Resto Druid/ Rogue 2v2

Hey folks,

My friend and I are about to jump into arena when I hit 80 and run resto druid/rogue for 2s.
    He is geared and has experience on his druid. I am used to running my ret paladin with him, but got sick of it so re-rolled rogue. Anyway, I have almost no clue what to expect. On my ret if I saw a rogue it was 2 shot dead, so I didn't get much chance to see them operate.

Does anyone have any tips for this 2s comp? I have heard that in comps involving a rogue you win or lose almost always based on how good the rogue is. I have been reading as much as possible about rogue on these forums and on AJ and EJ.

In general I'm just looking for tips for rogue or for this 2s comp. And I am aware that 2s is lol.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    80 - Mutilate/Mutilate Rogue
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Moonkin/BOOMKIN Druid
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Re: Resto Druid/ Rogue 2v2

No not really.

It depends on both player's standards, however in your case, it is more of the rogue's work.

Comps like mage/rogue or lock/rogue relies much more heavily on the caster's potency.

Disc/priest rogue should have a more even spread of responsibility.

Anyways, on topic, simple tips:
    -clip cheapshot on last second for a kidney if you are planning to kidney
    -always try to pop evasion right after kidney against melees
    -good communication and timing is a must
    -dismantle is your friend, but try to only use it either if you're on your target's back or he is stunned/gouged
    -during evasion duels, spam shiv
    -dont be afraid to trinket sap against another rogue IF he is in your sight, vanish and open on him asap. A rogue's greatest counter is a rogue
    -FEINT FEINT FEINT real rogues DO use feint

I can't think of anymore atm, yo K4ge, rogue advice needed here brah, your category

*pop evasion after cheap shot.

Mobile can't edit =S

Thanks for the tips skull, if you wouldn't mind clarifying one point though. Evasion right after a cheap shot? I'm sure that I am missing something obvious but woudln't I just follow up with a kidney and blow it after that for when they turn on me?
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

shameless self bump
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Any time you see a team with a single stealth and 1 person in the open. Normally I go straight to that target and just open extreamly hard. I dont wait running around without sprint trying to find the other rogue if you just open up on the healer or other dps it makes their rogue play way less offensive. And another thing Im sure you're druid partner knows you should be keeping melee classes in place with cyclone/root rotations especially warriors. Try and put together long chains of CC that keeps the damage off of you like for example. Cheapshot-kidney-disarm-evasion after the disarm. Dont be afraid to use vanish, one of the easiest ways to get a jump on other rogues is seeing them run by you, hit fan of knives to pull them out, vanish then reopen. And always watch for rogues trinketing kidney shot they usually will then you can follow with a blind/restealth sap. Other than that just play offensive from the get go, dont turn you're back to warriors let alone any class. Try to get saps off on visible 2s teams. Basically you want to be in control of the match from the get go, get a sap off put heavy dps into the target and have you're druid cyclone off the sap. And ALWAYS cyclone targets under 20% health so you can get a good finisher off clean without heals. Those are my 2 cents.

Thank you for the fantastic reply.
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Yeah, i facerolled this comp up to 1800 and sat on it for rating until recently; now I'm boosting a friend's war in 2s but its a good comp.

Pretty much what Seperate said except vs rogue/X teams we always just both sit in stealth and then I (the druid) go get the eyes and FF/MF their rogue out of stealth while our rogue LOS's whoever got the eyes for them and then my rogue opens on theirs. This forces their rogue to either cloak right away and vanish or get opened on. Either way it tips the scales in our favors and we generally don't lose to rogue/X unless they manage to catch me out in the open as a 2x dps team. Once a rogue blows cloak and both vanishes he is pretty much a free kill. All you have to do is spam heals through the kidney shots on your rogue and keep up CC and ur good.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Thanks Rathok, thats dirty heh.

Anyther point that I would love some clarification on. Im looking at specs and am seeing the standard mute and an envenom spec at the two most likely options. As a rogue just starting out would the envenom spec be a bit too much for me to handel right away? I find myself hardely ever using envenom in BGs as the fights are usually over before I can 5 stack deadly w/ combo pts. I know that I'm doing it wrong, but that ability seems very awkward to get off.
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Hi11topper
    Thanks Rathok, thats dirty heh.

Anyther point that I would love some clarification on. Im looking at specs and am seeing the standard mute and an envenom spec at the two most likely options. As a rogue just starting out would the envenom spec be a bit too much for me to handel right away? I find myself hardely ever using envenom in BGs as the fights are usually over before I can 5 stack deadly w/ combo pts. I know that I'm doing it wrong, but that ability seems very awkward to get off.
    The envenom spec you should go straight into. I learned how to play it in a few duels/battlegrounds before stepping back into 2s and 3s. Envenom spec puts out an extreamly large amount of damage and pressure on plate wearing comps. Playing Priest/Rogue we used to lose alot to druid/warr druid/dk but now I can kill a warrior in one CC rotation on his healer. Just make sure you have eviscerate ready and available to use because warlocks have the nether protection which lowers a school of damage taken by them and it stacks. Also use evis if you have 0 stacks up on a clothie with 5cp for quick damage. Right now sitting at 4106 AP in full pvp gear I can envenom crit a warrior/dk for almost 7k if not more. You can drop a warrior in 2 cyclones and a quick blind I almost can guarantee it if you are the envenom spec. The only thing you have to watch out for is you're blind target, be sure you're targets are clean before tossing one out. Another thing vs prot/holy paladins this makes they so squishy they are worth just sticking on and forcing early bubble, it may be hard to believe but it doesnt take long to get that first bubble out of the way. Hope this helps somewhat Im sure I am missing a few things in here but just ask and I will answer the best I can.

BTW- Deadly Poison goes on the MH so it can proc off of you're finishers, wound on OH.

Playing rank 4 in the world rogue/resto atm Cyclone - EU we have 2550 MMR or so.

Fun setup to play ,by no means faceroll you can check my spec/gear here :http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cale&n=Screwzx

Deadly poison goes on OH so you can shiv if its about to drop.

It took us a good while to get to grips with stratergies for each comp hence the bad win loss ratio.

Its possible to beat most comps that dont have a feral druid , and SP/rogue proves a problem also.

Apart from that with good coordination you can get a decent rating and beat most teams, I have found HFB to be shit because of lack of control Muti + Prep master poisoner is the way to go and your druid needs to know when to play offensive give him ToT etc..

If you need more info on this comp PM me and I will help you with any questions you have ... PS I AM NOT COMBAT FOR PVP.

// Screwzx

Quote Originally Posted by screwzx
    Playing rank 4 in the world rogue/resto atm Cyclone - EU we have 2550 MMR or so.

Fun setup to play ,by no means faceroll you can check my spec/gear here :http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cale&n=Screwzx

Deadly poison goes on OH so you can shiv if its about to drop.

It took us a good while to get to grips with stratergies for each comp hence the bad win loss ratio.

Its possible to beat most comps that dont have a feral druid , and SP/rogue proves a problem also.

Apart from that with good coordination you can get a decent rating and beat most teams, I have found HFB to be shit because of lack of control Muti + Prep master poisoner is the way to go and your druid needs to know when to play offensive give him ToT etc..

If you need more info on this comp PM me and I will help you with any questions you have ... PS I AM NOT COMBAT FOR PVP.

// Screwzx
    sorry... faceroll as in we got to 1800 with me (druid) being in deadly and blues after playing the comp for 2-3 weeks.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Thanks for the help!
    80 - Prot/Holy Paladin
    80 - Resto/Resto Shaman
    80 - Disc/Shadow Priest

I'd go hfb, tbh it seems so much better with this spec.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

its terrible

Use my spec

Dunno, haven't run druid/rogue since end of s6, but back then HfB was WAY better than standard spec. maybe with the change to master poisoner it isn't like that anymore.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!