Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire skidmarksteve's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: How can I best make money as a Jewelcrafter?

1. Have a look over at wow popular to see what gems are hot.
    2. Look in the AH to see how much competition there is for that cut.
    3. Get that gem cut if its relatively popular with low to medium competition.
    4. ????
    5. Profit

Another status update:

I was at around 17.4k as of Friday afternoon. I'm out of town, but have a bit of free time to post this.

After selling most of the things that I had on me, bringing me up to 17.4k, I went and bought tons more ore and spend over 2 hours Friday afternoon prospecting, cutting, creating, DEing, and listing.

I know it was not the smartest idea, but, seeing as I was going to be out of town for two and a half days, I just mass-listed auctions, bringing me down to about 16.8k from listing fees. I do NOT suggest this as a viable means of making money, for I've recently gone towards using Auctionator vs. Auctioneer and listing most of my items on 12 hour auctions with the intent of cancelling / relisting auctions often to monopolize the market and force my items to be purchased first.

But, seeing as I had a huge stack of gems and enchanting mats, as well as 2 days where I couldn't list / relist items, I figured I'd take the 600g hit from listing all those items for 48 hours, and I'll update you all on how much I've made over the weekend on Sunday evening. I'm hoping for the best
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    Change inscription to Skinning.
    Change Enchanting to Mining.
    Change jewelcrafting to Herbalism.

Profit.
    Really bad advice. Why sit around in a game, working for virtual money (which isn't fun for most people), when you can get 10 times more for very little time spent with crafting professions? My advice would be to buy uncut epic gems, cut them and resell them. Buy enchanting mats, make scrolls and sell them and drop inscription, take alchemy or something, unless you're lucky enough to be on a server where glyphs sell for more than 3-4g each.

- Making rings is bad idea, it's better to buy mats. It's just a waste of time really, you can get marginal profit but everyone is doing it so simply buying the mats will save you the time of buying saronite, making rings, DEing.

-Buy titanium ore only if you need new recepies or are incredily lucky. On the long run, you always lose money from it though.

Just a bit of an update for the weekends progress.

After listing EVERYTHING that I had in my inventory and bank because I was going to be away for the weekend, I saw a lot of flops. A good hunk of my auctions were sent back to my mailbox (But, was to be expected), but I still came out of the weekend with around 3k in additional cash.

Not too bad for being out of town

I'll keep you all updated.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com