Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Say NO to old titles coming back!!!

The only reason that anyone would want the titles not to come back is so that they can feel cool for having played since Vanilla - which is really just silly, I think it's a good thing that my rerolls and new characters will have to opportunity to obtain the old titles as well.

No one really cares that you had a Vanilla PvP rank btw, so just get over it.
    (Parentheticals)

The titles "measure" two totally different things. They should be different.

You see someone running around with "Blood Guard". Is he an old school pvp'er who had a lot of time 4 years ago? Or is he really good at ranked BGs?

Different systems, different eras, totally different level/spells/talents/etc. Different titles.

I played alot in WoW classic and got to rank 12 with one character, rank 11 with another and rank 7 or such with a third, later upon we got screwed on both the pvp only mounts and pvp only gear, Blizzard told us we'll get to keep the ranks for only ourselves though, so it wasn't that bad as the gear was gonna end up useless in TBC anyway.

Now though it seems like they'll change their mind again and give alot of people the titles that belong to the old pvp system, which seems really odd as you can't get the gladiator titles and mounts who's obtained through the Arena system - in the new battleground system.

I don't know why blizzard have to reuse the titles from the old battleground system, it seems really stupid to me, here's a link to wikipedia on military ranks that can be used, there's more then those that they used like 4 years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_ranks

If i could i would post about this on the North American forums, but unfortunately (in this case) i'm playing in Europe and can't post on the forums that the developers actually care about.

Quote Originally Posted by MilitantCasual
    Damn Straight! <Master Chief> Now there's a title...
    If only we could wear green full plate armor with a helmet with yellow non-transparent glass and disable our own name, then it would be THE title.