Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

The Splintered Throne
    The Lich King's throne once served as his prison. Kil'jaeden himself crafted the vessel of icy crystals from the twisting nether. Its sole purpose was to hold Ner'zhul's vengeful spirit. When Arthas struck the crystal with Frostmourne, he released Ner'zhul's soul, allowing it to merge with with his own. Splinters from that impact are now scattered throughout the citadel.

I shall require those shards, held only by the Lich King's most powerful servants, to seal the power contained in your blade.
    HI2U waiting line. Grats GM and officers.

Its fine its not easy to obtain. It sucks however that a guild decides who gets Shadowmourne first in its guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno
    HI2U waiting line. Grats GM and officers.

Its fine its not easy to obtain. It sucks however that a guild decides who gets Shadowmourne first in its guild.
    The shards are listed as "quest items"...unlike the Ulduar hammer shards. Means that the shards won't start dropping until someone is on that quest. And, lots of speculation that they will behave like most other quest items...in that multiple people will be able to loot them. However, to even be ON this quest you have to defeat Sindragosa...the 2nd to last boss in ICC...which you only get a very limited amount of attempts at, AND you have to take multiple frost attacks from her...making the encounter more difficult for your raid...

Hardly in itself an easy task.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Deleted

This is SO the perfect weapon for a death knight.
    I think thats why blizzard made this weapon for DK's.
    The proof is there! Just accept it. I mean all these
    infusions. Unholy, frost and blood. Typical paladin things... not

I will look so hot on my DK with that weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Fragments don't have a increase drop rating with hard modes.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/item-info.xml?i=45038
    hi
    Leibowitz <Impervious> - Stormreaver US

I NEED THIS AXE!!!

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the video, Boub! I'm so freaking excited for ICC.

They should make a new class of items called Legendary + 1, make them pink (Legenfaries?) and people would "need" them. Legendaries are just nice to have, make some people feel special, but do not bestow God mode on a player. Just because you have 24 cool friends who help you get it doesn't mean you are a good player or anything special at PVP, so I wouldn't worry about gangs of legendary gankers in the BGs any time soon.

The great thing is that it will give the people who need their epeen stroking something else to do than fly over the well in Dalaran with their latest mounts

Only thing I hate about this is that it's going to be so long to get it that it will become obsolete very fast due to Cataclysm's release.

And I do hope that, just like Yogg-Saron's healing mace, most things you need to do in combat must be done in hard mode. No weapon like this should ever go to the hand of somebody not in the top players of this game.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

AND BAM!!!

After 4-5 weeks to farm Primordial Saronite and do the questline, Cataclysm is out and you got a better purple weapon without any efforts!!!

And I do hope that, just like Yogg-Saron's healing mace, most things you need to do in combat must be done in hard mode. No weapon like this should ever go to the hand of somebody not in the top players of this game.
    I disagree a bit. My idea would be to make 2 version of legendary. 10 & 25 mans and make it scalable with your caracter lvl to a maximum cap. So it would worth it to get one, instead of just swapping it shortly after with a purple weapon.

corrupted ashbringer voices > Shadowmourne lich king shit

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick
    Only thing I hate about this is that it's going to be so long to get it that it will become obsolete very fast due to Cataclysm's release.

Maybe it will be useful at least as long as TF was.

Thunderfury - Requires TWO rare drops, clearing of some instances you're doing anyway, and a large investment of time/money (at lvl 60 100 Arcanite was serious). Most guilds would not complete one in a year of Molten Core farming.

Sulfuras - Reuires a 1% drop, some tradable ingots and a somewhat expensive crafted component. At 1% on the eye around 50% of guilds would have the opportunity to make one after a year.

Ateish - Reuired a bunch of splinters which were common enough you could confidently get them while raiding as normal, then killing some bosses you were probably going to kill anyway. Limited only by how many times you were willing to run Naxx.

Warglaives - Just dropped, but rare and not as cool unless you got both.

Thori'Dal - Drop, boring, useless.

Val'Anyr - Collect fragments then do a semi-hard mode. Limited only by how determined your guild is to run ulduar every week.

Shadowmourne - Requires 25 of a tradable item, then raiding an instance you're going to be raiding anyway. I forsee every two-handed axe user at least being on this quest and if Cataclysm takes long enough, they'll all complete their Shadowmourne.

Having suffered the crushing disappointment on every kill of Baron Geddon waiting for the 2nd Binding, or Illidan being next in line for Warglaives... I simultaneously feel spiteful for what I've been through and optimistic that future legendaries will likely follow the Shadowmourne model for completion.
    World's 118th best Feral Cat.

Only me who thinks that it would be quite irritating to run around with that "drain soul" effect around your char 24/7?....

after heard it sometimes I notice one thing.....

will the last quest part be to take Arthas soul into the axe?
    and it is your "heart" that stop it from consume you?

and the quest feel like~ if you get past the first part's
    my question is everyone on the questline allowed to loot it? (quest loot) so a splinter shard can be given to every raider on that part? or 1000 souls?

well the time consuming is the best part, legendary is legendary, epic is way to common now

Cateclysm shit people talk about, we did still have thunderfury as one of top tank weapon after the TBC

Deleted

Hm, the Pre-Quest thingi sound intresting though

Are you fucking kidding me. Godamned i wish i'd choose a class that's able to get this weapon. This is Freakin pro lol.
    Give a caster weapon that's this pro.

Should have known they would get the Melee Legendary right - this game is so friggen bias.

Damn Shadowmourne looks awsome. Not too shiny and glamorous but still legendary enough to make you go "Oh shit, that guy has Shadowmourne.. RUN AND HIDE!" in battlegrounds.
    Still, i get this chilling feeling in my backbone that this is going to be too easily obtainable. I really hope this is not the case in terms of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by drsjohnny
    very awsome axe i've been getting my DPS set up on my warrior so i can get this axe and not just tank all of icecrown but DPS as well
    lol.. good luck getting Shadowmourne as an offspec weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Heppu
    Damn Shadowmourne looks awsome. Not too shiny and glamorous but still legendary enough to make you go "Oh shit, that guy has Shadowmourne.. RUN AND HIDE!" in battlegrounds.
    Still, i get this chilling feeling in my backbone that this is going to be too easily obtainable. I really hope this is not the case in terms of balance.
    They'll be quite a few...for about a month until Catacylsm hits...
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zowi
    Should have known they would get the Melee Legendary right - this game is so friggen bias.
    It's surprising they'd give a melee legendary on the same patch as the main guy of the expansion, which is a death knight.
    Vek'nilash/Skywall US