Thread: Spark of Hope

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Spark of Hope

Drops... Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Arcane Mage and Boomkin all want it. Who should be allowed to roll?

To clarify: People insist this is a healer trinket, yet spirit is usless for Pala/Shaman.

Re: Spark of Hope

The arc mage... none of the others can even use spirit

15+ Year Old Account

None should roll, it should be automaticly assigned to druid imo

Because palis and shaman can use +100 spirit.

truthfully? Would probably end up better as a shard. Maybe Resto shaman would use it the most. But all those guys will be ditching it the second they can. It's definitely a resto druid/priest trinket.
    Why not you paid your $15 right?

Quote Originally Posted by Moderas
    The arc mage... none of the others can even use spirit
    Execpt that the Moonkin druid can also use it ^^

Edit:
    Well as for the topic i would say while both the Arc mage and Moonkin may be able to use it, it would prove not to be worth using really, they shouldn't really need the little stats and "mana regen" they get from it, they would be far better off with a real dps trinket.

As for Resto shammys and Holy Paladins, then i would say that this trinket will probably be worth like 90 mp5, while that is good you can easily get something better as a paladin and resto shaman, but to be honest i don't think that you should give it to a dps since the dps increase will be very small and they shouldn't need the mana regen from that sort of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unatural View Post
    * 80% of all Raid bosses is Melee Unfriendly.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Aren't raid bosses supposed to be unfriendly? I thought that's why we were trying to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account

And spirit is soooo good for mages.

This trinket is good for:

Resto Druids
    Holy Priests
    Warlocks (Actually since like 59% of their spirit equals to spellpower (with LT glyph and imp. Fel Armor), so it gives them like 60 spellpower, not super, but not that crappy either.)
    Vol'jin fanboy

Resto druid and priest no other classes should be allowed to roll on it. Plz tell the pal and shaman they need to learn to gem / gear right if they really think Spark of hope would help them.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    Drops... Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Arcane Mage and Boomkin all want it. Who should be allowed to roll?

To clarify: People insist this is a healer trinket, yet spirit is usless for Pala/Shaman.
    Since the Trinket doesn't increase Healing its not a Healing Trinket and people should stop thinking like that

And anyway Mage and Moonkin both benefits from Spirit, and any Paladin who wants that Trinket doesn't know how much mana regen they already have, after Mage and Moonkin gets it the Shaman can take it though if the mana cost reduction is worth it over any other Healing Trinket he should already have o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Tinno
    Execpt that the Moonkin druid can also use it ^^

Edit:
    Well as for the topic i would say while both the Arc mage and Moonkin may be able to use it, it would prove not to be worth using really, they shouldn't really need the little stats and "mana regen" they get from it, they would be far better off with a real dps trinket.

As for Resto shammys and Holy Paladins, then i would say that this trinket will probably be worth like 90 mp5, while that is good you can easily get something better as a paladin and resto shaman, but to be honest i don't think that you should give it to a dps since the dps increase will be very small and they shouldn't need the mana regen from that sort of thing.
    since when boobiekins have mana issues
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    Since the Trinket doesn't increase Healing its not a Healing Trinket and people should stop thinking like that
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=15031

Anyway, you have to be stupid to ignore the stats and passive effect on that trinket that clearly favor holy priests and resto druids the most.

Deleted

No spirit-using healers are rolling on this triket in my example, neither is the Boomkin offspec Resto. I know how people love to go "mana saving ooh, is for healers lols!" but does that still hold true even with useless stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r
    if you as dps want to roll on it then go ahead. i will only giggle at your choice ^^

i wonder, do you also happen to think that trinkets from sartharion and razorscale are dps only trinkets?
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

I think you're missing the point. As a healer check your recount for number of spells cast during a given fight. Multiply that number by 42...get it? Wouldnt any healer take a trinket that gives you an additional 5k mana pool?

Best mp5 trinket in the game hands down...the 100 spirit is just a toss in.

Quote Originally Posted by TOMGC
    No spirit-using healers are rolling on this triket in my example, neither is the Boomkin offspec Resto. I know how people love to go "mana saving ooh, is for healers lols!" but does that still hold true even with useless stats?
    its very good for resto druids. we usually use instant spells with 1 sec global cd. trinket reduces mana cost by around 36 if im not mistaken (with talents). if i cast 5 spells within 5 secs im saving 180 mana. so basically trinket gives me 180 mp5 + 100 spirit. very nice for many fights

edit: also theres interesting comment on wowhead:
    The 42 mana applies before all of the arcane blast mana-increasing penalties are calculated.

So this drops the mana cost of 3-stack arcane blast from 1722 mana to 1270.
    it was written in 3.1 tho. now arcane mages dont have mana issues but back then this bonus would seem massive i think
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

That only holds true if said priest has access to way superior trinkets, example being the ones from jaraxxus. In other cases there are quite a few fights where mana can be a bitch and this trinket definitely lessens the issue.

Deleted

But there are no Priests in this discussion >.>

For the purposes of debate, assume that there are no Priests in this raid and the Boomkin is the only Druid, his offspec is Feral Tank. I'm well aware that this is a trinket for spirit-using healers foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylis
    I think you're missing the point. As a healer check your recount for number of spells cast during a given fight. Multiply that number by 42...get it? Wouldnt any healer take a trinket that gives you an additional 5k mana pool?

Best mp5 trinket in the game hands down...the 100 spirit is just a toss in.
    Not really depending on the fight and what class you play the trinket either sucks or is great. i just did a rough comparison to my solace on this weeks Heroic twins which was pure chain heal spam and refreshing riptide. the fight lasted 4mins 10 seconds i cast enough heals for the SoH to save 5k mana but in the 4mins and 10 seconds of having 144mp5 from the solace gives me 7.2k mana on top of the spell power it provides. and before you say well it takes time to get 8 stacks i drop totems before the fight begins for 5 stacks then i regen to full mana and cast water walking on myself so i start the fight at full mana and 8 stacks.

like i said before this really should only be looted to resto druids (for the spi and the fact they spam instants all fight allowing more casts then other classes) and priests (for the spi and spell power it provides as well as the amount of instants they have allowing for in theory more casts then say pals and shaman)

on top of that when have you seen shaman and a pal run oom. i have 1150 haste atm and mana is not an issuer as long as I'm smart. never was even in uludar. for pals and shaman there are far better blue trinkets or badge trinkets that can both be farmed then a spark of hope.

I am actually playing Holy Paladin and this trinket definitely isn´t good for me. I would never roll for it. It´s pretty crapy for holy pala. It is useless for me.. Dont understand pallyes who roll for it....

Since the spirit doesnt benefit pally and shaman at all, i dont think they're really good candidate for this trinket, But i have to agree that the passive -42 mana cost per cast is very sweet for any healer ... but in other hand ,theres alot of better trinket for those class.
    The boomkin isnt a good candidate either , since they really dont have ANY mana issue so any Heroic blue dps trinket would be better than this. IMO ''IF'' the Mage is Arcane He should have it, yes arcane shouldnt have any mana issue (only if they use their cd well) So this trinket might help him to Keep dpsing instead of poping Evocating

MY2CENT YO