Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone know of a good starter gear list for rogues?

My rogue is gonna hit 80 tonight and I'm looking for a good list that is basically the absolute opposite of the horrific shadowpanther list that includes ICECROWN gear in their PVE starter list.

Something like this one for tanks:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/4...ear-guide.html

Re: Does anyone know of a good starter gear list for rogues?

Are you looking for a list of BoE/crafted gear that you can use out of the box once you ding 80?
    Or are you looking for a list of pre-raid gear that can be obtained over time outside of raiding?

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Are you looking for a list of BoE/crafted gear that you can use out of the box once you ding 80?
    Or are you looking for a list of pre-raid gear that can be obtained over time outside of raiding?
    A list that includes heroic gear (not on the shadowpanther list), regular instance gear especially ToC 5 man, PVP gear, BOE gear (especially craftables), and quest gear. NO raid gear. Not even Naxx. Why you would put gear from ICC, a raid that is not even out yet, in a PVE starter list is just beyond me. I also particularly enjoyed how apparently gear that drops off Freya is "PVE starter gear." Yeah... So Freya is more of a starter set than something from a flippin heroic 5 man?

15+ Year Old Account

Go download this magical thing called AtlasLoot. Lol want to do a heroic? Pull out atlas loot and bam you can choose which one you want based on gear
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

Well...without looking at the list, does it include ICC RAID gear or ICC 5-MAN gear?
    Because the 5-man gear would be a lot easier to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".

You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    A list that includes heroic gear (not on the shadowpanther list), regular instance gear especially ToC 5 man, PVP gear, BOE gear (especially craftables), and quest gear. NO raid gear. Not even Naxx. Why you would put gear from ICC, a raid that is not even out yet, in a PVE starter list is just beyond me. I also particularly enjoyed how apparently gear that drops off Freya is "PVE starter gear." Yeah... So Freya is more of a starter set than something from a flippin heroic 5 man?
    There is a good BoE neck that drops off of Freya.

Quote Originally Posted by ishammael_of_elune
    Well...without looking at the list, does it include ICC RAID gear or ICC 5-MAN gear?
    Because the 5-man gear would be a lot easier to get.
    Raid. I guess I wasn't paying attention and it is BOE stuff but it's not even released yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Salarius
    Not even REMOTELY what I was asking for but thanks for the effort. I want a list. Like 5 - 10 options for each slot representing BOEs / craftables, PVP, quest rewards, heroic drops, ToC 5 man drops, and so on. Like the tankspot list I religiously used as a fresh tank.

Updating lists, databases, and sites is much easier if you compartmentalize it and do it as the information comes out, rather than trying to spend hours or days doing it the day it actually launches on live. It's really not that hard to sort out what you can and cannot get though.
    If you're looking for a "HOW2ROGUE" list, you're probably out of luck though. Take a little time, do a little research, and figure it out for yourself if none of the resources already mentioned are to your liking.

http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=59923

There ya go buddeh.

Little out of date but you can still probably get some use from it. These days it's mainly just farm heroics/get carried till you get all epic'ed out, then do it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglywho
    http://www.wowhead.com/?forums&topic=59923

There ya go buddeh.

Little out of date but you can still probably get some use from it. These days it's mainly just farm heroics/get carried till you get all epic'ed out, then do it some more.
    Thanks, that's pretty close to what I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Updating lists, databases, and sites is much easier if you compartmentalize it and do it as the information comes out, rather than trying to spend hours or days doing it the day it actually launches on live. It's really not that hard to sort out what you can and cannot get though.
    If you're looking for a "HOW2ROGUE" list, you're probably out of luck though. Take a little time, do a little research, and figure it out for yourself if none of the resources already mentioned are to your liking.
    I don't need to know how to play the class, I just like looking at a concise list of easy to get loot to shoot for with a fresh 80. Helps me plan my course of action. I'm a pretty fast gearer, I fully intend to be dpsing with my rogue in at least ToC normal 10 man by this time next week.

http://shadowpanther.net/

I'm sad it took this long for someone to post that.

So you want everyone here to do the work they did themselves, and give it to you, because your too lazy to go to heroics and get the info for yourself? TBH, when people try giving the smallest of help, do not QQ at them.
    Go download Atlasloot, take a look at the heroic drops, craftables, BoE's etc and make an educated guess yourself.

Try not being so lazy and do things yourself. How do you think we all got ours in the first place?!?!?

Retards should not be aided. They should just be pointed toward the coldest pole on which to stick their tongue.
    A Balance Druid who has balanced the Balance in his Balance Spec between Crit and Haste is a Balanced Balance Druid.
    80 Druid (exBC toon), 80 Mage (Arcane), 80 DK (lol), 80 Hunter (MM), 80 Pally(prot/ret), 61 Rogue (Ass/Subt), 80 Lock (Demo/Affli), 23 Warr (Prot/fury hybrid).
    Pally - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Nikoli.
    Hunter - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&cn=Grubba

Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes
    A list that includes heroic gear (not on the shadowpanther list), regular instance gear especially ToC 5 man, PVP gear, BOE gear (especially craftables), and quest gear. NO raid gear. Not even Naxx.
    My Starter Gear charts have just been updated to include 5-man and Heroic gear, so I think you should find them more useful now.

Why you would put gear from ICC, a raid that is not even out yet, in a PVE starter list is just beyond me.
    New and upcoming items are highlighted in gray on my charts, so that you can easily see and compare those future items to currently available gear.

I also particularly enjoyed how apparently gear that drops off Freya is "PVE starter gear." Yeah... So Freya is more of a starter set than something from a flippin heroic 5 man?
    BoE gear, like the Freya necklace (Nymph Heart Charm), is always included on my Starter Gear charts because it can be purchased by non-raiders on the AH.

Shadowpanther - just want to say thank you for keeping your site updated, ive used it for quite some time.

To Mutilate or not to Mutilate,.... that is the question...

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eitrigg&n=Denide

Shadow Panther.

I took the time to register just to say: your site is an awesome resource which I use all the time on my Rogue alt.

Thank you.

Ok, I know a LOT of people here hate www.maxdps.com, but I use it just to have a good, clear look at what's out there and where to get it.

Well, I ended up just randomly running crap and didn't really use any planning at all and this is what I ended up with after two days:

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...hol&name=Shurq

Not too shabby, still a lot of work ahead though.