Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Anub HM Phase 3, and you!

Well, i've bin doing ToGC10 yesterday late, and arround 34% HP I start lifetapping me to ~80% mana (Lifetapping to 100% is a risk). But, when we hit anub arround 10%, im mostly out of mana, or quite low. Lifetapping at that moment leads to a death most of the time.

Do you other locks have problems with your life and this phase?
    (Setup of healing is an holy pala, and a resto druid)

Re: Anub HM Phase 3, and you!

why is lifetapping to 100% a risk? ???

anyhow, a quick health pot/ healthstone ~> life tap would be one self-sufficient way to help..

My guess would be that you should wait/hope for penetrating cold to hit you so you get topped, and then lifetap while being <80% hp its not hard to heal after the initial tick and maybe downrank lifetap.

Playing Anub 25 hc as Paladin so dont flame me if theres a lock mechanic i missed

Indeed just lifetap to 100% dont see why that isnt possible. If needed lifetap to full in last P2. I tried several things to dont run oom. On 25 we must all use the frost potions tho, so I cant use mana pots and/or healt pots. The thing that we do now is our resto druid gives me a little health when I am low on mana and in between the penetrating colds. I tap the extra health away immediatly so its not gonna heal anub at all almost.

15+ Year Old Account

tell healers to heal you when you need to tap. You know this is game where you have to cooperate with rest of your team.. ??? :

Quote Originally Posted by Oprah
    why is lifetapping to 100% a risk? ???

anyhow, a quick health pot/ healthstone ~> life tap would be one self-sufficient way to help..
    Have you even done anub hc? To use lifetap during p3 would be almost suicide, or getting on yor healers nerve alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    tell healers to heal you when you need to tap. You know this is game where you have to cooperate with rest of your team.. ??? :
    With 2 healers they dont have time to spareheals in p3.
    Happy troll since 2005

improved soul leech is a nice talent. other than that, maybe you dont have any sort of replenishment in your group, or your healers keep everyone higher than they should, or your raid dps is low, do you use heroism in p3?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkatur
    Well I don't know what setup OP have but if healers don't have spare heal for 1-2 lifetaps, something is wrong.

Have you even done anub hc? To use lifetap during p3 would be almost suicide, or getting on yor healers nerve alot.
    no actually it is not suicidal as i do it in the 25 hc on anub p3. just use healthstone and quickly life tap once or twice. or you can use death coil for a quick heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Deleted

You gave the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest
    Well I don't know what setup OP have but if healers don't have spare heal for 1-2 lifetaps, something is wrong.
    Deathknight - Tank(No idea which specc)
    Prot Warrior
    Combat rogue
    Enh. Shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Resto Druid
    Moonkin
    Holydin
    Destro lock (me)
    Retridin.

--
    Anyway, im using DC, Healthstone if i didnt use it, lifeblood, but leeching swarm still ticks hard. I didnt die at the first kill, but attempts before, i died arround 10%-ish as first.

Get a Boomkin or a Shadow Priest or +3% hit and spec for Improved Soul Leech => HP and Mana problem solved.

As they said, Either throw a deathcoil followed by a tap or HS. Lifetap to full before p3 and put LT r5 or 6 in ur bars :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&cn=Frayle

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac
    You gave the answer.
    Deathknight - Tank(No idea which specc)
    Prot Warrior
    Combat rogue
    Enh. Shaman
    Arcane Mage
    Resto Druid
    Moonkin
    Holydin
    Destro lock (me)
    Retridin.

--
    Anyway, im using DC, Healthstone if i didnt use it, lifeblood, but leeching swarm still ticks hard. I didnt die at the first kill, but attempts before, i died arround 10%-ish as first.
    when else would you use a healthstone but in p3? if you are worried about dying to p.cold use a Greater frost protection pot and save your healthstone. also leeching swarm shouldnt tic hard if you keep low enough hp only healing up for a quick life tap/p. cold.
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    when else would you use a healthstone but in p3? if you are worried about dying to p.cold use a Greater frost protection pot and save your healthstone. also leeching swarm shouldnt tic hard if you keep low enough hp only healing up for a quick life tap/p. cold.
    Well, I'm no expert and haven't tried this but the way I see it he's running a risk of killing himself.
    The following scenario.
    He uses a healtstone and at the same second uses lifetap, the problem is that if he uses lifetap the samesecond leeching swarm ticks him when he popped the HS there can be enough damage to kill him.

Like I said, I haven't tried this but it's just the scenario that I see that could happen. And if hes running low on mana it would be better to pop a mana pot instead of frost protection potion.
    Happy troll since 2005

Well, I'm no expert and haven't tried this but the way I see it he's running a risk of killing himself.
    The following scenario.
    He uses a healtstone and at the same second uses lifetap, the problem is that if he uses lifetap the same second leeching swarm ticks him when he popped the HS there can be enough damage to kill him.

Like I said, I haven't tried this but it's just the scenario that I see that could happen. And if hes running low on mana it would be better to pop a mana pot instead of frost protection potion.
    I am just speaking from experience during Anub 25 heroic. I use a frost pot p3 when i get p. cold just in case i don't get a heal fast enough. I have mana issues p3 now and then so i Death coil and quickly life tap once or twice depending on my health after the first LT. If DC is not up i use a healthstone for extra mana as i would rather save my potion for P.cold.

As it has been said in the previous posts just tap to 100% just before p3, if you really need the mana before boss dies just call out to the enh shaman on ventrilo and ask him to throw you a instant HW as to not bother your real healers.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Life Tap just prior to phase 3 to keep the buff up. If he doesn't die in 40 seconds you're doing it wrong. If you're running OOM you didn't top off your mana in P2 and you're doing it wrong. This shouldn't come up unless you have crap gear. That said Life Tapping anywhere above 12k health or so is perfectly safe. I have purposely Life Tapped in the fight when I was over healed just to make sure I wasn't healing Anub too much.

If you are destro LT when you are 50%. You don't need that much mana to DPS.

You have Deathcoil and Healthstone you shouldn't be dying under any circumstance unless you are LT'in at 20% Health and the debuff ticks. But honestly your healers need to be doing more and keeping you around 50% and keeping tanks at full.

You should easily be able to get the heals to tap to 100% safely.

Honestly in 10 man have never had an issue with mana, in 25 man ToGC it has been more of an issue so maybe you can apply some of those solutions to your 10 man. Also I'd ask if in your 10 man you are actually AoEing the adds in phasing 3, if you are simply dot or single target them instead. That is assuming ranged need to help at all on the adds, otherwise you should never get near oom. If you do also make sure some sort of wound poison/health debuff is on the boss, because something is making the fight run to long.

Other advice: use a downrank of a lifetap a lot more of often, this will give you mana back and prevent from a bad insta gib. Yes if you lifetap at the wrong time swarm can use your pretap health and minus it off of your post tap health pool resulting in the life tap leeching swarm instant killing you. This is not super common but is the same situation as the dog in naxx that decimates (sorry too long ago forgot name for the moment) it was actually possible to lifetap at the same time as decimate and die from it.

Depending on spec there are other helpful things, destro ISL can be helpful. Try to include Soul Link in your spec and make sure it’s up in phase 3, this will lessen the health you’re loosing and give you a slightly larger pool of health to lifetap out of, again if you’re doing minimum health scenario will have to be a downranked lifetap.

Having groups setup for the most benefit can be key to being able to lifetap. Splitting healing streams and VE and melee from casters and all that good stuff can help. 10 man this can be harder then 25 man as groups aren’t always ideal. Such as in 25 man we have 2 resto shamans so their healing streams can cover two groups, one is with healers the other is with locks and some fillers. The resto shaman popping mana tide at 15-20% of the bosses health makes life so much easier.

In short there are solutions, but kind of surprised there’s an issue on 10 man with it and would look at your groups, setup/buffs and how you’re handling the fight.
    Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions.

Pop a mighty nature protection potion so you can't die from leeching swarm and just lifetap to 1hp? You should be safe for like 15-20 seconds assuming the leeching swarm ticks for it's minimum amount of damage, 250 per sec.

I don't think you should depend on frost prot pots too much because you can only use 1 pot per fight but there is no limit how often you might get hit by penetrating cold. Choice is yours though.