Why Shadowmourne belongs to rets- Rejoyce!

So far some theory crafting has shown that with BiS ICC gear shadowmourne gives the most theoretical dps to a ret paladin.

And instead of speaking drivel and not backing it up ill explain why.

1. Passive armor pen cap for DK's and warriors without the weapon. with BiS gear and trinkets.

2. Damage modifiers for The proc. Ret paladins have 18% damage modifier at all times.

3. Scalability. Yes we only get 15% strength vs 20% warriors but... we also get 30% SP from attack power. Pushing everyone point of strength well beyond the benefit a warrior gets.

4. Charge building. A Ret paladin will attack more times per minute with physical attack using Shadowmourne then any other class therefore building charges faster. This is of course using 2p T10.

5. Dk's and warriors do excel at "Cleave fights" However, single target dps A ret paladin still wins. I have personally pulled 11k on Twins with trivial cleave damage. While the warrior did 12k almost 35% of it as cleave. This can not be looked over because there are many single target fights in ICC.

6. Weapon speed scaling- 3.7. Its true that all classes benefit greatly from this but here again is where ret double dips. Seals are not normalized like instant attacks therefore benefit 100% from weapon speed. That means are seal damage scales much higher than any other class with a slower weapon. Also with the way ret benefits from haste we will see the attack speed go down to 2.3-2.5 based on gear.

I am a ret paladin. I am the GM of the guild. I also push top dps against single targets. The only people that compete with me are arcane mages and yes you hear it here first. A ret paladin will be getting shadowmourne.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Why Shadowmourne belongs to rets- Rejoyce!

it deserved to the player from any class with the most dedication in a guild and not these kind of people because you say they can bring out the most dps out of it..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    it deserved to the player from any class with the most dedication in a guild and not these kind of people because you say they can bring out the most dps out of it..
    I have to agree with this. Yes, i think it will likely be a larger benifit to a ret than the #2 in slot than a dk and war, but it won't be so much that it is a "We have to give that to the ret!" He'll, I'm in a guild now that I run with (just counting dps) one DK, 2 war, and 2 ret. All of us hit hard, and I'm generally #3 out of them, but I fully expect to be last on the list for getting one (so likely never getting it). I'm over that. The other Ret is an officer and been around a while, and two of the other 4 have been around for a long while. They have put in the time and been there. That is more what a legendary is. Time.

As the guild GM I'd rather expect you to take it, as I'm sure your raiders do unless you skip out on raids and let your officers do the work.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

lol. im a mage. i never see a pally anywhere close when he can't get his cleave damage in. only hunters rogues and a warrior. but when cleaves come into play paladins show up and warriors sky rocket.

not gonna touch the "shadowmourne goes to me" part of this. not worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer2005
    Turning Off Experience has ruined BGs!

While it is true that a ret benefits most from it, it is still BiS for DK and warrior.
    The guy that deserves it the most should get it, regardless of class!

Quote Originally Posted by angelesis
    So far some theory crafting has shown that with BiS ICC gear shadowmourne gives the most theoretical dps to a ret paladin.

5. Dk's and warriors do excel at "Cleave fights" However, single target dps A ret paladin still wins. I have personally pulled 11k on Twins with trivial cleave damage. While the warrior did 12k almost 35% of it as cleave. This can not be looked over because there are many single target fights in ICC.
    lolno

fail troll is fail
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

1. Passive armor pen cap for DK's and warriors without the weapon. with BiS gear and trinkets.

2. Damage modifiers for The proc. Ret paladins have 18% damage modifier at all times.

3. Scalability. Yes we only get 15% strength vs 20% warriors but... we also get 30% SP from attack power. Pushing everyone point of strength well beyond the benefit a warrior gets.

4. Charge building. A Ret paladin will attack more times per minute with physical attack using Shadowmourne then any other class therefore building charges faster. This is of course using 2p T10.

6. Weapon speed scaling- 3.7. Its true that all classes benefit greatly from this but here again is where ret double dips. Seals are not normalized like instant attacks therefore benefit 100% from weapon speed. That means are seal damage scales much higher than any other class with a slower weapon. Also with the way ret benefits from haste we will see the attack speed go down to 2.3-2.5 based on gear.

I am a ret paladin. I am the GM of the guild. I also push top dps against single targets. The only people that compete with me are arcane mages and yes you hear it here first. A ret paladin will be getting shadowmourne.
    LOL

Actually you'll speak drivel and not back it up. Please link the theory crafting, until then this is a beautiful example of the fallacy of False Attribution

Even though it benefits the paladin class most that might not work for the guild.
    A warrior or DK with 100% attendance should get it over a paladin with 75% attendance.

But to be honest, I've yet to see a paladin perform way better than a warrior or DK single target.
    I did 6,7k (As a DK) versus a 7k dps warrior, who has better gear than me obviously. and a 6.1k ret pally DPSer geared with just about the same iLevel gear etc etc.
    All of us three just DPSing jaraxxus and not switching targets or anything.

15+ Year Old Account

Ret DPS is lower than DK DPS from what I've seen so I'd say that it should go to a DK who would probably get taken for more hard modes anyway.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by cfeuer1
    lol. im a mage. i never see a pally anywhere close when he can't get his cleave damage in. only hunters rogues and a warrior. but when cleaves come into play paladins show up and warriors sky rocket.

not gonna touch the "shadowmourne goes to me" part of this. not worth it.
    your ret isnt very good than. A ret that knows how to play can sit top 5 on any fight in TOC (unless you run 5+ mages. TOC is the greatest mage instance ever). A ret worth his raid slot in TOGC should do at least 6k on beasts (but should do more if they can be good with their stacks), 7.k on Lord J, FC they should be using hands and cleanse while still at least auto attacking and mixing in judge and CS, 12k on twins (without ever getting charged up), and 9.3k on anub. Though, the first 4 bosses should be higher if you are actually on anub.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I'll leave this open for the time being, but i'm predicting there'll be trolls hot on my heels to this thread, so i'm ready to lock it at a moments notice (simply because anytime someone discusses "The new legendary", it doesn't usually end well).
    But I will lock it Reason:

There's a thread with 10 pages on the exact same thing in the "Raids / Dungeons" forum already.
    -> Shadowmourne = Ret weapon, 1st and foremost.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara