any spriests here done H anub

currently im doing this boss with my guild and its been our 2nd night on it so far.. so pretty much im working out a good way to AOE the adds down in phase 1 the most effectively, since they die within like 20 seconds how do u guys dps them... do u multi dot? do u mind sear spam anub? do u mind sear spam an add to get dps on anub while killin adds? do u put 1 dot on each and spam mind sear? do u keep anub dotted while spamming mind sear?

yeah the list goes on

what do u fellow spriests do when dpsing the adds down?

Re: any spriests here done H anub

I assume you're talking about 25. You're going to want to multi~dot, or at least that's what I do. and don't wait for your tanks to get them on blue, just dot them up with SW and VT as soon as they are in range. in 10, same thing applies.

The best way is to dot them all up with vampiric touch once and then spam mind sear on one add with the mind sear glyph if you're using two add tanks. With one add tank, the glyph is not necessary. If SW:P runs out on Anub, don't bother.

I can only speak from a personal view on the fight, since there are different ways to do it, but if you tank all four adds on 1 ice patch like we do, you'd want to cast vamperic touch on all the adds, and begin your mind sear spam even before they get into position. if you pull aggro, just fade before they reach you, or spec for additional threatreduction.

The more haste you have, the more damage you'll be able to do this way.

You shouldn't bother with sw.p, since it's so ineffective and mana consuming that you wont last all of phase 3 that way.

I mind sear an add, to get more damage on the boss, but I guess you could mind sear the boss if you're strugling with killing the adds. Or if you use the double ice patch tactic.
    If you want to make sure you hit everything with your mind sear, you could alwayse glyph it for the extra yards, but it's generally not a problem if the tanks know how to position the adds properly.

Just ignore the dots you have up on Anub, and reapply them when the adds are about to die.
    Dont bother with an extra mind sear, if it's not going to run the full channeling time.

When Mind Searing, I always mind sear one add to get additional dps on Anub. I'll keep their health bars up and always switch to the mob with the lowest health to do my best to keep their health even. If you're searing the mob that dies first, you didn't really need the extra dps on that mob anyways right, there always seems to be one that gets more aoe damage from melee, etc. I find that trying to balance out that damage helps.

Assume you are talking about 25men, the adds will live long enough for your DoTs to get their last ticks (tbh, I'd be suprised if they go down in ~20s for you), so VT all 4 adds when they are coming to your tanks (or healers =p). After that, MS spamfest, try to ask a disc priest for PI everytime its cd is up and you are going to cast MS.
    If your guild is using two adds tanks, MS off Anub, else MS off an add for extra dmg on Anub.
    For whether or not to refresh the DoTs on Anub, it's pretty much depends on your goal - to get highest dps possible or to make sure Anub go down. Before I got Insanity, I used to keep my DoTs always up on Anub to get more Anub dps & VE group heal (a 1% and 2% wipe due to people disconnection, lack of anub dps => enrage wasn't fun ). Now that we got it already, I just ignore the DoTs and go VT MS for maximum dps, most of the time they shouldn't be dropped off for more than 1 or 2 ticks anyway.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

I personally never bothered to VT all the adds, I just keep dpsing anub untill adds are nearly in place then commence mindsear while keeping dots up @ boss.
    Here's P3 of our first kill (with 48 attemts left) from my pov: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QymaxiBcS1I

I'm the only shadow in the raid, in G5 with 4 healers. My VE heals keep them at a nice low and stable level so anub doesn't heal too much.
    Use SW:death to keep your own hp lower and pray that you get pen. cold (yes, this sounds weird )

Edit: After reading other guys posts here, I think I'll try and give VT-ing the adds a shot, 2pc T9 bonus should do good.

/Crpzz of The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU

1. Get http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45466 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47946
    2. Use trinket, Spam 2 VT on your left side then 2 on right side. Depending on how your guild deals with adds u might want to SWP too, but this is some srs mana consumption.
    Code:
    #showtooltip Mind Sear
    /target Anub'arak
    /cast Mind Sear
    Welcome to 9k dps club.

Tell your disc priests to PI you during your trinket for maximum lolz 3 sec Mind sear.

Pro tips for not wasting DPS.
    1. If you are in middle of area, dont dot, just flay/blast/death
    2. If u are on side of area, vt/swp and proc replenishment whenever.
    3. Dont try to Mindsear before Anub burrows u wont hit enough to make it useful, just multidot.
    4. for the love of god dont mindsear off an add, absolutly no point faster adds die faster your entire raid will be dpsing anub, sounds better than 1 stand Mindsear tick.
    5. Mindsear Glyph, get rid of Mindflay 1, it hurts a little on the inside, but you get used to it after a few attempts.
    6. Be on the lookout for a good time to Mindsear swarming scarabs in burrow phases, i happend to get lucky on an attempt and was searing 5-6 targets.
    7. Forget everything about dot uptime when adds are out.

Im tired, so that's all i can think of atm.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Strykie

Pretty much echoing what everyone else has said in this thread... I use VT and SWP myself for the adds (respecced for less SWP cost myself, purely personal but since this is the hardest fight in the game at the moment I feel it's worth it) as soon as they are running in. Then, I mind sear one of the adds if I can (so Anub gets the aoe damage, if not I mind sear him) and just watch all their health go down. Don't bother re-applying dots after this, but both your VT and SWP should run the full duration on the fight.

I managed 8k on a night of tries on him using this strategy, which I really enjoyed

I prefer to MS off one of the adds to make sure I hit 4 targets, anub's hitbox is so huge/weird that MSing off him could leave 1 add out.
    Show us some world of logs of fellow shadows, nice things to compare how things work out. The last 3 kills I'm always ending up somewhere in the middle ~7k dps avg over the whole fight (except for the last fight where some add decided to murder me on his route to the tank ops: )

Basically if your tanks tank them in a way that you can Mind sear, i would do that, judging from the meters ive seen the top 20 on WMO for example are between 9-10k dps, see here - http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c.../pri/8/0/3/320. Now the way we do it is that we use the two tank stratergy and the adds are further apart meaning i cannnot mind sear. What i do is something like this, i dps anub till i see the adds spawn, then i move clockwise from the back left add dotting them up with VT and SW:P. What you want is to get all four adds with SW:P+VT, and when you target anub you want to make sure he still has SW:P and DP, VT will have fallen off so reapply it. When you have reapplied SW:P, VT and a DP, then MF all the adds in the order you dotted them, this will ensure SW:P stays on till it dies, do not VT, if you do it means that the adds are taking too long to die and something else has to be done.

Also remember in phase 3 if you are asigned to heal your party through VE, you must stay on anub pretty much full time, let your guild know this so that they can expect one less person on the adds in phase 3.

EDIT: my WMO of our 50 attempt anub kill one hour after server firsts lol - http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/9949194#damageout Hope that helps in some way

@Weena:
    Just curious, how much further apart are your tanks tanking the adds? My guilds use two tanks as well, and I have never had any problem with MS hitting all 4 targets (MS off Anub most of the time, sometimes if my tanks can put them in good position I can even MS off an add in transition between P1-P2). Since most of ground-target'd AoE have a 8 radius and MS' radius is 10y (15 w/ glyph), if you can't hit all of the adds wouldn't all your other dpsers have trouble as well?

Anyway, if you are assigned to solo heal your party in P3, you can still use Mind Sear, just put 1 or 2 VE on the adds and spec into imp VE if neccessary.

P/S: tell Kros that Star says "hi" to him for me thx :x
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Didn't get to P3, so don't take this log too seriously, but I'm quite proud of doing well on this fight It's a fun fight

N.B: I do glyph mind sear for this fight as I feel it's worth it

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...ses&boss=34564

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia
    @Weena:
    Just curious, how much further apart are your tanks tanking the adds? My guilds use two tanks as well, and I have never had any problem with MS hitting all 4 targets (MS off Anub most of the time, sometimes if my tanks can put them in good position I can even MS off an add in transition between P1-P2). Since most of ground-target'd AoE have a 8 radius and MS' radius is 10y (15 w/ glyph), if you can't hit all of the adds wouldn't all your other dpsers have trouble as well?

Anyway, if you are assigned to solo heal your party in P3, you can still use Mind Sear, just put 1 or 2 VE on the adds and spec into imp VE if neccessary.

P/S: tell Kros that Star says "hi" to him for me thx :x
    I cant tell you exactly how far and i cant find a video but ive tried on occasions to mind sear and it comes up with me not hiting any. The tanking is something like:

ANUB
    Adds Adds

Basically our anub isnt exactly in the middle for some reason, i would say something about it but i dont want to change much since im the only one with the actual issue in my guild and we've been downing it for weeks, no need to change the strat just for me

Btw will tell Kros!

good reading.. yeah i guess i should explain the situation further

it is 25H and we do the 2 tank strat, but i can hit the adds without glyph so im not sure if ill change MF glyph or not ill try it, but im leaning towards VT on everything and use DP on the add im going to MS spam

Quote Originally Posted by Grath
    currently im doing this boss with my guild and its been our 2nd night on it so far.. so pretty much im working out a good way to AOE the adds down in phase 1 the most effectively, since they die within like 20 seconds how do u guys dps them... do u multi dot? do u mind sear spam anub? do u mind sear spam an add to get dps on anub while killin adds? do u put 1 dot on each and spam mind sear? do u keep anub dotted while spamming mind sear?

yeah the list goes on

what do u fellow spriests do when dpsing the adds down?

you DoT the 4 adds with VT while there making there way to the tank. then refresh your Anub Dots if need be , and Mind sear one of the adds so that it hits Anub and 3 adds.

That's pretty much it.

Fade when necessary as with VT on the inbound adds if your not running 3 rogues too triple tricks of the trade you will catch aggro from the adds with enough mind sear crits.
    HTML Code:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Johnish/simple

what everyone else said...

-get a use-haste-trinket for this fight (fetish or scale of fates)
    -put vt on all adds
    -put ve on atleast 3 adds (only if you are responsible for keeping your group alive)
    -make friends with your discipline priest(s) for power infusion
    -mindsear anub
    -profit

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...6328#damageout

ranked 5th and 7th in europe on our first and second anubkill due to 3 discipline priests (well 2, because you can't use all infusions on on person in phase 1). could have been more, if we wouldn't offtank the adds once anub drops below 2 million :'(