Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Worgen meets Fisher Price

Quote Originally Posted by jeanericuser001
    What I wonder is will worgen have other traits similar to dogs. I know the marking territory might be an issue of hygene in some cities. Then there is the butt sniffing. Will the worgen have the sudden forced urge to stop and sniff each others butts or sniff where someone has marked their territory. Probably the biggest nightmare will be when some people realize they can settle hygene and certain other issues in a more provacative way besides a nice bath. Im sure though some people would be quite surprised and maybe amused if they saw a worgen doing what some dogs do on a boring day when there is nothing else to do.
    Worgen are *****NOT***** dogs...:

On a side note: keep your perverse thoughts to yourself please.
    IM KILLING INTERNET DRAGONS!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pharix
    silverbrook worgen aren't really "feral" either >_>
    Good point, maybe they'll change the skins when Cata drops, like they did with the high elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    what skeleton u talking about? there is no skeleton
    *Pfft*...I think i'll let someone else handle this one.
    and goblins share the walking animation from the goblins we have in gadgetzan etc
    And the goblins we have in gadgetzan etc share their animations with dwarves.
    I helped The Madgod win an Arthas helm at Blizzcon '11!

...And later won one myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    these are not the worgen mobs. They are a sect seperated from society for years and not feral. Thus why they don't run on all fours.

But as said, beta isnt out.
    they may not be mobs but they are still worgen, the all fours running animation looked alot smoother than the useless arm flapping they have now trying to run like they are still human. NOW maybe if they made the animations progress from the starting zone to show how they are getting used to their new body that would be acceptable

IE starting zone- lame ass trying to walk on all fours-------- to lvl 85 pvp worgen barreling down the strife at you on all fours BAM that would be hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo2k
    What you've seen is an ALPHA of the finished game....The female worgen and even designed yet, that's how EARLY it is...... :
    IM KILLING INTERNET DRAGONS!

yeah ...right now the goblins look creepier than worgens.
    i would rather meet a worgen in a dark alley-way than those green fuckers
    "Arthas attacked our capitals, let's go kill him!"
    "Wait, a dragon! Let's go kill it."
    "Ok, back to Arth-"
    "Look, an old god! Let's get him!"
    "Alright, now back to Arth-"
    "Oh, Tirion's having a carnival!"
    "Alright, now we'll go kill Arthas."
    "Yay, Arthas is dead!"

your complaining that their faces look softer, and that they dont run around all fierce like? you play alliance, what do you expect kid..

I don't mind the manes at all. The running is so-so but I can live with it. These both show that Gilneans have retained quite a bit of their humanity and sanity. Casting animations are kinda gross looking but I could live with this too since it's showing the wilder side of them when they release power.

My complaint is the face. Jesus. The current models have gnarly, savage faces. No amount of grooming or civility actually changes a face. The playable Worgen models have faces that look like the family dog.

But as everyone has said, Cataclysm is in the very early stages and I'd be very surprised if things stayed exactly as they are.

They do seem more cartoony than the other races to me. I'll still make one to experience the starting area quests and hopefully find a way to obtain my very own top hat, but I hope they look a bit more... ferocious when Cata comes out.

Bouncy bouncy bouncy!

I know that these worgen aren't the feral mobs running around, but that is completely immaterial to the point. Dogs are domesticated, yet you don't see them bouncing around on their hind-legs. From a purely physical perspective, it doesn't make sense for them to try and lumber forth - it's literally going against their nature. You try to walk on all 4s for an hour and you'll get why it doesn't make sense to have them walk everywhere on two legs.

As for it being Alpha, and the final touches haven't been put... DUH! That's why I'm bringing this up, so that the developers see some complaints and would possibly be more willing to change since nothing is finalized. Or would you rather I start complaining the day after I buy Catclysm when there's even less chance for them to change it?

But they're not dogs, not wolves, and not really human at this point either. Our cow friends and the "puppy men" seem to have figured out walking well enough

New worgens seem like the Draenei thing.We have Lost Ones that are ugly,savage,aggressive and unreasonable.And Broken are trying to hold on to theirselves,trying to find light again.They are not that hostile.

Feral worgens are like Lost Ones,while Gilneas worgens are like Broken.Their running animation is not that bad.They seem to be trying to hold on to their humanity and trying to walk on two legs but can't really manage that.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by cenkiss
    Their running animation is not that bad.They seem to be trying to hold on to their humanity and trying to walk on two legs but can't really manage that.
    this guy got a point (wich i was going to but oh well)

The really thing is to concentrate that playable worgen
    A. are not ment to be ah so savage (mythbuster Savage style would be too awesome)
    B. Not even close to beta
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Loretto
    But they're not dogs, not wolves, and not really human at this point either. Our cow friends and the "puppy men" seem to have figured out walking well enough
    i've seen a canine walk on its hind legs before, but never a bovine, so it shouldnt be easier for a Tauren to walk on 2 legs
    Quote Originally Posted by JonTargaryen
    Jaina isn't thinking with her head, she's thinking with her jaina.
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseVentura
    This stuff'll make you a goddamn sexual Tyrannosaurus. . . just like me.

15+ Year Old Account

Yet to see the female Worgen.

Hmmmm...Yes. I can see the allure of a sexy female wolf. Sgt. Angua Anyone?
    Technically a werewolf, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by hermedes
    u cant ur gonna have to own up and if hes a wow nerd hes gonna kill u and get his wrathful gladiators claymore and chop ur head and ur balls of and then he will feed them to u. only if hes a true wow nerd tho

10+ Year Old Account

I dont mind the walkin on 2 legs thing, but i think for their speed increase racial they should run on all 4s, that would make sense to me, when they need to haul balls, they run like a wolf... but that might be just me
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light. Hunters do it with the help of animal companions.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

I can agree with the run/walk. Look at the feet. They are way too oversized and certainly cartoony

"Allience will get bad monster omg!!" No, they will get cute little pet dogs.