Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by MaDmAjoR
    Note that the weapon is on a warrior <3. And the effects are just.. incredible.
    Warrior armor skin, but death knight eyes.
    Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much. ~attributed to Oscar Wilde

Well since they're releasing the boss slowly 25 saronite might not be as hard as it seems to get before you could actually complete the whole quest .

i mean before you have the three "gardians" sindragosa , the blood queen and Dr putricide avaible it doesn't seems that hard to get 25 saronite till that and if you've to kill arthas you could wait even more .

btw very nice visual effects !

also do somebody knows how many emblems the bosses will drop ? the colyseum was 3 since there were just a few bosses but with 4 mods avaible it's quite a large number of them . it'll cost 90 for big piece and 60 for small one and u have to buy the first version of t10 so it'll require at least 300 of them to get the 4t10 wich is equal to 13 primal saronite

if you had the daily random + raid weekly ( is that still implemented ? ) well by focusing on the quest it shouldn't take too long

That axe is SO much mine

I did the math on this a while back. Primordial Saronites are purchasable with 23 Emblems of Frost. 23*25 = 575 Badges.

14 Frosts from Daily Random Heroic
    5 Raid Weekly Quest
    4 VoA new boss (10 and 25)
    3 per ICC boss equals 24 badges from 25's and 10's (only 4 bosses available)
    all this totals 47 badges per week maximum.

575/45 = 12.2 weeks so 13 weeks. Now its true that 4 more bosses with be introduced 3-4 weeks after this first set...and you can't even complete the first quest and get Shadow's Edge until then. But assuming you start farming all 8 bosses the first day that the second batch of 4 bosses is released.

You'd have 188 badges saved up when 3.3.1 hits...and then you start making 71 badges a week. That's an additional 5.4 weeks. So WHEN the quest CAN be completed...if you had no help form your guild with primordial saronite ores, and you farmed the released bosses every week they were available (even week 1)....we're looking at 9-10 weeks to get all the ores to complete the first step.

NOW....let's assume you guild helps you out and the DAY 3.3.1 hits where you can finally get your SHadow's Edge, you clear Rotface and Festergut and claim you new shiny epic axe immediately. You are now on the Infusion quests. Let's assume that you will one shot all the infusions...(probably not...but for the sake of Shadowmourne farming...let's go ahead an assume). However, they will come out every 3-4 weeks...let's say 3 weeks just to make it shorter than it probably will be.

That means were looking at 6 weeks of no progress on the quests...or simply trying to get the infusions. 6 weeks you have no control over.

Now you have to worry about getting 60 shadowfrost shards. Let's assume 2 things...since these shards are labled "Quest Item"...they are shared and multiple people can loot them if they're on the quest (ie they have a Shadow's Edge equipped)...so no guild distributing. AND, let's assume they are 100% drop rate from all raid bosses. AND let's assume your raid 1 shots all available bosses.

1. There are 12 raid bosses available including Lich King. Assuming you farm all of them the first week they are all introduced...thats 5 weeks of getting Shadowfrost Shards.

We're now at 11 weeks MINIMUM.

You now have to gather 1000 souls. This task is generally looked upon as the easy step...however, no one really knows which souls you have to collect. Let's assume that they can only be collected form enemies inside ICC raids. AND, let's assume that your guild isn't going to sit there and farm trash (not killing raid bosses and waiting 1-2 hours for trash to respawn and farm all night). How many mobs are actually in a ICC full clear. Most people I've talked to say 100 maybe. Let's DOUBLE that just for the sake of arguement. That means I'm assuming you can farm them in the 10 and 25 man version..or that the people are wrong and there's a lot more mobs than one would think. I'm assuming this cause there's no point in assuming the other...you could bedone in a day of killing elites or non elite undead if they didn't have to be in ICC.

That's another 5 weeks of raiding both 10 and 25 man ICC...full clears each week. And remember all this time I'm assuming you kill every boss available first week they are released.

Add it all up...16 weeks of raiding AFTER you finish the first quest (to throw out all those people saying they could farm up 40k gold and buy all their primordial saronite ores).

16 weeks = 4 months minimum, so we're looking at first Shadowmournes appearing at a minimum...April.
    Most people were speculating a 3rd quarter 2010 release for Cataclysm.

To me, it looks like the challenge of getting a Shadowmourne isn't the quest itself...but completeing the quest before the weapon itself becomes obsolete.

EDIT: okok, you could see one 5 weeks earlier from a random guild who dedicates itself to being the first guild to get one. IE...they're going to sit an entire week and clear trash respawns and then finally kill the bosses on Mon before reset. Your average guild isn't going to do this. So I predict the first Shadowmourne to appear 11 weeks after 3.3.1 hits with the second set of bosses, which would be mid to late March.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Quote Originally Posted by Hexus
    Drops off of bosses in 25 man, probably guaranteed to drop in hard modes, much like the fragments of Val'anyr. They may let you ogle Shadowmourne, but they aren't giving it up easily.
    Fragments don't have a increase drop rating with hard modes.

to battousai, auction house does exist my friend. most top guild will most likely complete their frostmourne the minute they get access to sindragosa (which will still be a few weeks tho)

wow. thats such an awesome effect. Also, how the heck does Boubouille make these videos? Does he have a private server? :X That whole thing was a pretty complicated scene.

What does the AH have ANYTHING to do with it. The only thing tradable is the PRimordial Saronite ores, which I've already said...let's assume that you have 25 the day 3.3.1hits and you can complete the quest immediately.

Don't forget you only get 5 tries at even the normal mode infusion bosses per week. And, you have to put yourself in harms way more than one per fight, which increases teh difficulty of your raid completing the quests too.

I'm saying its 11 week minimum after you've collected the Saronite ores, more likely 16 weeks since your guild won't sit there and farm trash for you all week long before you finally try and clear the bosses.

EDIT: Since those Shadowfrost shards are labled "Quest Items" its safe to assume they won't start dropping until you are on that quest...which means you have done all the infusions...which means clearing all the way to the Lich king. THEN you have to start collecting 60 shards...1 per 25 man boss = 60/12 = 5 weeks minimum of shadowfrost shard farming.

Repeat...you will have to compelte the frost infusion quest by taking 3 frost breaths from Sindragosa before you can even start collecting the SHadowfrost shards...cause you won't be on that step of the quest chain yet.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Looks amazing. Looks legendary, finally ;p.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian
    Looks amazing. Looks legendary, finally ;p.
    And evil.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IgotRICKrolled
    I was hoping it was a bit bigger :P ...

]maybe its because i have a small penis and need to compensate
    Most likely!
    Anyway the axe is pure win

Hope the cata spellcaster wep is just as epic as this one and not like thorindal or valanyr....

The mechanics of actually obtaining the Primordial Saronite aside, if you assume that a guild elects to give this to one member and also designates a backup -- is it reasonable to say that if they both acquire Shadow's Edge around the same time that they will also acquire Shadowmourne at around the same time?

It may not be possible to do both infusions on the same boss attempt, but even assuming that the backup is delayed by a week on all three infusions, because the Shadowfrost Shards are Quest Items, does it stand to reason that two (or more) people in the same guild could obtain this weapon in intervals of 1-3 weeks?

You guys are being retarded. First, the saronite will be wayyyyy more than 1.5k on the AH, plus with how many peope trying to get these early on? Idk if you remember when crusader orbs first came out, I was lucky to get them for 3k each, now through in the fact that they are needed to get a legendary? Id say 5k or more at the least. Also stop thinking the day the patch hits that there will be a badge vendor where you can turn in badges for the saronite..it takes monthssss before that add that aspect into the game. Happend with runed orbs and crusader orbs...the only way for the first while to get these is from raids and from paying alot from the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by badpark
    The mechanics of actually obtaining the Primordial Saronite aside, if you assume that a guild elects to give this to one member and also designates a backup -- is it reasonable to say that if they both acquire Shadow's Edge around the same time that they will also acquire Shadowmourne at around the same time?

It may not be possible to do both infusions on the same boss attempt, but even assuming that the backup is delayed by a week on all three infusions, because the Shadowfrost Shards are Quest Items, does it stand to reason that two (or more) people in the same guild could obtain this weapon in intervals of 1-3 weeks?
    Theorietically if all assumtions about shadowfrost shards are correct and all your guildies were willing to farm up their own primordial saronites. You could have 3-4 Shadowmournes in the guild completed the same day.

Deleted

Oh my god. The quest from val'anyr wasn't so great !
    Epic, amazing !

Quote Originally Posted by badpark

This is what I've been thinking. Sure, the questline will take a crapton of time to complete, but it looks like basically everyone can pick up the quest at about the same time.

From what I've read so far, I see no reason why all my 2h melee won't have this item within a month of each other. NOT like Val'anyr, which only 1 person can work on at a time (if you want to ever complete it :P).
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by riccou
    You guys are being retarded. First, the saronite will be wayyyyy more than 1.5k on the AH, plus with how many peope trying to get these early on? Idk if you remember when crusader orbs first came out, I was lucky to get them for 3k each, now through in the fact that they are needed to get a legendary? Id say 5k or more at the least. Also stop thinking the day the patch hits that there will be a badge vendor where you can turn in badges for the saronite..it takes monthssss before that add that aspect into the game. Happend with runed orbs and crusader orbs...the only way for the first while to get these is from raids and from paying alot from the AH.
    You have to remember it will depend what kind of server you're on. If you're on a high pop server th saronites will be alot cheaper.

On my old server which was low pop, Crusader Orbs went for about 3-4k in the first month or so. But on my friends server (high pop) they were only 1.5-2k-ish.

Thankfully I have about 140k gold with about 40k in mats saved up

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Theorietically if all assumtions about shadowfrost shards are correct and all your guildies were willing to farm up their own primordial saronites. You could have 3-4 Shadowmournes in the guild completed the same day.
    Quote Originally Posted by accordianthief
    This is what I've been thinking. Sure, the questline will take a crapton of time to complete, but it looks like basically everyone can pick up the quest at about the same time.

From what I've read so far, I see no reason why all my 2h melee won't have this item within a month of each other. NOT like Val'anyr, which only 1 person can work on at a time (if you want to ever complete it :P).

This feels... odd to me; could this really be intended? Obviously, Blizzard doesn't have a problem with a guild having multiple legendaries (see: Val'anyr), but in such a short time frame? I think at least one of our assumptions must be wrong.

Has it been confirmed yet that everyone with the quest will be able to loot the shards?

I honestly dont think Blizz would do that, since you could have people with alot of gold getting it for offspec like the same month as your main spec 2hand dps'ers.

Example: I'm a holy pally with 100k gold. I just buy all the saronites and do the quest chain like the main spec dps'ers and get my Shadowmourne the same week/within a week of them.