Please Help this Boomkin...

Hi guys,

I have a boomkin that most of the times was on top of dps charts at my servers raids. One day I tried with some changes in my build and i completely messed up. I've been reading a lot of posts and forums about boomkins dps but i'm still feeling that my dps is not the same. My gearscore according wow-heroes is at 2647 (i think its ok).

This is my character's sheet: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...her&n=Thralock

My rotation is: IFF, MF, IS, Starfall (when possible), Treants, trinket, then Wrath until Eclipse, Star Fire again until Eclipse, and tried to keep up my DoT's.

Please... could you give me some advice with my build/glyphs/rotation?

Thanks guys!!!

Re: Please Help this Boomkin...

Both of your builds are wrong at the momment, heres what you should use:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0xRbuiIscdIVhohZbxczb

That is probably one of the basics you'll need, the three remaining points go basically wherever you wish, there are some druids that dont pick starfall, some that pick typhoon, but the build i linked is mostly the basics.

Personally, i love this build:

http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

For the Gylphs, you gotta use Glyph of Starfire, Glyph of Moonfire and either Glyph of IS (which mathematically is superior) or Glyph of Starfall (which some druids love, i do, screw maths ).

You're aboslutely over cap for a Moonkin, you should be looking at 262-263 hit, and you're rocking 446.

If you do not have Tier 8 to use 2 parts, try to get the shoulders of T9 asap for the bonus, and finish your Hodir reputations :P.

You're using many SPELL PENETRATION GEMS, they're not good at all, use 12sp 10spi and just TWO (some druids use more if the Gem Bonus is 7 SP or more, because of the Spirit and Bonus transformation, 12sp+10spi+7sp = 22sp).

And work on your crit.

Those are my humble advices for now , remember the Haste Softcap is 400 (going over isnt that bad, but the goal is to try to keep it around that value, i cant go under 440 now), the Hitcap is 262-263.

Well you absolutely must have Master Shapeshifter. 4% increase in dps for 2 points and you have already spent the points in Natural Shapeshifter.

Omen of Clarity is proved to be the best mana regen talent and 2nd is Intensity. If you are worried about your mana, therefore, take 3 points out of Dreamstate and 1 in OOC and 2 in intensity.

Also, you have far too much hit rating. I would lose the shard of the crystal heart and put in eye of the broodmother or talisman of resurgence. OR if you really life the trinket, you can drop balance of power and put two ponts elsewhere.

You have 17% hit which is the chance to miss a raid boss BUT you minus 4% for balance of power and 3% for improved faerie fire, and with these talents you only need 10%. I take IFF for the 3% crit more than the hit rating but, as matters stand, you are able to either move points or change your trinket, depending on what you prefer, so long as you have 17% still.

I personally hate owlkin frenzy. I find the proc rate so low it is hardly worth it. On some fights it never procs. I would just move those to IFF for the crit (and hit if you drop the trinket).

Also, Spell Penetration does absolutely nothing on PvE. It is purely for PvP. So you can change out those gems. Also, get the Sons of Hodir enchant on your shoulders. You are 8475/12000 into honored and it seems like a long way but it is only a few days grind really.

I would also pick up the t9 4pc. The set bonus will buff your dps (4% extra dps) more than the extra stats on the lvl 245 shoulders you have now.

Your gear generally is nice and your glyphs are fine as well.

GL!

yeah to be honest mate, you really don't need all that hit rating. So long as you pick IFF, which passively buffs your chance to hit. you should be fine, your crit rating definetely needs to be improved. My boomkin has over 30% crit buffed with MOW, looking at your spec. you really don't need owlkin frenzy IMO, because that's a pvp talent. Another thing I would recommend, is spending points in MS will give you a SP bonus in boomkin form. Also Omen of clarity would, really help you out on conserving mana. That way, you can save an innervate for a healer in a raid or heroic instance situation.

Thanks a lot for your comments and help guys!

Im changing specs at this moment and i'll try a quick OS 10 or 25 to give a try to this http://www.wowarmory.com/talent-calc...00000000000000

I'll change the glyphs too.

I'll be back with the results of the changes

Deleted

So, you had a good spec where you did great damage? Then you changed some stuff, and you did bad damage? Why not just change back?

Anyways, other people have written excellent comments already, so i will restaint myself to: Too much haste, too little crit.

I am working on building a Boomkin Duel spec and i am wondering what i need for a good crit% mine is 25% in form my haste is 400 and i am hit capped at 9% (i always have a dranai in raid) so what should my crit be at?