Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ICC 5-mans, how hard do they hit?

I'm looking forward to hitting some fresh 5-mans for the first time in a year (shut up, you up the back, ToC5 doesn't count). I'm really, really hoping, though, that the ICC dungeons are tuned so that the normal mode requires at least ~ilvl219 gear to have a good chance of completing, and the heroic mode requires ~226. I'll be very disappointed if I just roll through and never even learn the trash abilities or boss fights because everything dies in a big cloud of AoE.

Can anyone who made it on to the test realm and ran through them comment on what kind of damage they dish out?
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Re: ICC 5-mans, how hard do they hit?

to true i hope the baddies with the welfares can't roll through it
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

The normal modes are pretty meh.. harder than current 5 mans though.

However, Heroic mode is pretty rough in parts for a 5 man. The bosses all have unique features so it's not the same old boring tank and spank.

They are VERY well made 5 mans, very fun.

If you`re hoping for pug - breakers have to disappoint you a bit but the normal vers i just don`t see them much of a challenge. Heroic on the other hand is another level... Halls of Reflection at least i consider it as the new Oculus as far as breaking pugs is concerned. Other than that its just a simple of matter of understanding the mechanics of each encounter and it gets rather ez

i hope it will bemore difficult than MGT wason BC this is boring on wotlk heroics without CC:|

Thanks to Yoni

I zerged thru heroic forge first time run for all puggers, and they all had premades with little clue how high end gear works, atleast it seemed like it, and we breezed thru it with no wipes. considering that's more or less the gear level everyone are at when 3.3 is out, atleast not far from, I doubt you'll see much pug fail unless you get terrible tanks or healers, so I wouldn't worry.

edit: it's definitely no MGT pre nerf, but then again, there was a lot of new stuff in mgt back then, now people are experienced, so it's all good.

10+ Year Old Account

I was it on PTR all three wing of 5-mans and trust me - when casuel enter they will wipe. We were there in togc premade gear and it was not pull and kill thingy. Halls of reflections are very hard on heroic mode. The fact is boosted by Hp of the bosses (700k - 1M and +) and amount of mobs running to you. It is really challenging and i think those instances are the best 5-mans ever and they are very exiting.

I hope the heroics will be harder, but in terms of using your brain and not determed by gear. I dont think normal will require ilvl 219 when that is the ilvl of the loot in normal

Looking forward to gearing up some alts there

Quote Originally Posted by LizzýEU
    edit: it's definitely no MGT pre nerf, but then again, there was a lot of new stuff in mgt back then, now people are experienced, so it's all good.
    Darn. Pre-nerf MgT is pretty much what I was hoping for, at least it sounds like they made it a little challenging though. It was an instance where regardless of gear, if you cleared to the end you could feel damn good about it.

@ Chell82 - when you say Halls of Reflection are "the new Oculus", do you mean "with tough boss fights that require people to adapt"? Or do you mean "with sh*tty spread out ranged mob pulls, a boss that pisses off and leaves you with a bunch of mobs to aoe down 3 times in a row before you actually fight him, and vehicles that you have to hop on and off and on and off and on and off and on and off and KILL YOURSELF NOW"? :P
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

nah i didn`t mean that as far as the mechanics go ) nothing complex - kill mobs kill boss... but the actual mobs & bosses are hard to kill... well tbh only the first phase is hard cause if you get past that than running from arthas is lol unfortunately... but ya its getting past the 1st 2 bosses that`s a pain

Quote Originally Posted by warriorweapon
    inoright. We all know how serious bis 5mans are and we need to keep those damn casuals out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Why wern't you shot at birth? :x

Deleted

Yeah, because based on the quotes below, you are really one to give credit or take serious...

(Bainz is gay)
    I don't play to much but raid when I do, andd use up most of my time and have problems getting gold to pay for gems and enchants when i get an upgrade. what is the best way of making gold besides dailies or farming.
    is theer any god addons for playing the auction house

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

Same goes for the hardcore baddies, loads of those as well...
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Well t9 is already welfare. Do you really expect some 5 mans that drop 219/232 to require 258 gear?
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Well t9 is already welfare. Do you really expect some 5 mans that drop 219/232 to require 258 gear?
    YES. Baddies can get gear by farming Nexus and UK. I want to earn my gear, and the right to see the end of the dungeons, not just sit back and watch ICC5: The Movie.

ahh how cute, small kid trying to look cool!
    get out

ontopic:
    I think the bosses will be as hard as totc was when it came, so it's a bit more challenging thn other heroics, but i dont think you'll be wiping a lot in there. It's blizzard's way of helping you to gear up alts, and i'm happy with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    YES. Baddies can get gear by farming Nexus and UK. I want to earn my gear, and the right to see the end of the dungeons, not just sit back and watch ICC5: The Movie.
    You play in wrong game then , shoo away.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Gear DOES NOT make the player. One poster thinks they are a joke (which they most likely are) and another thinks they are harder than anything ever in the game (which they most likely are not). Just because you have good gear doesn't mean you don't suck.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

All you people saying casuals cant do the 5 mans, I've done them in PTR and its not hard if you actually know what your doing.