Page 1 of 2
LastLast

When ya just wish people would listen

K, I by no means consider myself an elitist, ive been in top end guilds ever since I started raiding, and I enjoy the experience. I also don't mind "boosting" someone who is undergeared through heroics, I actually like a challenge of a barely def minimum tank with 25k running h UP or something, but recently I've come across superbly geared players, with no common sense. This is indeed a QQ thread, and I hope other people can share stories.

Yesterday I was queing for wintergrasp, normal daily routine. I see this shaman, looks pretty geared out, so i inspect him. Crafted ToC epic chest piece, bracers, uld25 boots and belt. Im impressed, the materials alone are expensive. Then I notice them gems......spirit gems...... So I message the guy "hey man, im not trying to police your class or anything, but you do know spirit is nay worthless for a shaman right?"

Shaman: "YEAH CUS I TOTALLY DONT WANT MANA REGEN NUB"
    Me: "Well yeah, but, shamans dont have a modifier like priests and druids, *links Meditiation and Intensity talents* "Like i said, Im not trying to tell you how to play, im just pointing out that you have great gear, and gems that may not give you thebest throughput"
    Shaman: "I NEED MANA REGEN ARE YOU STUPID, SPIRIT IS FOR MANA REGEN"
    Me: "ok.....if its so great for shamans, why doesnt ANY of the caster mail have it"
    Shaman: "NOOB"
    Me: "K....w/e"
    shaman has you on ignore.

Your turn!

15+ Year Old Account

Re: When ya just wish people would listen

I posted this in another thread, but I'll repeat it here because I still lol at it :P

Was doing an Ulduar 10 run, and right after killing the cat lady I got kicked out. Whispered the leader and got this.

Me: um...why did you kick me?
    Him: You didnt break 1800 dps throughout every boss so far. We only let you go this far because we thought it might have been bad luck.
    Me: You know I'm a tank right? And I didnt even have an issue with threat....
    Him: BS. My tank does 4k dps and has trouble with threat.
    Me: Um...what?
    Him has ignored you.

He's actually asked me to tank stuff since then though o.O

Deleted

This was spammed in Trade channel just a few days ago by -what else- a DeathKnight:

"Looking for more people to Onyxia 10. Need at least 4200 gearscore. Link [EPIC] and Ony12/25 achievement. I will inspect you at Alli bank in Dalaran."

after i dinged 80 with my alt (prot pala) i was full blue and i wanted to do heroics. I had around 27k hp and obviously I wasn't def capped (as far as i know, you need to be def capped only for raid bosses which are skull level).
    So I queue up for some heroics, I get invited into a group that was LF tank last spot, as soon as i join the following conv. takes place:
    Rogue - 27k are u serious ?
    Me - yes, i dinged 80 yesterday, what do u expect? i believe i am quite capable of tanking a heroic with this hp, trust me
    Rogue - lol noob
    You have been removed from the group.

Deleted

i once tried to convince a blood DK with full BiS ulduar gear to use DS instead of oblit. she was not specced for non-consuming oblit. i valiantly tried to explain her that DS is the blood DK FU strike. however, she did not understand. in the end, i sent her 3 ingame mails where i tried to explain it. she never responded.

Deleted

Went on a ToC25 pug last weekend and something in this category happened.

We more or less breezed through the Beasts and Jaraxxus. DPS was no issue, tanking and healing were good and everyone seemed to know what they had to do. And then came the lynchpin for all PuGs into the Trials. The Champions fight.

So the raidleader starts appointing jobs as if the fight itself is a textbook pvp combat against a handful of Horde players. Rogue (me) bug the disc-priest, warlocks banish that, hex this... All perfectly fine on paper.
    Obviously there is a wipe.

While we recover, 24 people state that we could do better if we remove both the HoT-spamming tree and the clothwearing priest first. Deny the other side two of their three healing classes. Then stomp the shaman and his stupid totems and only /then/ start with the guy he marked as skull the first time around. The discussion takes about ten minutes and we're almost all decided on that this is the better tactic for our raid setup. All except the raidleader who just literally repeats everything exactly the same as the first time.

So sure, I spend a couple of minutes doing the stunlock dance around the discipline priest, saving kicks for his holy spells until we lose two of our lesser-armoured classes and the enemy thinks I look like a tasty snack. One fear, a sheep and a cyclone later I find myself admiring the floor up close as well and the raid falls apart.

It looked like a PuG that could've survived the Valkyr and Noob too. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinter
    after i dinged 80 with my alt (prot pala) i was full blue and i wanted to do heroics. I had around 27k hp and obviously I wasn't def capped (as far as i know, you need to be def capped only for raid bosses which are skull level).
    So I queue up for some heroics, I get invited into a group that was LF tank last spot, as soon as i join the following conv. takes place:
    Me - yes, i dinged 80 yesterday, what do u expect? i believe i am quite capable of tanking a heroic with this hp, trust me
    Rogue - lol noob
    tanking is so fucking easy. just a shame the guy will never understand the irony of his reply.
    the ensidia ban was clever marketing

oh noes, someone is using engineering

sorry i read your first sentence and what i got out of it was. I'm not an elitist i'm just in the best guilds so i'm better then you my opinion matters.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

It's one of the few things that send me enrage, when someone look just retarded.

Like the countless times in pugs when I, or someone else say "avoid the fire when it pops". 5 people dead in the middle of the fires.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    sorry i read your first sentence and what i got out of it was. I'm not an elitist i'm just in the best guilds so i'm better then you my opinion matters.
    He's saying he's in a good guild, but not a douche about it. You, on the other hand...

How else would you convey to a reader base that you know what you're talking about, without being cocky? That's part of the point of his story.

Edit: On topic. A priest in a guild on one of my alts was gemmed for attack power...at level 80. How you get that far and think along those lines is beyond me, and needless to say, it took 3 people about 2 days of explaining game mechanics to get her in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinter
    Rogue - lol noob
    The reason for this is because at this level in the game. most plate wearing DPS are @ 30k hp unbuffed. as a tank i am @ 42k hp unbuffed. this far into the game ppl wanna run n get things done fast.

with a tank that has 27k hp, not only are u having to worry about him doing small slow pulls, but the dps will most likely tear threat off you almost instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    The reason for this is because at this level in the game. most plate wearing DPS are @ 30k hp unbuffed. as a tank i am @ 42k hp unbuffed. this far into the game ppl wanna run n get things done fast.

with a tank that has 27k hp, not only are u having to worry about him doing small slow pulls, but the dps will most likely tear threat off you almost instantly
    As long as they stick to the kill target, taunt CD's are short enough to prevent 'most' of the aggro pulling from gear difference. His point was he could be the best tank that rogue ever meets, and the instance could go both fast and perfectly, and he was kicked regardless. I'm a fan of trying people out before judging, but I understand where you're coming from - after running countless heroics that failed, you almost never feel like taking a long time in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatonlb
    He's saying he's in a good guild, but not a douche about it. You, on the other hand...

How else would you convey to a reader base that you know what you're talking about, without being cocky? That's part of the point of his story.

Edit: On topic. A priest in a guild on one of my alts was gemmed for attack power...at level 80. How you get that far and think along those lines is beyond me, and needless to say, it took 3 people about 2 days of explaining game mechanics to get her in the right direction.
    or he simply could of said i met this shaman and we had this conversation, anyone else have others like it?
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

you sir are a fag,
    my story was when i was doing an ony10 run and i suggested us trying the SPEED RUN by losing a healer and picking up my friend who does 8k dps. the leader said he didnt wanna waste time and kicked me.... lol wtf?

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    It's one of the few things that send me enrage, when someone look just retarded.

Like the countless times in pugs when I, or someone else say "avoid the fire when it pops". 5 people dead in the middle of the fires.
    In a PuG on ToC normal, a MAGE died 2 times on the poison "Don't stand on it" thingy the dwarf rogue does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idh1yr1SJNA

One of my best is, I was tanking ZF, and the healer and his dps friend left, because I dared to mark mobs... funny story...
    Correlation does not imply causation.

So was doing the heroic daily on my lock alt who has been fabulously lucky in VoA and sporting 2 T8.5, Ony 25 helm, and 2 T9 (sitting around with ilvl 180 blue boots).

So hop into this group with an ele shaman, a fire mage, resto druid and unholy DK (yeah this should have tipped me off but he had 35k unbuffed hp and full gems / chants). So we start the fight (VH) and right away I notice that the DKs threat is pretty terrible, pull off him once or twice on portal guardians and have to burn my soul shatter early. Click on him and notice that hes in unholy presence, well it's rather embarrassing but not unheard of I've got a tank DK and once or twice forgot to shift into frost so I kindly remind him.

/w Hey you're in Unholy presence
    /him Duh I'm an Unholy DK
    /w ... very funny swap over to frost

no change, first boss shows up he’s the core hound guy (lol easymode tank n spank right?) WRONG. I pull off the DK right off the bat with a CB / Conflag double crit, pop soul shatter, mage gets agro iceblock / invis, ele shaman gets agro DK gets it back I pull agro again 5 seconds later with CB / Conf comes back up.

/shaman that sucked how come agro was so terrible[me=Haxxored]THE DK WONT GO FROST PRESENCE[/me]
    /dk I'm an Unholy tank DKs can tank with any tree any presence read up on the class[me=Haxxored]YOUR A %#$*ING IDIOT YOU NEED FROST PRESENCE FOR YOUR THREAT / AMROR BOOST[/me]
    <you have been removed from group>
    /w dk teach you to tell me how to play my class.
    /w dk invest in some -threat chants / gems[me=Haxxored]you moron the mage and shaman pulled off you as well how do you think its going to be any different next time[/me]
    <dkarthasdk has ignored you>
    Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne
    mongoloid?! wtf is that, you sound like a festeezio(see i can make up words too)

Quote Originally Posted by CeberusTheDK
    when hordies come to "play" in goldshire and when noobs try to "help." Every time they rez they get one-shotted by some arena junkie faggot who are over compensating all over people who don't know better. I tell them to wait until they are unflagged before they rez, they don't listen they rez anyway. I try to explaining to them how the world PvP system works on a PvE sever to them, but they're too stupid to understand it. It's kinda sad to see some newbie get camped by some douche in full arena gear. I don't know why I bother, when they're too dumb to listen. -.-
    Think about it as a way of rooting out future huntards/retardins.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by CeberusTheDK
    when hordies come to "play" in goldshire and when noobs try to "help." Every time they rez they get one-shotted by some arena junkie faggot who are over compensating all over people who don't know better. I tell them to wait until they are unflagged before they rez, they don't listen they rez anyway. I try to explaining to them how the world PvP system works on a PvE sever to them, but they're too stupid to understand it. It's kinda sad to see some newbie get camped by some douche in full arena gear. I don't know why I bother, when they're too dumb to listen. -.-

you just gave this Hordie one of the best ideas he's ever had.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN