Thread: shadowstep

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

shadowstep

would like to see shadowstep in all trees where it could be specced into and have a different buff on the said tree

like on sub where it increases next attack by % maybe it needs to be higher than currently is to buff the tree

combat it could have an ability to make ur next attack or cost 0 energy

mutilate it could 100% chance to deal both poisons on next mutilare when used

these would not make next moves OP in anycase just shadowstep was probably the best move ever given to rogues and now its left to a tree that is litterally rotting

let me know what ideas u have with it or would like to see
    no luck ever!

Re: shadowstep

I'd like to see shadowstep trainable with no tree bonus and everything in the sub tree past the first tier dropped off the face of the earth. Too bad the overwhelming QQ over a trainable shadowstep would implode the world.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

While I would like to see a trainable shadowstep, I do not like the idea of ever spec having it's own SS 'buff' really.

Also as much as I'd like trainable SS, it would likely make us mut rogues OP so I don't see it happening. Maybe in Cata with further balancing but I'm not counting on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena
    it would likely make us mut rogues OP so I don't see it happening.
    How dare we have pvp mobility!

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

Because it would make rogues unnecessarily OP in PvP even if it didn't have any bonuses added to it.
    Rogues are already fine in PvP, and in PvE, why would you need to blink behind a boss to get out of a fire, or to reach a target more easily? Are you to lazy to simply sidestep or sprint to a boss you expect to just teleport to them?
    New and shiny compppppp!

Quote Originally Posted by Icpie
    Because it would make rogues unnecessarily OP in PvP even if it didn't have any bonuses added to it.
    Rogues are already fine in PvP, and in PvE, why would you need to blink behind a boss to get out of a fire, or to reach a target more easily? Are you to lazy to simply sidestep or sprint to a boss you expect to just teleport to them?
    This. While I certainly wouldn't mind getting SS as a mut rogue, we're fine in pvp and pve as it is. Sure it would be nice in pve for fights like icehowl but we have enough tricks as it is I think. Such as feigning so I don't have to run from emalon's shock blast, cloaking out of all sorts of nasty effects like gravity bombs, etc. It would be nice but it would be a bit much.

All Mages should get Arcane Barrage baseline too, because Mages also need "PVP mobility".

Have you tried to cast Fireball or Frostbolt while moving? ZOMG IT DOESNT WORK BUFF PLZ
    I > U

And I wouldn't say "NO" to Feral Charge being made a baseline ability. For "PVP mobility," of course.
    I > U

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    And I wouldn't say "NO" to Feral Charge being made a baseline ability. For "PVP mobility," of course.
    Yea a class that can already solo a 2s team definately needs a buff! God forbid you actually catch a frost mage to begin with BUFF PELS!

shadowstep is one of the only reasons to invest in subtlety. hat was nerfed into the ground. shadowdance is a joke. worse. 51. point. talent. ever. if you give it to every spec, well that just breaks subtlety even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    Yea a class that can already solo a 2s team definately needs a buff! God forbid you actually catch a frost mage to begin with BUFF PELS!

O HAI UR ON MAH SERVER
    New and shiny compppppp!

Warriors need to have Warbringer made baseline. PVP mobility, etc. etc.
    I > U

Quote Originally Posted by Jeddite
    Warriors need to have Warbringer made baseline. PVP mobility, etc. etc.

Locks need metamorphosis made into a baseline ability b/c nobody uses it anymore, pvp mobility amirite?
    New and shiny compppppp!

Discipline priests also bloody needs dispersion.
    Lower the cooldown to one minute and rollback the original design of that spell also (to regenerate 6% mana and 6% hp each sec for 6 sec.)

Ceko@Al'Akir-EU
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Al%27Akir&cn=Ceko&gn=Voivodite

[blizzquote author=Blizzard staff]Furthermore, it's not like there is much skill involved to that rotation ("GC SEZ RETS R FACEROLLERZ"). You hit the buttons and damage happens. [/blizzquote]

thats like saying lets give BM to all hunters cuz thay got petz and it only fits mk riyt? last thing that needs to happen is take the ONE THING that a spec has and give it to the otherspecs
    hahaha. no.

You cannot honestly say that rogues dont require more mobility, and some of the comparisons you people are talking about are insane, arcane barage, bm? how is that even remotely similar.
    Rogue is the only class in the game atm without any sort of gap closer that needs one.
    Sprint is okay, except it doesnt remove any snares so most of the time your not even at regular run speed with sprint up.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    How dare we have pvp mobility!
    So what about all those rogues in many different 2v2 and 3v3 setups?

Rogues have never had it bad, you seem like a reroller.

(I have this lock, but I also have a rogue)

I wouldn't want Shadowstep to be a baseline ability. Rather, I'd want it to have a different effect. Something such as causing Rogues to ignore 45% of armor for ten seconds on a thirty second cooldown. That would fix sub rogue issues with heavy plate wearers.

Also maybe Shadow Dance should be made passive and allows the rogue a chance on his backstabs to refresh his vanish ability?

Before the nerdrage, every class has DoTs so it wouldn't be ridiculously overpowered. Vanish would break if used constantly during the same battle. It would just give the rogue a second or third stealth break and more evenly pace stealth combat for sub rogues during any given combat by waiting for DoTs to come off before they continue their bombardment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dflow
    You cannot honestly say that rogues dont require more mobility, and some of the comparisons you people are talking about are insane, arcane barage, bm? how is that even remotely similar.
    Rogue is the only class in the game atm without any sort of gap closer that needs one.
    Sprint is okay, except it doesnt remove any snares so most of the time your not even at regular run speed with sprint up.

Rogues get slowed and CCed by classes that have imbalanced slows. DK CoI, it's a 95% slow and spammable with no DRs. DK's Desecration, this has no DR and is essentially a portable frost trap that's also spammable. Arcane mage slow, spammable ability costing very little mana.

Basically, imbalanced slows are the ones that can kite at very little expense and are AoE slows, or single target ranged slows without a cool-down.
    New and shiny compppppp!