Thread: what u do when

what u do when

CB and conf. is on CD
    immo. casting time < immo. time left on the target < inc. casting time

casting immo. will overwrite the last tick and casting inc. will get immo. drop b4 cast finish

what will u do ?

immo. ?
    inc. ?
    wait ?
    LT ?

Re: what u do when

wait..what?
    hahaha. no.

Stop being lazy and spell your question out.

It sounds like you are looking for a filler spell for destro... is that right? PVE or PVP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    I have died some times for just blinking away from balls and straight in to another pair of balls.
    Nerf teabagging!

I think he is trying to ask what do you do when immo has like 3 seconds left and chaos bolt and conflag are on cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    If someone could transform Satan's anus into a potent powder, I would totally snort it.

i mean
    when your immo. DOT left on your target is say 1.7(a number between 2.25 and 1.5)sec, your incinerate cast takes 2.25 and immo. cast takes 1.5

if u cast immo. is overwrite the last tick of immo. ,if u incinerate ,immo. drop b4 your cast

casting immo. lose 1 tick of DOT
    casting incinerate lose bounes on immo. and Fire and Brimstone
    wait and immo. lose 0.45 sec. (in this case)
    do a LT when u don't need lose 1.5 sec.

what will u do?

Quote Originally Posted by vkei
    CB and conf. is on CD
    immo. casting time < immo. time left on the target < inc. casting time

casting immo. will overwrite the last tick and casting inc. will get immo. drop b4 cast finish

what will u do ?

immo. ?
    inc. ?
    wait ?
    LT ?
    Simple

Just RWP then RF teh KWL but b careful not 2 clip ur DSP

lifetap

Quote Originally Posted by vkei
    i mean
    when your immo. DOT left on your target is say 1.7(a number between 2.25 and 1.5)sec, your incinerate cast takes 2.25 and immo. cast takes 1.5

if u cast immo. is overwrite the last tick of immo. ,if u incinerate ,immo. drop b4 your cast

casting immo. lose 1 tick of DOT
    casting incinerate lose bounes on immo. and Fire and Brimstone
    wait and immo. lose 0.45 sec. (in this case)
    do a LT when u don't need lose 1.5 sec.

what will u do?
    you have 4 options
    do nothing ( wait for immolate to fall off) bad choice always be casting
    immolate- cliping is bad
    incinerate- will land without immolte but still is damage (2nd best option)
    lifetap- if your at close to full mana this isnt best anything below 90% mana is the best choice

searing pain!!!!

considering this happens fairly often i wouldnt suggest life tap in this situation unless the glyph buff is about to expire, in my opinion, go with incinerate

Assuming you need mana, or the LT glyph is down the LT is the best option. Otherwise Incinerate is the best option. Yes, it will land without Immolate up, but it will result in less DPS lost than waiting an entire GCD. Over Life Tapping results in a pretty substantial DPS drain and devalues the Glyph's worth. Don't LT unless you think there will be no time to LT between the time this occurs and when the LT glyph will expire. If it's under 15 seconds it may be a good idea. If it's at 20 seconds or more then LT is a bad option. You'll lose some damage, yes, but not nearly as much as spending a GCD on something that nets 0 DPS.

Searing Pain is the right answer if this occurs and the mob will die before Incinerate lands. I actually use it pretty often in heroics to finish mobs off. It hits quite a bit harder than the DD portion of Immolate. If the fight isn't going to end before Incinerate goes off, then Incinerate.

I do a Lifetap anytime nothing else fits.

You have to do it sometime, and life tapping when all your other spells are less optimal is the best time to do so.
    This of course assumes you _don't_ have the glyph. Even if I had the glyph, I would lifetap anyways.

If I am paying attention, I will also lifetap instead of immolate when the cooldown on either chaos bolt or conflagrate have less than immolates cast time left on its cooldown.

I'll lifetap if the buff is in danger of expiring, cast corruption if that's not up or - and this is very rare - cast Curse of Doom.
    Dranei Ultra-Nationalist and Mac'Aree Patriot