Thinking Outside the Box

I was sitting around very bored this break and while making pretend builds I came across a startling revelation. Concussion blow is based off AP (75%) and so is Bloodthirst (50%).

Boom baby.

I came up with a one handed (but still two weapons) fury build, yes it is insanity, that on paper seems to have some promise. Make no mistake, this build is not designed for 2's. I don't believe it would have the sustained damage to pressure any healer. Think about 3' s though with another dps backing you up: it could be lethal. Disarm a healer (10% more damage) and pop recklessness; then hit a healer with CB, BT, and a WW/HS all back to back.

Strengths:

BT: A high damage near spammable attack
    Heroic Fury: To catch targets and break roots
    CB: A 30 second cool down Hammer of Justice (-1) that can do massive damage
    Improved Shield Block: Be defensive more often and generate 5 rage when hit
    Improved Intercept and Glove Bonus: Making this a ridiculously short cooldown
    Short timer Berserker Rage and Bloodrage: Gives the warrior the ability to generate rage while away from a target or to setup burst
    Furious Attacks: Mortal Strike never hurts
    Improved Spell Reflection: Making a mage sheep themselves or a warlock fear themselves has never been funnier
    Last Stand : O pussy feathers I might die
    Improved Revenge: While being the target you can still stun and do damage
    Piercing Howl: I always thought this was borderline OP till DK's came along
    Doesn't Require Great Weapons: Most of the damage will come from AP

Weaknesses:

When CB is on cooldown the damage is ummmm bad.
    Not a reliable MS
    No two handed weapons
    No bladestorm
    No sweeping strikes
    Whirlwind is a wet noodle
    Could be rage starved (no warrior to test it with)

Overall I believe the ability to throw on/off a shield and do large, on demand, amounts of damage will outweigh the downside of not having consistent high damage. If geared and played right, I believe that this build could generate feral druid burst with a MS and a short cool down stun. The important thing to note in this build is: Bloodthirst and Cuncussion Blow have no stance requirements. They can be used while still being defensive. Nothing irks me more than when my warrior partner has to go defensive, as is often the case, and loses most of his damage.

Arms build won't work for this for two reasons. It is based off weapon damage and bladestorm.
    Critique and flame away:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...A,F3Hq-3,10894

Teams I think this could benefit:

Ret/Warr/RShaman (what I really designed this for)
    Feral/Warr/HolyP (Let that feral use CB for a huge Ferocious Bite or Rip and allow Paladin to use stun to CC for kill)

Re: Thinking Outside the Box

Nice thougt but i dont think i´ll work.You offer ur TG for a stun.Come on a second 2hand weapon or a stun?^^ But you should try it and make a video of it
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."

The thing about the stun is..... it does tons of damage. If all geared for strength to max out AP, this thing is a wrecking ball. Titan Grip also nerfs damage by 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedictous
    The thing about the stun is..... it does tons of damage. If all geared for strength to max out AP, this thing is a wrecking ball. Titan Grip also nerfs damage by 10%.
    Just like i said you should try it.Maybe its the new fury Pvp build.Who knows ? ^^
    "In our world those who dont care about the rules are called trash but those who dont care about their friends are even worse than trash."

I would do it tonight if i had an 80 warrior. Mine is sitting in tier 4 at level 71. I was hoping an experimental warrior would give it a shot and see if it worked. None of my friends have warriors either, so I can't try theirs.

I would do it tonight if i had an 80 warrior. Mine is sitting in tier 4 at level 71. I was hoping an experimental warrior would give it a shot and see if it worked. None of my friends have warriors either, so I can't try theirs.
    I havent bought gametime imo.If i had i would try it asap

just tried it, and it isn't great at all. Very weak dmg, and rage starved

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Knight
    just tried it, and it isn't great at all. Very weak dmg, and rage starved
    Where you tried it?in PvP or PvE?

I also want to know how you tried it. It doesn't seem like it would be too rage starved since CB is on a 30 second CD, allowing you to save up rage for it. It also costs less rage than BT and WW. Are you using berserker's rage and bloodrage?

tried it pvp

rotation i tried was,

<DEFENSIVE>- Disarm > BerserkerStance > berserker rage > bloodrage > Recklessness > intercept > bloodthirst > WW > Concussion > Heroic, then i'm at a lost from here, just did white swings till the CDs were up.

I'll give this a try

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie Knight
    tried it pvp

rotation i tried was,

<DEFENSIVE>- Disarm > BerserkerStance > berserker rage > bloodrage > Recklessness > intercept > bloodthirst > WW > Concussion > Heroic, then i'm at a lost from here, just did white swings till the CDs were up.
    What I would try is, Berserker Rage/Bloodrage, Intercept, Recklessness, CB, BT, WW. It is important to CB directly after a recklessness, it will hit like a truck. If you Reckless and intercept, your intercept will crit and waste a charge.

+Dont go Defensive unless you are taking alot of melee heat. You deal -5% damage in defensive, your STR bonus from fury doesn't work, and changing stances destroys rage.

Deleted

There's a reason there is a box.

What you're doing with this spec is going for halfassed fury and halfassed protection. Sure, you could end up being somewhat potent but I belive going either full prot or full TG will yield better results for you, for the simple reason of you missing out on the great shit.

This spec would have less burst, less controll, and mediocre movement, than that of a protection PVP spec, while the only real upside I see is slightly, and I mean slightly, higher sustained damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezool
    There's a reason there is a box.

What you're doing with this spec is going for halfassed fury and halfassed protection. Sure, you could end up being somewhat potent but I belive going either full prot or full TG will yield better results for you, for the simple reason of you missing out on the great shit.

This spec would have less burst, less controll, and mediocre movement, than that of a protection PVP spec, while the only real upside I see is slightly, and I mean slightly, higher sustained damage.
    I don't think you are seeing the point of this spec and what I designed it for. The whole point was to provide a MS, burst, and support to two teams that had only damage and healing with moderate CC. You are right: it wont lock down someone like a prot warrior can, but prot doesn't have a MS. It doesn't damage like a 51 pointer, but can survive longer. When focused, it can still dish out damage accordingly to support the other DPS and lock a target down or disarm them, unlike a MS or Fury warrior who loses almost all damage while being defensive. Does it have juggernaut? No, but it can close gaps and get away from focus fire.

Would it do well in a BG? Probably not
    Would it do well in 2's? Definitely not

This was solely built to support the teams that I like/play more than the cookie cutters can.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

not alot of overal damage, but nice burst, and not alot of rage, i personally think a full prot build is more effective.

I really cant see how on earth you imagined this to be any better than a regular tanking spec for dps/burst.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper
    I really cant see how on earth you imagined this to be any better than a regular tanking spec for dps/burst.
    You didn't read the post. This spec is designed for helping the two teams I listed win games. A protection warrior would be rather worthless in those setups because of the lack of a MS. This build, I believe, would offer a moderate amount of control and a MS to two teams that really have neither. If the teams have a great amount of coordination, the recklessness, CB, and BT with the other DPS,say ret with wings popped or a cat with berserk up, the burst would be unpredictable and overwhelming. If the shaman could purge off buffs from a soft target early, I think it could two shot an unsuspecting healer or cloth wearer.

The points spent in protection are to help the warrior survive when focused, but still do damage.

From my rough estimates I think the warrior could lay down 12k damage with a crit from CB and BT in two globals. Not to mention the -50% heals and the on demand stun. Setting up his partner for the kill. Also CB is on a short cooldown, meaning the team can try and set something up often. The whole point is to try things differently and see if someone can yeild results.

I don't think you are seeing the point of this spec and what I designed it for. The whole point was to provide a MS, burst, and support to two teams that had only damage and healing with moderate CC. You are right: it wont lock down someone like a prot warrior can, but prot doesn't have a MS. It doesn't damage like a 51 pointer, but can survive longer. When focused, it can still dish out damage accordingly to support the other DPS and lock a target down or disarm them, unlike a MS or Fury warrior who loses almost all damage while being defensive. Does it have juggernaut? No, but it can close gaps and get away from focus fire.

Would it do well in a BG? Probably not
    Would it do well in 2's? Definitely not

This was solely built to support the teams that I like/play more than the cookie cutters can.

And you're missing his point. If this had any real viability you'd already see players using it, which they're not. No offense, but I'm kinda tired of people thinking they've come up with something amazing and not realizing that it either doesn't work for obvious reasons and hasn't even been tested or has already been tested and proven it doesn't work.