Blood DK with 4k DPS with 2600 GS?

I'm trying to figure out what gems I should replaced because I am constantly having to fight to get above the hit cap and I know some of my gems should be replaced. Also I use the standard Blood DK rotations in raids but I just can't seem to get above 4K. Any recommendations on rotation or gemming would be amazing. Thanks in advance.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ramar&n=Tautou[/color]

Re: Blood DK with 4k DPS with 2600 GS?

Stop gemming for the socket bonus, straight str is the best thing you can gem up until a point. But before you gem str, gem enough hit until you get capped.

go read elitist jerks will ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldun
    Its the Fresh Cum from the argent tournament daily. It spawns a shark in any swimmable water.

10+ Year Old Account

Hmm... I mean I am sure it is possible with the right rotation and good mix of damage buffs...

All your gems should be +20 Strength, except for the 2 +10 STR/+15 STAM gems you need to activate your meta (not the shitty pvp one you have now). Go with Chaotic Skyflare (crit rating will affect your spells unlike agility).

Or instead of 2 Sovereign Dreadstones you can use 1 and a Nightmare Tear to activate a particularly good socket bonus that isn't red.

The problem is you're using GearScore.
    Stop being fucking retarded.
    You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions he commands.

Chance your Meta in: Relentless Earthsiege Daimon[+21 agility and 3% increased critical damage]
    and use: Nightmare tear[+10 stats] in your headslot to activate the meta gem.

Now you can put in every other slot the +20 strenght gem (or hit if needed).

Lv. 80 Death Knight Orc - Ragnaros
    Lv. 80 Warrior Undead - Ragnaros

I'd second the suggestion to use a Relentless Earthsiege Diamond with a Nightmare Tear. From that point on all your sockets can be whatever you need them to be. Most of the time that will be strength or strength/crit, but if you have hit problems you can address that with gems too.

I would also have to agree with something else:

You're probably just a bad player then.
    I have Edge of Ruin, and I managed to stay at around 6k dps. (No, I am not talking about fights that increases your dps based on conditions, i.e Twins.)
    Usually I'm around 5,5k.
    And you have the Ony25 sword? Give me a break.

i dont want to sound mean, but you need to unlearn what you have been doing, spend a few hours reading blood dps dk mechanics, and start from scratch. With that gear you should be doing at least 6k in raids. Om my dk in full nax 10 man gear, and edge of ruin (just started playing him again), i am doing 4k 5 man buffed no flask.

I love all the bullshit numbers people make up in threads like this..you never cease to amuse me.

On topic: Go for the 21 agi and 3% crit meta and use a nightmare tear to meet the requirement. From there you should gem 20 str only. Your spec isn't exactly wrong, but you'll find generally better results filling out necrosis over Night of the Dead.

You gear is capable of 5k dps with a potential of 6k in 25 or a 10 with correct buffs, check out EJ and make sure your rotation is correct and be sure to blow your cooldowns properly. Blood is excellent at pumping out huge numbers with hysteria and DRW, never forget them.

Also, invest in a greatness card. Greatness and an Armor pen trinket will be massive dps increases.

Best of luck
    Quote Originally Posted by lol View Post
    I've had lucid dreams a couple times.

I usually imagine some girl I have a crush on and DEMOLISH her, then go back to the computer and start farming whiptail.

Quote Originally Posted by Balty
    You're probably just a bad player then.
    I have Edge of Ruin, and I managed to stay at around 6k dps. (No, I am not talking about fights that increases your dps based on conditions, i.e Twins.)
    Usually I'm around 5,5k.
    And you have the Ony25 sword? Give me a break.
    The weapon isn't all that matters for DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad

you're and ass

also

he isn't using gearscore because his gear would prolly be around 4.5k with "gearscore"

wow-heroes=/= gearscore

different scale same concept/purpose

Quote Originally Posted by BaddyMcBad
    truest post ever.
    Originally Posted by notorious98
    That's not true. One time Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game at Polk High. How does THAT not matter?

In my opinion, once I cut all the bullshit and gemmed for straight Strength, my DPS improved, and I was happier overall. There are a few exceptions to gemming for strength.

If you're far below the melee hit cap, you may consider adding in a Hit Gem. I actually probably wouldn't though - I would focus on getting better gear. Once you're in 219+, generally, you'll have more then enough hit to be close to or over the melee hit cap without any Hit Gems/Enchantments.

If a socket bonus is +strength and the only requirements are red gems and a single yellow gem, throw in a Str/Crit gem and get the bonus. No other bonus is really worth dropping 10 Strength for Crit. NO bonus is worth dropping 10 strength for 15 stamina.

Use the +21 Agi/+3% Crit damage Meta. By the stats it's not better then the +21 Crit Meta, but the requirements for using it are easier. The 21 Agi Meta only requires a single Blue Gem. Use it. Only use one Blue Gem. And that Blue Gem will be your Nightmare Tear, which you should use in Lieu of a +str/+sta gem. It basically gives you +10 str and +10 agi on a blue socket. And make sure to put it into your highest +strength socket bonus that requires a blue gem.

I got lucky, and managed to get a Grim Toll from 25man Naxx. If you can manage to do that, that alone will allow you to not worry about hit at all, and give you the best ArP proc in the game. It drops off Grobbulus, but even now, with ICC on the horizon, it's a sought after item, so you'll no doubt need some luck in both having it drop and winning the roll.

Apart from that, Just get better. Skill matters a whole lot more then gear does, and that will be doubly so in 3.3.

Deleted

male nelf = -2000 dps

Few things I've noticed, Your spec, I would take points out of Night of the Dead and one point out of Morbidity and fill up Necrosis.

And your gems, these guys are right, you should try and gem purely for strength, also, if making it over the hit cap means you have to use a hit gem to get you ~5-7 don't bother, even as much as 20 under the hit cap you can go whole raids and not see a miss.

Your best choice for a meta gem would be The Relentless Earthsiege Diamond with a single Nightmare Tear in your highest strength-set-bonus socket (probably your helm) to activate it.

And again, like others have said, make full use of Hysteria and DRW, download Bleeding Hearts so that you can make sure your rolling your diseases at a decently high AP. Go read at least the first post on Blood Simple (on the Elitest Jerks forums)

And enjoy your extra DPS! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Korv
    Few thing I've noticed, Your spec, I would take points out of Night of the Dead and one point out of Blood Cake Blade and fill up Necrosis.

And your gems, these guys are right, you should try and gem purely for strength, also, if making it over the hit cap means you have to use a hit gem to get you ~5-7 don't bother, even as much as 20 under the hit cap you can go whole raids and not see a miss.
    I would also remove Vampiric blood and put that point into Mark of Blood.
    having this build instead of your current one.

make a macro for Histeria:
    #showtooltip Histeria
    /cast [target=player] Histeria

you rotation could be as follows:
    Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Strike, Death Coil, Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike, Death Coil, Death Coil