New priest help (bug?) Mind Flay

I just started a Priest and I find that sometimes when I use Mind Flay it will stop working, it just won't do anything when I try to Mind Flay my target.
    Is this caused by a mod or anything?

Re: New priest help (bug?) Mind Flay

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf
    I just started a Priest and I find that sometimes when I use Mind Flay it will stop working, it just won't do anything when I try to Mind Flay my target.
    Is this caused by a mod or anything?
    I've had a bug that happens rarely where MF wont cast on a specific target, is that what you mean?

Or do you mean in PvP when people become snare immune it cancels your channel... which is stupid, but thats what happens.

This happens to me too sometimes, it's really annoying. It says my target is friendly for no reason. For instance, it happened on Auriaya some weeks ago, couldn't figure out what was going on. Since then I've discovered that when this happens, clearing your target and retargeting (i.e clicking somewhere else and then back on your target) makes Mind Flay work again. I have no idea why it happens though.

Ye, reported the bug months ago to blizz, but indeed, sometimes while having an ezmode boss not focussing can mean easy 5 secs no dps untill you see 'invalid target', click something else, reclick target and start rotation....pretty weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    I've had a bug that happens rarely where MF wont cast on a specific target, is that what you mean?

Yes, this is it. I'll be Mind Flaying a random mob then my Mind Flays will just stop working on it, I can cast all my other spells though.

Auriaya was the most common place for this to occur, but it's happened to me on Vezax trash once too. Basically your Mind Flay will refuse to be cast on your target, no matter what your target is, and will insist on casting it on one thing (sometimes thats the kitty, sometimes thats another raid member)

But yeah. You're fucked.

Good news is you're not alone in it, and that I've never experienced it in ToC

Quote Originally Posted by Proletariat
    Auriaya was the most common place for this to occur, but it's happened to me on Vezax trash once too. Basically your Mind Flay will refuse to be cast on your target, no matter what your target is, and will insist on casting it on one thing (sometimes thats the kitty, sometimes thats another raid member)

But yeah. You're fucked.

Good news is you're not alone in it, and that I've never experienced it in ToC
    I did, on Jaraxxus while targetting the Mistress ><

Quote Originally Posted by Prayzer
    I did, on Jaraxxus while targetting the Mistress ><
    Fuck

Happened to me on ptr too.Once when I was dueling and once in pit of saron.Unfortunately they haven't it in ptr.

Had that mind flay problem. and had the same thing happen to penance.

the animation goes through like normal. but nothing happens.

Micke

speaking of bugs, on my priest alt the mindflay sound keep going for a sec after ending the channel, anyone else has that prob?

I've had this several times on various bosses through Ulduar and ToC. The error message is either 'target is friendly' or 'target is already dead' It's certainly annoying when it happens.