View Poll Results: Do you want Undead instead of Tauren Paladins ?

Voters
401. This poll is closed
  • Yes,Undead Pallys are more Logical !

186 46.38%
  • No,Tauren Pallys will look Cool !

215 53.62%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Undead Paladins ?

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    they use holy magic, which can equally be called an offshoot of arcane magic. i suggest you stop flaming and think a little.
    already said why..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    forsaken Holy priest should use Shadow spell to heal but it would break the Homogeneity of the class..
    So gameplay > lore

15+ Year Old Account

Death doesnt mean in a lose in beliefs. Also don't say read your lore, because it clumps people as a whole and not a singular entity.
    Lots of people lose their faith when horrible things happen to them that they didn't deserve.

True that some don't, but the problem is that there would likely be so few forsaken paladins that it wouldn't fit to have them as a playable race/class combination. Any forsaken paladins that DO exist probably distance themselves from the darker "mainstream" Undercity crowd.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

they use holy magic, which can equally be called an offshoot of arcane magic. i suggest you stop flaming and think a little.

this ultimately comes down to a question of faith. how do you know every undead loses their faith because they die. Doesn't mean they still don't fight for what they believe in. Take BE paladins they don't try to kill the forsaken because they aren't rampant. Why would a Holy undead w/e kill the forsaken no they would target demons and undead. Death doesnt mean in a lose in beliefs. Also don't say read your lore, because it clumps people as a whole and not a singular entity.
    I suggest you start on your lore, and then think.

Just because something exists in the game in some form does not mean that you can play as it.

Sir Zeliek is an outlier, and an incredible Paladin of extraordinary power. Also, keep in mind that even though he is astonishingly strong in the Light, he is still unable to act on his own accord.

That should give you enough reason to rule out undead Paladins.

Bottom line, there has to be enough of a lore standard to account for any number of anonymous versions of that class / race combination running amuck for you to be able to play as it, and hundreds of players playing as the most powerful of the mightiest Paladins who can remain sane and Holy while undead is just not something that lore supports.

(Parentheticals)

Quote Originally Posted by Lorianas
    Bottom line, Forsaken were once Paladins there is more than enough validity to allow Forsaken to become Paladins in the next xpac. Realistically it wont change Tauren will most likely be Paladins and Forsaken wont. Then again Blizzard said there would be new dances in WotLK, so they can always change their minds.
    Forsaken are undead craeted by the plague, not ones killed by the undead armies of the Lich king. The same plague that caused this, they (Paladins) were immune to.

Forsaken can become hunters and such because that just requrires a bit of training in that field (How I shoot gun?), which is much different from weilding the power of the light, which basically shuns the undead in general.

this ultimately comes down to a question of faith. how do you know every undead loses their faith because they die. Doesnt mean they still dontfight for what they believe in. Take BE paladins they dont try to kill the forsaken because they arent rampant. Why would a Holy undead w/e kill the forsaken no they would target demons and undead. Death doesnt mean in a lose in beliefs.
    They did not lose their faith becasue they died, they could not worship the light because it hurt them.

A blood elf is not (by nature) something that is scorned by the light, which allowed a general BE to manipulate the Naruu powers to obtain it; if an undead tried this, the power itself would hurt them.

The undead priest worship something else than the light to give them their powers, and priest are not as religious as a Paladin, their power is not soley from the light, where everythign the Paladin has is Light and for the Light. Hell if you read some of the soories Paladins hated other magic users because they thought they used a corrupted form of the light.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by velourea
    wtf bugger off with the lore bs. WoW lore is horrible and gets changed every day anyway.

They can cr8 a new Paladin(same thing,just different names and stuff,like talents could go Unholy Protection and retribution) and all that talents that increase DMG against undead,they could redesign to give more DMG against human's,which they hate. The lore could go that Undead wanted to take revenge upon humans,so they mastered they strongest and iconic class or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hrcykvesa
    They can cr8 a new Paladin(same thing,just different names and stuff,like talents could go Unholy Protection and retribution) and all that talents that increase DMG against undead,they could redesign to give more DMG against human\'s,which they hate. The lore could go that Undead wanted to take revenge upon humans,so they mastered they strongest and iconic class or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain
    Yep,you can /facepalm as much as you want,i just added single opinion,which doesn't have to be taken,it was an example.