Any improvements? - Resto shaman

I've been healing for a while now and I've been told that my spec, gear, gemming and playstyle is awesome.

What do you think? Do you have any suggestions for improvement?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...enor&n=Desirie

My playstyle is expecting spike damage and slapping it right in the mobs/bosses face right away.

Feel free to complain on eveything, my gear in general, the gems, the enchants etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

Deleted

Re: Any improvements? - Resto shaman

If you have been told that your "awesome" why do you want to change anything?

If you want to take the next step up gear wise, then i suggest you read the FAQ and start stacking haste and lots of it.

Start getting haste gear/gem for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by stevos
    If you have been told that your "awesome" why do you want to change anything?

If you want to take the next step up gear wise, then i suggest you read the FAQ and start stacking haste and lots of it.

It's because I feel like I could be doing a hell of a lot better. :P

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Start getting haste gear/gem for haste.
    What should my haste be at? Write the answer in the amount of haste. (Example "335") and in percentage please.
    Girls who play Warriors?! What the hell? My world was just turned upside down. Did they remove the Paladin from the game?

- Healing Grace: PvP talent, get rid of it, get those points into Thundering Strikes and/or Tidal Mastery
    - Glyphs: You are saying you deal with spikedamage, yet youre using glyph of earthliving. Get glyph of Lesser Heal if you are healing MT in any raids.
    - Enchants and gems: You are gemming int and mp5, telling you lack the mana. Yet you have crit enchant on head instead of mp5. You're also lacking enchants from chest/boots/hands (pretty cheap slots, even). mp5 for chest/boots does wonders. Glyph of Water Mastery might be one for you.
    - Too low haste for the playstyle you described. Gear and gem for haste, it should increaste your performance a lot. Mana problems? see point above.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    - Healing Grace: PvP talent, get rid of it, get those points into Thundering Strikes and/or Tidal Mastery
    - Glyphs: You are saying you deal with spikedamage, yet youre using glyph of earthliving. Get glyph of Lesser Heal if you are healing MT in any raids.
    - Enchants and gems: You are gemming int and mp5, telling you lack the mana. Yet you have crit enchant on head instead of mp5. You're also lacking enchants from chest/boots/hands (pretty cheap slots, even). mp5 for chest/boots does wonders. Glyph of Water Mastery might be one for you.
    - Too low haste for the playstyle you described. Gear and gem for haste, it should increaste your performance a lot. Mana problems? see point above.

I disagree with the "Healing Grace" being a PvP-talent since it decreases my threat when healing by 15% (And if I'm not mistaken, there is very little threat at all in PvP. But.. I guess that when I am in the endgame raiding I shouldn't worry about threat since the tank should be able to maintain it.

But otherwise (sort of included what I just mentioned) you posted a great reply and for that, I am thankful.

15% threat reduced is pointless with current threat mechanics. Last time I used that talent was in Mount Hyjal @ TBC where it was 30%, actually useful with trash spawning around the raid and threat being bit harder to get. Now it's there just for dispel protection.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

/agree, the only time threat is relevant is on a dodgy pull like cat lady, where an add gets completely loose. Then the shaman dies regardless of threat talents, shaman threat protection is an ankh

Deleted

If you want a figure to aim for haste wise then around 900. I have around 700 at the min on my offspec resto set (main enh)

Shaman heals have way too long cast times and so a shed load of haste is required for us to be on par or closer to equally geared priests and druids.

Deleted

Couple of things, probaly already mentioned. Your spec needs a little work. Either check the ones in the FAQ or you can copy my armory in my sig. Basically lose healing grace, elemental weapons and enhancing totems and take thundering strikes and tidal mastery. You could have 9% more crit that you are sacrifcing for some very lack-luster talents. Also Earthliving glyph is bad, take chain heal glyph instead. If you ever heal the tank you should lose riptide glyph and take lesser healing wave glyph.
    Another thing is haste, more haste! With your current gear and spell power you could easily sacrifice all your gems for haste gems and still find you wont be going oom.
    As said before, a good number to aim for is around 900haste. Take upgrades if it doesn't have haste on it as you want balanced stats, but focus on gemming it and stacking it where you can.

Please read the FAQ for any tips as it should have answered some of the questions for you.

Edit:
    After checking your armory agian I found a few other things that you should change. This agian is mentioned in the FAQ, but ill say agian here. Buy the totem of calming tides for valor badges. It is a brilliant totem that every restoration shaman should use. I see you have some pvp gear, do you pvp? If so generally stam/spell power gems are better there. But If you are using them for pve, lose the int gems and put in haste. You are also missing alot of chants and have some weaker chants on certain items (boots, gloves, chest, cloak, shoulders). The FAQ shows what are best to use.
    Last thing is, level your leatherworking! This gives you some very nice and cheap enchants for your gear.

Get the crafted ilvl 245 bracers.
    Get some new boots and/or enchant them.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc
    Couple of things, probaly already mentioned. Your spec needs a little work. Either check the ones in the FAQ or you can copy my armory in my sig. Basically lose healing grace, elemental weapons and enhancing totems and take thundering strikes and tidal mastery. You could have 9% more crit that you are sacrifcing for some very lack-luster talents. Also Earthliving glyph is bad, take chain heal glyph instead. If you ever heal the tank you should lose riptide glyph and take lesser healing wave glyph.
    Another thing is haste, more haste! With your current gear and spell power you could easily sacrifice all your gems for haste gems and still find you wont be going oom.
    As said before, a good number to aim for is around 900haste. Take upgrades if it doesn't have haste on it as you want balanced stats, but focus on gemming it and stacking it where you can.

Please read the FAQ for any tips as it should have answered some of the questions for you.

Edit:
    After checking your armory agian I found a few other things that you should change. This agian is mentioned in the FAQ, but ill say agian here. Buy the totem of calming tides for valor badges. It is a brilliant totem that every restoration shaman should use. I see you have some pvp gear, do you pvp? If so generally stam/spell power gems are better there. But If you are using them for pve, lose the int gems and put in haste. You are also missing alot of chants and have some weaker chants on certain items (boots, gloves, chest, cloak, shoulders). The FAQ shows what are best to use.
    Last thing is, level your leatherworking! This gives you some very nice and cheap enchants for your gear.
    Thank you, this is exactly what I'm looking for! I'll lose some (or all?) SP gems and replace them with haste.. About the PvP items, it's just that I don't have any better, but I do have some new boots but they're not equipped because of the lack of a new gem.
    I'll be checking out the enchants for my gear but I'll use some time obtaining them since I have no way of making money. >.<

Deleted

Personally i wouldn't gem completely for straight haste. I would try to gain some of the better socket bonuses by using

red = sp/haste gem
    yellow = haste gem
    blue = haste/mp5 gem

So effectively you are still putting haste in every socket but slightly less for the better sockets.

Personally i wouldn't gem completely for straight haste. I would try to gain some of the better socket bonuses by using

red = sp/haste gem
    yellow = haste gem
    blue = haste/mp5 gem

So effectively you are still putting haste in every socket but slightly less for the better sockets.
    I agree with using red sp/haste gems for decent red sockets (spellpower is not something you should base your gemming strategy around, however a few extra points never hurt anyone), however gemming for mp5 is a real waste. One green gem to activate your meta, and ignore all the rest of the blue sockets in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmacy
    I agree with using red sp/haste gems for decent red sockets (spellpower is not something you should base your gemming strategy around, however a few extra points never hurt anyone), however gemming for mp5 is a real waste. One green gem to activate your meta, and ignore all the rest of the blue sockets in my opinion.
    What you go for will differ slightly depending on wether you run 10-mans or 25. Also wether or not you have WoA totem up and either of teh Moonkin / ret palla aura.

If you dont have access to WoA (say in a melee heavy 10-man so you have to drop WF) and you dont have access to Moonkin / ret pala then I would say 1300 ish haste is a decent target

25mans with both buffs, you need (iirc) ~ 1050 to hit the GCD on LHW spam.

The best way to work out "where to go" is to run the shaman HEP programme http://elitistjerks.com/f79/t55869-r...n_hep_reports/ on your raid runs.

I am at about 1100 haste, but I normally run 10-mans with not boomkin/pala buff, and for me haste is still 1.6 - 1.7 times better for my throughput than sp.

Also what do you normally do, tank heal or raid heal.. are you a CH spammer or a RT / LHW kinda guy...

"Where do I go next" without a "what I want to do" are very hard to answer directly.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Desirie
    Thank you, this is exactly what I'm looking for! I'll lose some (or all?) SP gems and replace them with haste.. About the PvP items, it's just that I don't have any better, but I do have some new boots but they're not equipped because of the lack of a new gem.
    I'll be checking out the enchants for my gear but I'll use some time obtaining them since I have no way of making money. >.<
    Replace as many as you feel like you need to.

red = sp/haste gem
    yellow = haste gem
    blue = haste/mp5 gem

If you play with very good druids and preists if you don't gem for haste its pretty impossable to stay anywhere near their healing.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm not sold on the glyph of riptide or earthliving for that matter.

If you chain heal a lot its worth it to get the glyph.
    If you end up tank healing, I'd suggest you invest in glyph of lesser healing wave
    If that doesn't appeal to you and you find that you're having mana issues, invest in a glyph of water mastery, its a good static boost to your mp5.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Get rid of the pvp items, they're worthless, gem haste/sp mp5 comes with gear/replenishment

Glyphs i use : earth shield, LHW, and chain heal, theres no argue about this
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

http://www.shieldsup.ch/2009/11/17/m...haman-healing/

I tried to write down some points, which could help rest shamans improve. I'm not going go comment on any basic stuff like glyphs/gems. The EJ - TTT Entry covers that.
    Shields Up! - Another Resto Shaman Blog