Re: Shadowmourne Preview, Comics

That soul visual effect is SOO COOL

GJ!

ps. wispers roox ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dcemuser
    Now easily the most badass legendary.

STACKING proc up to 400 STRENGTH - holy crap.
    Wonder if the stack actually removes the bonus strength after you do the AoE

Anyway I hope Hunters will get a Legendary with similiar visual effects and not just "magical arrows" effects that comes from shooting with a supposed Legendary bow

Quote Originally Posted by Bornams
    Since we have this awesome weapon i'm guessing that Frostmourne wont be obtainable or?
    They already said that...many times. No we will never be able to obtain frostmourne.

Also do you actually hear those whispers all the time you have Shadowmourne equipped? Or are these just the ICC whispers..like with Yogg.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Keep in mind that you will have to defeat the Lich King to claim the weapon and it will take months before the encounter is unlocked on live servers.
    Is this really correct?

According to the Wowhead PTR site, you get Shadowmourne and -then- get a quest to kill the Lich King. Having to kill the Lich King in order to get Shadowmourne would make very little sense since Mograine has you create the weapon to destroy the Lich in the first place.

Cool Axe, can't wait to start working on getting it.

In my opinion, I think it is kinda stupid you need to beat the Lich King to make the Axe that is (by quest line) supposed to help beat the Lich King. I am sure they could have made some difficult task to forge Shadowmourne without needing to beat the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske
    Cool Axe, can't wait to start working on getting it.

In my opinion, I think it is kinda stupid you need to beat the Lich King to make the Axe that is (by quest line) supposed to help beat the Lich King. I am sure they could have made some difficult task to forge Shadowmourne without needing to beat the Lich King.
    Maybe we can't kill the lich king. Except we have shadowmourne...and killing the lich king for real is actually the hard mode of the encounter (only possible by doing something awesome cool while at least one guy in the raid wears shadowmounre). Otherwise we lose..get rescued somehow and the ashen verdict goes "nice try, better luck next time..try some new lewts we found inside ICC, maybe you can do it with the help of that *chest appears as non-hardmode loot*"
    Well this would be too epic.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Am I missing something or will every Warrior,DK and Paladin have this weapon? What's the limiting factor here, I'm not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    Maybe we can't kill the lich king. Except we have shadowmourne...and killing the lich king for real is actually the hard mode of the encounter. Otherwise we lose..get rescued somehow and the ashen verdict goes "nice try, better luck next time..try some new lewts we found inside ICC, maybe you can do it with the help of that *chest appears as non-hardmode loot*"
    I doubt it, otherwise 10-man raiding guilds would be screwed over without a hard mode

and btw, the orc is a dk in warrior's armor ;D
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Maybe we can't kill the lich king. Except we have shadowmourne...and killing the lich king for real is actually the hard mode of the encounter (only possible by doing something awesome cool while at least one guy in the raid wears shadowmounre). Otherwise we lose..get rescued somehow and the ashen verdict goes "nice try, better luck next time..try some new lewts we found inside ICC, maybe you can do it with the help of that *chest appears as non-hardmode loot*"
    Well this would be too epic.
    Agreed. idd it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalx
    I doubt it, otherwise 10-man raiding guilds would be screwed over without a hard mode

and btw, the orc is a dk in warrior's armor ;D
    Damn...infusion part needs to be in 25 man, missed that

The orc could also be in non-set plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Khornn
    Am I missing something or will every Warrior,DK and Paladin have this weapon? What's the limiting factor here, I'm not seeing it.
    Same as all the other legendaries. Theoretically everyone will run around with the weapon. Practically...they won't because you have to raid pretty much. Hard-modes will probably play a role here and as much as people cry..no quest-blue/naxx equipped raid will kill the first trash in ICC.
    It will be as common as the ulduar hammer. Pretty common in hardcore guilds...less common (very rare) outside of this.
    Samin

I remember back when it was announced that we couldn't get frostmourne and we get this axe instead and everyone freaking out about a crappy legendary.

Now, arguably the coolest lorewise and visually legendary they made. GG blizz
    specs

Intel Core i5-760@4.0GHz
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

2 questions come to mind:

1) Do you need Shadow's Edge to start the quest? I'd assume so, but nowhere in the initial quests I see it as a requirement.
    2) Do you actually hear those whispers only when you have the axe? It sounds quite strange if that's the case, although if it is - that's actually great

Khornn - 25 primordial saronite will be quite hard to get if you are not actively raiding, not to mention some of the boss kills (which I'm sure at least some of them will be on hard modes).

You won't see every Warrior, DK and Paladin with it.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)

Ghostcrawler: Death knights are the only current Hero class, which means they are supposed to be the best class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Keep in mind that you will have to defeat the Lich King to claim the weapon and it will take months before the encounter is unlocked on live servers.
    You sure you have to kill the lich king to claim it?

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24748/t...gs-last-stand/ the last quest of the quest chain makes it out to seem you already have the axe, and you use it to kill the Lich King, i could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsavo
    those whispers are AWESOME
    /sign

first i was like :-\ about shadowmourne.
    now i am like

Quote Originally Posted by murdin123
    You sure you have to kill the lich king to claim it?

http://db.mmo-champion.com/q/24748/t...gs-last-stand/ the last quest of the quest chain makes it out to seem you already have the axe, and you use it to kill the Lich King, i could be wrong though.
    You enter the Frozen Throne.
    Morgraine welcomes you.
    Morgraine hands over Shadowmourne to you.
    You engage the bad guy.
    a) You fail at defeating the lich king, you are not worth wielding the weapon. Morgraine takes it away.
    b) You defeat the lich king with Shadowmourne, Morgraine congratulates you and you may now wield the weapon.
    Remember this one setback incident, I remember a similar fight mechanic. Legendaries for a single fight only.
    That's how it may work.

Quote Originally Posted by Schabernaq
    /sign
    I wonder how long it will take people to actually turn insane IRL by hearing the annoying voice all the time. It will stop being "awesome" soon after you wore this for a couple of days. (For everyone who played gothic 3..it's the same as with the flame sword burning noice)
    Samin

You enter the Frozen Throne.
    Morgraine welcomes you.
    Morgraine hands over Shadowmourne to you.
    You engage the bad guy.
    a) You fail at defeating the lich king, you are not worth wielding the weapon. Morgraine takes it away.
    b) You defeat the lich king with Shadowmourne, Morgraine congratulates you and you may now wield the weapon.
    Remember this one setback incident, I remember a similar fight mechanic. Legendaries for a single fight only.
    That's how it may work.
    You do that huge chain to assemble Shadowmourne before that though, surely Mograine won't just go "Okay, you made the cool axe, but we'll be keeping it until you kill the Lich!"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

The end of the PTR is near
    Made my skin crawl, in a good way

Quote Originally Posted by Marconius
    You do that huge chain to assemble Shadowmourne before that though, surely Mograine won't just go "Okay, you made the cool axe, but we'll be keeping it until you kill the Lich!"
    Yeah because he knows how dangerous this mighty weapon can be in the wrong hands (like in the hands of some weak being who is easily pulled to the "dark side" or some guy who is resurrected by the lich king).
    It's simple as that. (I still don't claim it will happen that way)
    Samin

Damn...infusion part needs to be in 25 man, missed that

The orc could also be in non-set plate.
    Same as all the other legendaries. Theoretically everyone will run around with the weapon. Practically...they won't because you have to raid pretty much. Hard-modes will probably play a role here and as much as people cry..no quest-blue/naxx equipped raid will kill the first trash in ICC.
    It will be as common as the ulduar hammer. Pretty common in hardcore guilds...less common (very rare) outside of this.
    the only limiting factor are the 25 Primordial Saronite? when thats true, it all comes down to gold. Primordial Saronite isn BoP and the new Crusader's Orb, they will be available in the auction house quickly. when Primordial Saronite will be the only limiting factor, and you dont have to kill bosses in hardmodes, then everyone will be running around with shadowmourne.

I think the devs did not do anything for over a week now.