What spec would you go with?

Hey Guys.

This is one of my first post in here, so don't go to hard on me .

So.. I've been a lot confused about the spec, and gems I should go for with my gear. Im doing ToTc 25 and 10 hc pulling around 5-8k depending on which boss it is (Always in top 3 on recount).
    Im currently raiding as blood, mainly because I have Arp trinket and therefor get capped with my 25% Arp + Trinket (as far as I have read :b).

My question is therefor! What would you do? Still do the blood spec? Go unholy cause of my T9 bonus and regem? Mainly - Could I optimize my dps with some changes?

My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...kir&n=Hammeren

Thx a lot! <3

Re: What spec would you go with?

Dunno you're logged out in your PvP gear.

Ah! sorry :b Should be good now =)

15+ Year Old Account

At work ATM so I can't check your gear but if you've got some non-ArP gear go Unholy. The AoE in ToC pulls it ahead of blood once you've got 4t9.

I myself raid Blood because Ive only got ArP gear, and we've got like 3 UH DKs but usually no one for Aboms Might. Plus I like the GoD Blood rotation

Will edit for more info after work.

ur over the hit and the expertise cap gem for pure str and change ur bracers ench with ap one? and ye for toc go 17/0/54 and spam pestilence

btw i heard armor pen is good for unholy too

About the over capped erhm.. The hit is a lot over capped, thing is my trinket gives a lot of hit, and so do some of my items, trying to fix that with some new items in the future raids etc.
    The expertise cap isn't it 24-26? soft cap? or? I know I have 25 expertise, but as far as I have read, you should go for 25 expertise?
    But would you guys recommend go unholy, eventhough I have some items with Arp = 25% + my trinket. I've heard that Arp should be considered like a stat like Agi in unholy spec?

yeah i'd stay blood if i were u cuz of the amount of arp u have. i would definitely consider dw frost with your gear though. i have fun with dw frost but im also blood dps. so yeah their both fun for me but dw frost seems to put out more dps if u have crazy 1handers and good gear which is wat u have

Quote Originally Posted by wangsta
    btw i heard armor pen is good for unholy too
    It will be quite good come patch 3.3. Right now it's not overly great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammeren
    About the over capped erhm.. The hit is a lot over capped, thing is my trinket gives a lot of hit, and so do some of my items, trying to fix that with some new items in the future raids etc.
    The expertise cap isn't it 24-26? soft cap? or? I know I have 25 expertise, but as far as I have read, you should go for 25 expertise?
    But would you guys recommend go unholy, eventhough I have some items with Arp = 25% + my trinket. I've heard that Arp should be considered like a stat like Agi in unholy spec?
    You're right about the expertise cap. But, expertise is a thing you would NEVER want to gem and/or enchant for! It's not worth it. A 20str gem will ALWAYS do more damage than an expertise gem. (str also boosts diseases/DC where exp is only for physical attacks)
    So really remove the bracer enchant and the gem.
    Also your hit is too high. You're alliance, so I assume there's always a draenei in your raid, so you need only 7% on the character screen. The trinket does give a lot, but you also have a hit gem. It's not much but it's always about little bits adding up to a larger number.

Besides all that, I would say, just stay blood now and try unholy in 3.3 (with the same gear, just replace the ARP gems for STR gems) and go for whichever does most damage or whichever you like most.

Exp/Hit gem needs to go, bracer enchant needs updating, replace meta with 21 agi and 3% crit damage (its better that 21 crit), and put a 20 str in Justicebringer. Also try and get your hands on a Greatness Card / Death's Verdict. Mark of Supremacy is gash.

As blood, the 4p set bonus isn't as hyped up as you may think. I'd recommend the following: Gloves --> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47330 ; Chest --> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47589 ; Head --> http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49466 . And then keep the Shoulders and Legs to get the 2p set bonus which is OP for Blood. This will also give you some breathing room allowing more strength gems as you'll be gaining a shit ton of ArP from these above items.

Regarding ArP cap for 3.2.2, ArP cap is 1399.57. Mjolnir's Runestone gives 47.5% ArP on Proc. Your talent Blood-Gorged gives 10%, meaning you have 57.5%. therefore, you need to get 42.5% ArP to be capped on Proc. If you have a Warrior tank who Sunders (i.e. he should), you can drop down to 22.5% ArP. However, with your Cleave, and simple facts that he may not be on your target for a certain boss, I suggest aiming for 42.5%. Meaning that to get such a %, you need 595 base ArP. Remember you can shave 40 off with ArP food. You currently have 356 ArP (if armory is correct), but with the items mentioned above, as well as maybe sacrificing a few Str for ArP gems, you'd hit soft cap easy.

When 3.3 comes, swap your offspec for an Unholy spec, and play to the boss. For example, if its a single target boss, stay as Blood. If there are waves of adds of mob control, go Unholy. Optimisation is key.

Hope this helps.`

EDIT: With the gloves, chest, and head, you would go to 565 ArP. So if you use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42995, you can gem pure Strength for Optimum DPS.
    Dark Intent
    Buff Mage? I think not.
    "I made the comment "Melee Caster" because you will do more damage as a Demonology Warlock by standing in Melee range..."
    -Gherkin, US Rexxar.
    Proud Melee Caster!

Quote Originally Posted by Alkore
    therefore, you need to get 42.5% ArP to be capped on Proc. If you have a Warrior tank who Sunders (i.e. he should), you can drop down to 22.5%
    wat?

Quote Originally Posted by Alkore
    Wall of text
    #1 ArPen is still decent as a stats, but gemming for it is fail.
    #2 t9 4p easily beats every item upgrade you can get.
    #3 Sunder Armor reduces the base armor of the target => you still need 100% ArPen to be capped not 80%.
    #4 ArP food is a no go
    #5 Unholy is king atm - don't stay blood (unless you need it for the 10% ap raidsupport).

Thx for all the nice replies! =) Really helps a lot, eventhough you all have some different views on what spec I should go with.

As for now, we have 2x DK's in the ToTc 25 raids and he is also blood, however we still get the 10% Ap from the Trueshot aura from a hunter, so this won't be necessary at all. I'm only doing blood, cause I think it's the most easy spec of them all, and can pull a gr8 amount of dps eventhough you fuck up your rotation

I will of cause switch the things mentioned about the gloves ench and gems.
    I was recently asked if I could go frost to get the melee haste buff, or if it could be an option not lowering my dps too much? Is Frost 2h still viable or would I get to much dps loss by doing that?

Still like more people to add their comment on wether to switch spec or stay blood =)! (The more the better! )

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Hammeren
    I was recently asked if I could go frost to get the melee haste buff, or if it could be an option not lowering my dps too much? Is Frost 2h still viable or would I get to much dps loss by doing that?
    2h Frost is dead as of 3.2.

EDIT: For DPS, at least.