Gearing my priest for heroics and raiding

I am about to hit 80 on my priest. I have ran every Northrend instance into the ground, almost every. Any how I need some help on what to do next with gear selection. Where should I be coming into heroics stats wise. My discipline spec right now is a combo of good instance healing talents and I couldn't pass up some stuff for PVP fun, leveling in AV is a blast. Any how some good direction would be nice on what to do next with gear or spec. Thanks for the input. Here is a link to my armory. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ull&n=Diagnose

Re: Gearing my priest for heroics and raiding

well you said your spec is for some pvp but for raiding it would need a little adjustment. Swap unbreakable will to twin disciplines and silent resolve to rapture.
    for the holy side of the tree, you will want to change it to gain inspiration. glyph of penance should be the last major that you pick up as well

for gearing I would go for stats in the following order to begin with, Intellect > Spellpower > crit > haste.

With as much intellect as you can get, this will keep you from going oom as often thanks to rapture and replenishment regen.

For gemming, I would gem nearly everything with intellect to start out with to try and get around 20k mana. Once you are at around 20k mana and 6-7% haste before talents, then i would change priority to getting more SP.

If you find you are not going oom in a normal situation, then I would change pure int gems to int/sp ones for the added throughput.

Im sure there are some main spec disc priests who will prove my way of gearing wrong but still i hope this gives you some things to think about

I understand the basics of what my spec needs to be and where it needs to go and I thank you for your input. But my question more or less is, will my current gear position me for healing heroics at 80? My plan is to spam reg TOC farm the hell out of that place for some good entry level 80 gear. With that spam heroics for badges and do Naxx pugs along the way all along collecting badges for TOC lv gear. So will my current gear be good enough to heal heroics? This will be my 7th 80 but first priest and class that I want to do some serious healing with.

well i first started healing heroics in my t5 set as holy when i dinged 80.

if you find a good tank then I dont really see why you couldnt heal some of the easier heroics, eg nexus which has a very nice mace for starters.

If you have a lot of money to spare then you could straight away buy yourself toc bracers and maybe an ulduar belt to help you out to begin with.

ToC is very nice for starting gear as well, lots of cloth and a nice trinket as well.

I found ToC 5 hc quite hard to heal in my full blue/greens but it is proberally the best place to gear up , that and ToC 5 normal.

<Insert Troll Picture Here>

1. Get to level 80.
    2. Make sure you are a pro at healing.
    3. Try to get invited into every raid and every heroic run.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelpso
    I understand the basics of what my spec needs to be and where it needs to go and I thank you for your input. But my question more or less is, will my current gear position me for healing heroics at 80? My plan is to spam reg TOC farm the hell out of that place for some good entry level 80 gear.
    Get yourself a proper disco spec and you are good to go for heroic UK, Nexus, AN and ToC normal. Particularly you want the hat from ToC ( IED Meta is your friend ) and the trinket.

If you want a quick cheap BoE upgrade take a look at Dark moon card: Illusion. It's a nice mix of regen and SP, and considerably better than the heroism badge trinket for disco. On my realm it's down to about 300g, so cheap as chips. Also you can normally get the wispcloak very cheaply made if you farm the siren's tear yourself.

The only problems you will have in early heroics is with bad tanks refusing to do their part, eating every pound from Anub in AN etc. Or bad dps prolonging the fights till you oom. Try to make sure your group has somebody bringing a mana buff for the first few runs and that will make life much easier - retridins are your friends.

HEED MY CALL YOU WALL OF TEXT PRIESTS!

We'll need a sticky for "gearing up and speccing a priest" and similar, this's getting boring!

First of all, at 80 forget to have an hybrid spec to go and heal because you're gonna get rejected almost everywhere.

Get a standard cookie cutter build either Disc or Holy and then start gearing up.

Actually, you won't need any advice on gear for a while, considering you'll need to grab any epic you can get in sight regardless of the difference between Holy and Disc in the stats needed.