Problem with mail?

Tonight I was criticized for having 3 pieces of mail (all 3 ilevel 245), the Bracers, boots, and legs from ToC25. If you look at both the boots and the bracers, they have the exact same stats as the plate ones, of course, with less armor. The legs give me Mp5 instead of crit and 10 haste and if gemmed with a +10 sta and +20 int, +7 sp is lost. My question here is, Is that person who called me out right? Or should I just say what the fuck ever?

http://www.wowhead.com/?compare=47279;47289

Re: Problem with mail?

the heroic version of the mail pants are BiS, far and away better than the plate. Cirt has take na turn for the worst in 3.2 and with it mp5 got a small buff, mp5 is much better than crit these days. The guy is retarded, though i personally would pass to a shaman before i picked em up (even though i am using the heroic version right now).
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Ronnin

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnin
    the heroic version of the mail pants are BiS, far and away better than the plate. Cirt has take na turn for the worst in 3.2 and with it mp5 got a small buff, mp5 is much better than crit these days. The guy is retarded, though i personally would pass to a shaman before i picked em up (even though i am using the heroic version right now).
    Thanks a lot, I figured that guy was just being an asshole, and thanks for the info, I had no idea mp5 was better than crit.

Quote Originally Posted by zalgoes
    Thanks a lot, I figured that guy was just being an asshole, and thanks for the info, I had no idea mp5 was better than crit.
    Mp5 is better for regen than crit, but with crit you get more throughput. No paladin should have mana issues so the choice should be clear although it is always good to have a nice healthy mix of both.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

IMO it doesn't matter as long as you're not hijacking it from your shamans. BiS is BiS, even if blizz did put it under the wrong armor category.
    Real Paladins have the Charger Feat of Strength.

some of the mail pieces are actually slighly better than plate armor.

besides the pants you are talking about, there is a mailbelt(lvl 258) compare to lvl 258 plate belt. the mail belt provides 10sp +8 crits more than the plate belt that drop off togc anub. both have same 38 mp5. besides it's easier to obtain since the mail belt drop off the togc northern beasts.

if you look at the new items that drops in ICC, most of the mailgear are actually better than the plate .

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gotel
    IMO it doesn't matter as long as you're not hijacking it from your shamans. BiS is BiS, even if blizz did put it under the wrong armor category.
    This here.

As long as the Shamans have Mail Priority, you can still wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    This here.

As long as the Shamans have Mail Priority, you can still wear it.
    Can I ask why? I really don't care if there is a same ilvl plate avaiable. If there mail is BiS, you should loot it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Can I ask why? I really don't care if there is a same ilvl plate avaiable. If there mail is BiS, you should loot it.
    Its a courtesy thing: Since they can only wear Mail and your can wear Mail AND Plate, they have a less chance at gear upgrades.

there are BiS cloth gloves, i wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Its a courtesy thing: Since they can only wear Mail and your can wear Mail AND Plate, they have a less chance at gear upgrades.
    So he can have all BiS while I can keep all downgrades?

15+ Year Old Account

Its common not to take it from them, once they have it, then you would get the next. Most guilds work this way. Only letting you roll on your armor class, unless no one needs the gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Although I don't want to turn this into a loot system rant

Its not what "most guilds" do, every top guild on my realm (all the ones in togc) have no priority to armor class system, I think thats a fairly good selection (about 35 odd guilds)
    My guild runs armor class priority provided its not BiS material, then its priority free

Don't be a douche. Just because some rogue/hunter/enhance pieces are really good for rets doesn't mean you deserve them more than the person who can only wear that piece. You're the toolbag who gets a nice set of legs and lets your 12dps worse item get sharded instead of sharing the wealth.

I'm currently using 2 nonplate items myself, one cloth and one mail.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47235 from anub25
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46991 from northrend beast heroic

they are BiS so why not, the gloves I waited until everyone stopped bidding for them :>
    Same in ulduar, some mail parts were BiS, so tell ur friend to **** k

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

its cause dps classes need armor....wait><
    i remember getting laughed at for having leather gear..cursed vision of sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    Don't be a douche. Just because some rogue/hunter/enhance pieces are really good for rets doesn't mean you deserve them more than the person who can only wear that piece. You're the toolbag who gets a nice set of legs and lets your 12dps worse item get sharded instead of sharing the wealth.
    This. We all have to live with non-optimal items at some point. Moving forward as a guild means you should wear a slightly non-optimal plate item so the other guys don't have to use ulduar or toc10 gear. If plate-wearers hold out for BiS mail/leather/cloth, the whole guild effectively has fewer drops to share. Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamson
    They are not really good. They are the best. Now, I might (and already did) pass a mail item if I know a real good resto shaman is going to use it. But I will never pass a BiS all over again just because I can use a poor itemized plate. This is normaly not a issue for Holy/resto, because you will hardly have more than one or two in your raid. But, as a melee, to have to wait ALL leather/mail users to get your BiS is unacceptable. Assuming that you use a DKP or EPGP loot system, if you are on the top, you deserve to get that item. But, if you need to wait to ALL agi melees to get it first, it's most likely you will never use your Best in Slot item. Who should use that amazing 258 BiS item? A good plate melee dps that wants his gear to be top and calculated ALL hit/expertise/arpen caps with THAT item, or just another rogue/enhance with a regular dps?

Btw, cloth gloves are not BiS for holy. Tier gloves are. The only no-plate pieces that are BiS are shoulders (10-man heroic, leather) and legs (25-man heroic, mail).

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    Mp5 is better for regen than crit, but with crit you get more throughput. No paladin should have mana issues so the choice should be clear although it is always good to have a nice healthy mix of both.
    If you're not having mana issues then you don't have enough haste or you're not spamming HL hard enough.