Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Protection Warrior gems and enchants

Hii i finally got my warrior to level 80 last night, but i'm not sure what gems or enchants to use.. if anyone could help i'd really appreciate it

Thanks!

Re: Protection Warrior gems and enchants

Research young son research ???
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

Gem for Defence rating until 540, then go for Stamina.

Enchants?

Just think with your noggin' and you'll know what to chant for.

first read the warr basic sticky in this forum

afterwards

www.tankspot.com & www.elitistjerks.com for geming / enchanting info

a little advise for geming is if the socket is +stamina allways go for the socket bonus. if the socket bonus isn't stamina then use stam gem (Solid something ??? )

but

as mentioned befor 540 defence is your alfa omega
    World of What?
    Never heard of...

For heroics, you need 535 def

As i tank, i like to go for socket bonuses
    blue=stam
    yellow = stam + def
    red = dodge + stam

While youre not that well equipped
    yellow = def
    blue = stam + def

may help to get your 535 def (540 for raids)

Info:
    There are people out there who would take 10 stamina over 200 dodge (this is intentionally exaggerated),
    that is why the other one will be MT when you got 20 lifepoints less but 20% parry more than him. Do yourself a favour and get the stamina strinkets from azjol + ToC nh. Peoples braindamage will be your hardest enemy while starting as a tank.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

invest in a good dps set so you can actually join raids... then worry about gems and enchants :X
    It's just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray

blue=stam
    yellow = stam + def
    red = dodge + stam

While youre not that well equipped
    yellow = def
    blue = stam + def

may help to get your 535 def (540 for raids)

Info:
    There are people out there who would take 10 stamina over 200 dodge (this is intentionally exaggerated),
    that is why the other one will be MT when you got 20 lifepoints less but 20% parry more than him. Do yourself a favour and get the stamina strinkets from azjol + ToC nh. Peoples braindamage will be your hardest enemy while starting as a tank.
    I ran heroics with 500 def to begin with, with some Kara peices in my gear. You don't NEED shit to run heroics.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by XtreO
    I ran heroics with 500 def to begin with, with some Kara peices in my gear. You don't NEED shit to run heroics.
    Kara pieces were replaced by BoE craftables, so.. way to slack?

Either way, as he said it's POSSIBLE to run it with barely any gear at all, however most pugs simply won't accept boosting you to get your gear, so make sure you atleast get 520+ defense before you head into a heroic, with maybe 20-22k HP.

Go to www.tankspot.com forums, they have guides for what you need.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

intellect and spell pen ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Astray

[i]blue=stam
    yellow = stam + def
    red = dodge + stam
    as far as im aware Agi + stam is better for red sockets as with kings its roughly the same amount of dodge + armor + crit. Also expertise + stam is good if you're under the soft cap.

Quote Originally Posted by coolaide2
    as far as im aware Agi + stam is better for red sockets as with kings its roughly the same amount of dodge + armor + crit. Also expertise + stam is good if you're under the soft cap.
    Depends on your level of dodge. If you got low or medium (~26% dodge), you are better off with dodge rating, if you got (very) high dodge agi outperforms it raidbuffed.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

yeah still i'd say the extra armor (mitigation) and crit (threat) make agi as a whole a better choice then pure dodge.

Like everyone else said, start off with def rating, till 540. If you need gems and enchants to get you there then do so, but as you gear up you won't need gems/enchants to get you to 540. After, you can go for stam. stam/dodge and all that stuff is good too. Once I am at a certain HP, per say 36000+ I like to go for Hit/Stam, Exp/Stam so I can hold and aggro and such. Certain bosses can't be taunted, espcailly with you hit ToGC :P

Depends on your level of dodge. If you got low or medium (~26% dodge), you are better off with dodge rating, if you got (very) high dodge agi outperforms it raidbuffed.
    Well seeing as you already stated you tanked below the minimum def rating and wore kara gear to NE heroics, I'm guessing your credibility or brain cells are shot.
    AGI/Stam is always better than dodge, seeing as the OP is a new 80 the added armor will help as they won't avoid as much and need the extra armor.
    .2 less dodge isn't make or break at any lvl, and being a newer 80 DR isn't to bad.

@the OP hit up tank spot and read a basic tanking guide or 2 you'll learn lots over there.

Quote Originally Posted by classicnguyen
    Like everyone else said, start off with def rating, till 540. If you need gems and enchants to get you there then do so, but as you gear up you won't need gems/enchants to get you to 540. After, you can go for stam. stam/dodge and all that stuff is good too. Once I am at a certain HP, per say 36000+ I like to go for Hit/Stam, Exp/Stam so I can hold and aggro and such. Certain bosses can't be taunted, espcailly with you hit ToGC :P
    OH my why would you ever gem exp in togc? The gear comes with a ton of it and threat at that gear lvl should never be issue. If you ever get to the point of having 36K hps that the time you want to stack stam cause, Gormk's impale is very easy to avoid right? Stam is King, blizz forced us into that with the unavoidable damage and if you have aggro issues you need to let the DPS that ripped it from you tank that boss/add. I agree with the hit, cause Blizz decieded to remove it from tanking gear in t9 for some odd reason. Hodir hard and very few other bosses need a threat set, tauntable or not.

seriously, if you need to ask what gems to use as tank (of any class), this is not the spec for you :P
    reroll rogue, ss spam and win

Quote Originally Posted by Rígr
    seriously, if you need to ask what gems to use as tank (of any class), this is not the spec for you :P
    reroll rogue, ss spam and win
    Cause wanting to learn is a sin in the game of nerd rage!
    We all rolled out of the starting area and hit 70/80 as tanks and knew what to do right?
    with that logic I can't believe tank spot, EJ and maintankadin are so popular....my god we all know what to do already.

If your lacking defense then gem and enchant to get 540. If your already def capped but low on hit/expertise use 10expertise/15stamina in red and 10hit/15stamina till you reach a decent ammount and stmaina in blue. If your good on expertise,hit,def then just put stamina in all your sockets unless you have a piece that gives you like 8stamina socket bonus and it requires a red gem.

Oh and ofc get the 32stamina 2% armor value meta gem and the gem it requires to become active.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

no, but that what people thinks!
    I've no idea what to write here.