Poll: How Good Do you think Icecrown will be?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: How Good Do you think Icecrown will be?

One missing option. "Awesome", but without the "not as good as Ulduar".

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    QFT

btw... anyone know if ToC is still going to be available once 3.3 is released? i've heard rumors it wont be... in which case that leaves us with ony/uld hardmodes maybe?
    The flavor things outside of ToC are whats going away. No more Northrend Beasts chilling outside or faction leaders walking around.

it had the potential to be the best raid ever made.

but the limited attempts are pointing in the wrong direction - they can never design those 4 bosses as hard as the best bosses in wow-history (cthun, 4hm, muru, mimiron unnerfed, yogg0watcher etc.). it would even take the top5 guilds of the world way too long to clear it. but i want them all to be harder than even m'uru.

the limited attempts system doesnt stop top guilds from raiding 24/7, but now you have to raid with twinks, sitting around for brezzes/ss/every other cooldown. everything it changes is the fun progressing extremly hard bosses into boredom while waiting for cd's. its simply fail.

I believe that Blizzard have overdone themselves on Icecrown Citadel..

Alone Shadowmourne is by far the most well designed legendary we've seen so far. like many says .. ICC will include the most lore heavy characters by far..

I think it'll be a real treat for everyone who experiences ICC.

10+ Year Old Account

Hopefully they learn from what they did with ToC. Icecrown Can because the best WoW raid up to date. Making it more Harder and random then a Tankspot video can fully understand would be awesome. Makes people think of there own Strats for a fight using maybe Tankspot as a reference. The Lockout period is fail but i guess they are either trying to drag out this raid until Cata, or they are doing a Top Guild Experiment seeing how fast these guild do the first 4 bosses. IMO i think they should have released it all at one time but like made you collect enough stuff to open a door to the final bosses or something.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

I'll never see the raid this side of cata, but it sounds the greatest raid ever.
    Like, finally killing the bastard whos effects we have been seeing for 4 years thorughout azeroth.

There are multiple ways to look at ICC.

One of them is the Hardcore perspective, which dictates that not having hard modes or not being able to get a world first kill of Arthas in the first week on normal modes is a terrible thing. If I were a hardcore raider, I'd be pretty upset too; honestly, I don't give a shit about world's first, world's second, or world's thirds. Congratulations, you killed the boss...I'm happy for you, really, I am; I just concern myself more, however, with how MY raid is doing, y'know?

The casuals, if they're like me, see this as a godsend. This gives us time to make sure we have those first four boss encounters down and learned before we head into another wing. Once the next part of the raid comes out, we can then focus on those encounters there unimpeded. It's actually a big boon to casuals and a big hit to Hardcore players. Honestly though? You guys shouldn't be too concerned...You're going to beat the casual players to the Lich King anyways. No way in HELL are you going to see a guild you've never heard of getting the world's first LK kill.

From an RPer's perspective; another perspective that I'm a part of, this is it. You know what I mean? Like Rantus said, we are finally getting a shot at someone who has been causing problems all over Azeroth for the past 5+ years. We went to Northrend only to lose some of our greatest heroes. We've dealt with betrayal, loss, and even the twisted machinations of another Old God. As Metzen once put it, we have LOST something up there in the snow and we aren't ever going to get it back. For some, like my character, this is destiny rearing its ugly head; he had been in Stratholme the night Arthas razed it. After this, it's all freelance work in the name of the Light. Paladins in general have a particular beef with Arthas. After all, he disbanded our order, killed the first paladin, Uther, and would cause general backlash against the paladins who were branded as traitors because of their immunity to the plague. We owe him a one-way ticket directly to Hell.

What this means is that different people are going to see ICC differently. From my perspective, the perspective of a Casual Player and Role-Player, this is the creme de l'creme (Spelling?) of my WotLK experience.

its creme de la creme as far as i know

And I hope Icecrown will be geed. not only from fights point of view, but the epic feel to it

I think ICC will be the only instance in Wotlk that really and truly is going to have that "epic raid" atmosphere around it, rather than "let's have another night of grabbing ez epixx".

Much of the atmosphere will probably come from the quests and the happenings around the instance, so I think it will be awesome in every way.

The lockout thing will probably not bother me that much though.

Personally don't like you choices so I voted you as a troll.

But I've done everything you could on US PTR and it's been a fun raid so far.

Never been a big fan of trash and there is a decent amount there, plus it has a ton of health so takes a little bit of time. That's probably the least fun about it.

The look of it is nice. Expansive castle fit for the Lich King.

Bosses so far have been entertaining, enough mechanics used in interesting ways to make it fun.

Probably/hopefully best in expansion, but not likely best ever. Hard to beat old stuff done when it was easy to be original.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

i wish arthas heroic would not have a gate.

would love that fight, been waiting all year for it.

GATING IS BAD MKAY?

i mean seriously, blizzard has just made hardmodes a really annoying cockblock for anyon serious with it. oh and i also believe that deathbringer saurfang will have 5 tries.

oh yeah, btw the lich king can only be reached in hardmode and only if ( retarded!!) all 4 wing bosses are KILLED in hardmode too! ( wooot, expect something like anub 10man hc x4, something that can get fucked up by almost anything, is boring, and you have around 3 tries for it to die, or else no lich king for you this week ...

oh, and that also means that if you kill normal you cant do hardmode, so its one of the either, tahts the only thing DIDNT like about ulduar...

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    oh, and that also means that if you kill normal you cant do hardmode, so its one of the either, tahts the only thing DIDNT like about ulduar...
    You don't want to clear two full ICC's a week, I promise. I like the ulduar HM model a lot more than ToC. It only worked for ToC because it had 5 bosses.

boy that 5-man sounds fun. good thing i'll never see the raid with this excessive gating and limited chances thing. :
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by elcher
    i mean seriously, blizzard has just made hardmodes a really annoying cockblock for anyon serious with it.
    I mean seriously, if someone is serious with hardmodes those "gates" won't be a block. If you can't beat "gates" down you probably can't beat Arthas either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    QFT

btw... anyone know if ToC is still going to be available once 3.3 is released? i've heard rumors it wont be... in which case that leaves us with ony/uld hardmodes maybe?
    Unsubstantiated rumor is unsubstantiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    You don't want to clear two full ICC's a week, I promise. I like the ulduar HM model a lot more than ToC. It only worked for ToC because it had 5 bosses.
    It didn't work for toc is the problem. Part of the reason people hate it so much is you're basically doing the same 5 bosses 1/2/3/4 times a week. It's too monotonous.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know if this is going to happen but probably Icecrown is gonna be tough as shit, even in normal. Whats going to happen is that its gonna get nerfed, etc, etc. people qq that game is gettnig too easy but they are just dumb idiots who probably couldnt beat FF 12(storyline).

Overall, I'm in a casual guild where I'll always have fun in what I do. All I'm hoping is for a positive effect from this, something that people dont qq about and start saying that this is a dungeon that people are going to remember (Like Black Temple, NAW SUNWELL TOO HARRD!!!). The Music sounds awesome but nothing compared to deatholme music!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario
    I don't know if this is going to happen but probably Icecrown is gonna be tough as shit, even in normal. Whats going to happen is that its gonna get nerfed, etc, etc. people qq that game is gettnig too easy but they are just dumb idiots who probably couldnt beat FF 12(storyline).

Overall, I'm in a casual guild where I'll always have fun in what I do. All I'm hoping is for a positive effect from this, something that people dont qq about and start saying that this is a dungeon that people are going to remember (Like Black Temple, NAW SUNWELL TOO HARRD!!!). The Music sounds awesome but nothing compared to deatholme music!!
    Overall, from my PTR experience, Icecrown normal modes are not extremely hard, but are a great step from TotC. There are simple bosses, like Marrowgar who is absolutely free loot, but there are also bosses like the Blood Princes who may take some time for many guilds to learn (fun fight on heroic too). I would compare the hardest normal modes I tried to overgeared post-3.2 nerf Ulduar hard modes - did not have the chance to give the wing end bosses a try though. Expecting those to be the hardest ones overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerex
    Because it's a pathetic attempt to make the instance last as long as possible? I'm already freaking tired of toc25 hm , and now you'll need it to farm even more since there won't be anything to do after you clear ICC wing (or fail at that) >_>
    theres always someone who has to complain. no matter what it is they'll find something they dont like and QQ about it.
    Classic WoW.