Faction Transfer Assistance

My guild has decided to reroll to horde and I've decided to follow suite. However, I'm unsure of what race to choose. The question always remained unanswered in my mind and now that the time has arrived, I'm seriously stuck.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Blade&n=Alkore

I'm currently at 9-10k consistent TPS with 13-14k bursts. Raid buffed, I have 53.3k HP, 57% avoidance, 29k Armour, 40 Expertise and close to 5% hit. I Main Tank most of the heavy hitting bosses, or at least open on them, examples being Gormokk (I take Icehowl as well), Algalon, Anub'Arak, etc.

However, I am asked quite a lot to go offspec as I can pull close to 8k DPS as Unholy. Fights like Jaraxxus, Champs, Twins, plus many Ulduar bosses, they let the warriors or druid MT and I go DPS.

To me there are only 2 choices: Orc or Tauren. But which one? Bloodfury would be nice for opening up on a boss for additional TPS, and the Axe Specialization would be a massive boost to my TPS, considering the weapon I'm using, the weapons I'm after in TotGC, and nearly every weapon that is being released in IC, is an Axe. Also from a DPS PoV, the 5% ghoul increase plus Bloodfury again is total win. On the other hand, Tauren have the 2 sec AoE stun (nice for trash considering my spec), and the 5% base health increase, which is nice, even nicer with Frost Presence added in.

Help a DK out.
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Faction Transfer Assistance

The tauren racial has been nerfed, it only increases your base health now, and does not scale with gear. So you gain like 1k HP or so, which frankly, is negligible.

Go Orc.

Not even 1k its more like 500 hp.

Go orc. But on the other hand since racials are being reworked in cataclysm it doesnt really matter. Go whatever you think is more awesome.

BE for sexyness or Tauren for awesomeness 8)

I'd pick orc.
    mmo-champion has become full of trolls and bad admins.

I don't even see the point of asking... read what you wrote and really think.. is warstomp and 500hp worth..

free exp, pet dmg, and a bonus trinket could even throw in the reduc in stuns if you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by mattepatte
    Not even 1k its more like 500 hp.

Go orc. But on the other hand since racials are being reworked in cataclysm it doesnt really matter. Go whatever you think is more awesome.
    We still have like 6-10 months before Cataclysm minimum, this decision will affect him throughout the entirety of ICC content. Go Orc.

<Epiphany> - Always recruiting! http://www.epiphanyguild.org

Thanks for the help.
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

Go Orc!

Headcrab Simptoms:
    # Strange feeling to force Gordon Freeman, who appears to be a fish to the victim, to eat crackers.
    # Itching at groin.
    # Yellowing of the blood
    # Red, dry, or missing eyes.
    # Numbness around the cranial region
    # A severe case of dandruff
    # Hair loss
    # Skin loss
    # Head Loss
    # Death
    # Loss of bodily functions