Does AP have DR?

hey guys just a simple question sorry if its been asked before but i havnt the time atm to look thru threads

Does AP have DR and if so how much by and whats the effect of the DR?

cheers again

Re: Does AP have DR?

If by AP you mean attack power, it never has a DR. What I think you're trying to get at is whether or not it'll lose its value compared to other stats you could replace it with... in that case, the answer is yes. This is in line with the debate over kitty druids using Berserking vs Mongoose, where Mongoose (while supplying less AP than Berserking) wins out as a better DPS enchant due to the haste and crit it also provides, but this only occurs at higher gear levels where kitty AP is over 10k. In all reality, changing one stat even by a little will shift the value of all your other stats, so there isn't a solution if we don't know the immediate stats of the kitty in question. All the stat <-> DPS point value charts have baseline kitty stats from which each value is extrapolated, so the value of a stat (specifically in this case, AP) is very dynamic as your gear changes.

If I recall, addons like RAWR can help you figure out what a stat's DPS value is based on your current gear, so I suppose you can try those out if you're interested about a certain upgrade (I personally don't use these types of add-ons, so take this advice with a grain of salt).
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Grath is ugly and also is shit

Quote Originally Posted by GrathSucks
    Grath is ugly and also is shit
    it is very impressive to see how well you assume your pitiful "spit" ^^

you even created an account just for that !!

nicely done!!

/sacarsm

as Exo said, increasing your AP by 1000 from 6000 to 7000 is a 17% increase, whereas increasing your AP from 7000 to 8000 is a 14% increase. As your attack power increases, the percentage of your damage decrease. The only reason you'll get it is because the ilvl of your gear goes up (aka upgrades) unless you're stupid and you gem strength.

15+ Year Old Account

It is also true that while the relative bonus decreases, in an absolute value AP scales linearly. So no, it is not subjected to DRs.
    14AP means 1dps, for white hits, and a consequent bonus on all your melee-based abilities. Rake and Rip instead have their own scaling. They are both linear, whether you have 3k AP or 30k AP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

No. 1400 gives the same DPS increase at 5000-6400 as it does at 15000-16400. (Not the same % of dps increase, but counting like that in this particular subject like some people do is silly). It's the same static increase.

(With the best gear, Executioner is actually BiS)