Thread: Disc Trinkets

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Disc Trinkets

Hey there,
    I was looking for some help in deciding which trinkets to use as a Discipline priest, it is between:
    Binding Light : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47728
    Spirit-World Glass : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39388
    Spark of Hope : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45703
    Tears of the Vanquished : http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47215

thanks in advance.

Re: Disc Trinkets

Tears of the Vanquished and Spark of Hope, but only if you're having a ton of mana problems. Those are all primarily Holy trinkets. Binding Light on the other hand is rubbish and shouldn't really be used by anyone. Spark of Hope is the highest regen trinket in game and Tears of the Vanquished is superior to Binding Light and Spirit-World Glass... so, yeah.

I'd vote for nne of the above, personally.

I know it's what you have to roll with, but I really wouldn't suggest any of the latter three, only tears. My hunter still has to use a mirror of truth since death's choice is a myth but:

I would say: Tears> Spark >= Binding > Spirit-World.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyn
    I would say: Tears> Spark >= Binding > Spirit-World.
    Spark > Tears. The spirit is basically useless, but the reduced spell cost adds up to massive amounts of mana saved. When shield spamming it can break 200 mp/5 in effective worth.

what would you guys say i should try to get instead of these options?

Eye of the Broodmother, Illustration of the Dragon Soul, Sif's Remembrance... there are a bunch of options. Illustration is the best in slot for Disc currently (and has been for a long ass time). At most you want one regen trinket and preferably one with something else on it, like Sif's and the other versions (Solace, Show of Faith).

Good luck making your DPS hate you so you can have proper trinkets. :P

thanks alot for relies, now i have something to work toward

maek shure u r uzing bindng stone 4 ur geer score so u luk betar on wow heroes
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Tears or Spark are great for regen. I keep a few different trinkets on hand, depending on whats going on, but generally i use a throughput and a regen trinket like Illustration/Tears or something like that. It all depends on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    maek shure u r uzing bindng stone 4 ur geer score so u luk betar on wow heroes
    Thats y u hav a log out set and a play spec, nub. loolzz

Quote Originally Posted by Johnpnp
    Thats y u hav a log out set and a play spec, nub. loolzz
    In actuality, I call out apps who do that. If I see them running with a shitty trinket that's known to be bad, I ask them why they bother to run with it. Obviously if they half-ass a response or the whole "nothing's dropped for me" when even the good old-200 Sundial's better, then quite frankly not worth my time.

Gear Scores are for complete failtards who don't understand itemisation.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

I run with Solace (Normal) and Illustration, hoping for Heroic Solace once more people have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann
    They thought for some reason I would be as viable for tanking as a soggy piece of toast, while a paladin or warrior would be an incredible fortress with cannons specially designed to hold threat.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm currently running with Tears and Solace of the Defeated. It's a magnificent 1-2 combination. I still want Pandora's Plea though.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm using Eye of the Broodmother and Tears of the Vanquished - works quite well for me.

15+ Year Old Account

with those trinkets on offer, buy either Drakmoon Card: Illusion and/or egg of Mortal Essence, unless you're having mana problems then use Tears. i'm currently on the hunt for a 2nd SP trinket to replace my Tears and join my card for my priest but it's hard being on an alt, qq. SP ftw.

From those 4 options I'd go with Tears and Spark as your best trinkets.
    Work on getting a solace and an IotDS.
    I'm currently running with any combination of Solace, H-Solace, IotDS, Plea and Spark, depending on the fight.
    You get to a certain gear level and int stacking becomes irrelevant for anything other than 'omg look i has 40k mana lololol' e-peen waggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrstlol
    You get to a certain gear level and int stacking becomes irrelevant for anything other than 'omg look i has 40k mana lololol' e-peen waggling.
    Pretty much... imo, Solace is flat out BIS for disc. There was a time where I ran the badge int trink and pandora's plea, was sitting ~ 31.5k unbuffed mana, and basically couldn't force myself to go OOM. I've had the great fortune to acquire both regular and heroic mode Solace, and have found them to be - while less valuable from pure longevity than the int trinkets - a far better option as your casts go a lot further when you're pushing another 318 SP. Now I'm only driving about 25.5k unbuffed mana (I also converted all my gems to throughput) but in raid I'm sitting right at 860MP5 in combat, and haven't had any mana problems on any current content.

For your current trinkets, as others have said, Tears and Spark - though on fights where you're not concerned for mana Spark does nothing for you any throughput trinket would be better. You might consider even the 111 SP trinket from Wintergrasp (very easy to get, nice throughput) or the Egg from badges.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Pretty much... imo, Solace is flat out BIS for disc.
    I don't agree purely because IDS provides more throughput and in BiS gear Disc doesn't have mana issues without intentionally trying to OOM. So the 128 mp/5 is purely 'extra' stats, leaving the 32 SP deficiency as the defining factor. At best I'd say Solace is the best second trinket to have, or at least on par with Eye of the Broodmother. Depends how you value Crit. I typically value crit as being worth half as much as SP, which means the two trinkets are roughly even, with Eye being very slightly better (under these criteria they would be 'even' at 86 crit rating). If you value crit more then Eye is clearly better, if you value SP more then Solace is better.

That said... never pass on Solace. :P It's easily BiS for Holy (along with Spark).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Pretty much... imo, Solace is flat out BIS for disc. There was a time where I ran the badge int trink and pandora's plea, was sitting ~ 31.5k unbuffed mana, and basically couldn't force myself to go OOM. I've had the great fortune to acquire both regular and heroic mode Solace, and have found them to be - while less valuable from pure longevity than the int trinkets - a far better option as your casts go a lot further when you're pushing another 318 SP. Now I'm only driving about 25.5k unbuffed mana (I also converted all my gems to throughput) but in raid I'm sitting right at 860MP5 in combat, and haven't had any mana problems on any current content.
    That's interesting. My gear is still old-content (offspec) and I don't get to see solace trinkets, but I'd like to convert to throughput if I could. What kind of penance / FH crit numbers are you seeing ?

Keep in mind that as disc priests we have a throughput deficit that no other healing specs have, since we have no talent that converts a primary stat directly into spell power. I would agree with a poster above who suggested the Darkmoon Card: Illusion and Egg of Mortal Essence. If you're having regen problems using spell power trinkets, it is probably a play-style issue, unless your gear level is very, very low to begin with.

EDIT: Obviously use the 245 and 258 Solace of the Defeated if you're in a guild that has access to them. But given your limitations, I'd suggest the above.