Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    And this is why I changed my major from Software Engineering to Chemical Engineering.
    LOL. In my first year, it was common for all undergraduate engineers to take a programming subject in C. I got 50 and I moved on. Now all I need to use for mechanical engineering is MATLAB, and for the same reason I got 50 for that programming subject, all the code I write now consists of nested 'for' loops. Now THAT is bad programming. To the OP: Kudos for trying to help the community.

Oh god... Matlab... Frickin hideous program (this has nothing to do with me being dreadful at coding wondering why I always ended up with infinite loops then realising a single fucking semi-colon was missing at line 21)

I just ended up using Maple.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate View Post
    Did you really have to quote his WHOLE POST just to say that stupid line?

Jesus Christ, you are an idiot.
    Thanks for the love

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavelos View Post
    Thanks for the work.
    You could copy and paste the code as he presented it into a text file, and install a pascal compiler and run it yourself. http://www.freepascal.org/ for example.
    i'm afraid this won't work - this code uses internal PabcNet library called GraphABC (first string: 'uses graphabc').

p.s. i've quit WoW 2 months ago, was surprised to see my thread on the MMO's main page in the forumbox)
    p.p.s. as soon as i'll find the prog on my pc i'll mirror it somewhere in addition to Rapid link
    p.p.p.s. maybe i'll convert it to the C# .Net application - maybe it'll be done today or tomorrow.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    It's attitudes like yours that make these forums less enjoyable every day. I don't recall anywhere in his post did he say hey help me with my coding. He wrote a simple tool to do a simple job if you don't like it don't use it but don't flame him on offering something to people free of charge. Who cares how you would have coded it you didn't so your opinion is null and void leave the guy alone.

/endrant

Good small app does what it's intended to not perfect but gives you a great idea without breaking out spreadsheets I'm not holy and even I used it just to see the accuracy.
    It's attitudes like your that make the forums less enjoyable every day. I don't recall anywhere in his post where he said, critique my post about offering programming hints&tips. He wrote a simple response to help the OP build cleaner code that is more easily read by anyone and not filled with redundant bloat. If you don't like people freely offering assistance to others then skip to the next post, but don't flame him for offering something to someone else free of charge. There are lots of people that pay money to be taught that kind of stuff. Who cares if you didn't want him to provide help to the OP, he wasn't talking to you, so your opinion is null and void. Leave the guy alone.

/endrant.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    And guys, this post is about a tool someone made. It's not about "OMGOSH HE MADE A SYNTAXX ERROR AT LINE #26" or whatever. It's a simple tool, to do a simple job. If he decided to make it readable, and made an error in doing so, just point it out kindly. It's also not about always making the code follow conventions. Yes, i agree there's a reason for them, and yes, i agree they usually need to be followed, but for "homebrew" projects such as this one, messy code really isn't something worth yelling at the author about.
    What?? He didn't yell at the author. No where in that post was there anything close to an "OMGOSH HE MADE A SYNTAXX ERROR AT LINE #26". I've seen people respond to the ubiquitous wall-o-text with an "my eyes are bleeding" all the time. It doesn't mean there is yelling, it's a simple, and yes, sarcastic response in good humor to suggest that there are better ways to format what you writing in a public forum. Not only that, then he went on to detail ways that could be used to improve the code. The flaming that fishbean has received by all you "defenders of the innocent" for simply trying to help the author has gone WAY beyond any presumed flaming fishbean did.

Now feel free to flame me for flaming folks that are flaming a guy just trying to help by flaming another guy that is just trying to help.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It's attitudes like your that make the forums less enjoyable every day. I don't recall anywhere in his post where he said, critique my post about offering programming hints&tips. He wrote a simple response to help the OP build cleaner code that is more easily read by anyone and not filled with redundant bloat. If you don't like people freely offering assistance to others then skip to the next post, but don't flame him for offering something to someone else free of charge. There are lots of people that pay money to be taught that kind of stuff. Who cares if you didn't want him to provide help to the OP, he wasn't talking to you, so your opinion is null and void. Leave the guy alone.

/endrant.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 03:13 PM ----------

What?? He didn't yell at the author. No where in that post was there anything close to an "OMGOSH HE MADE A SYNTAXX ERROR AT LINE #26". I've seen people respond to the ubiquitous wall-o-text with an "my eyes are bleeding" all the time. It doesn't mean there is yelling, it's a simple, and yes, sarcastic response in good humor to suggest that there are better ways to format what you writing in a public forum. Not only that, then he went on to detail ways that could be used to improve the code. The flaming that fishbean has received by all you "defenders of the innocent" for simply trying to help the author has gone WAY beyond any presumed flaming fishbean did.

Now feel free to flame me for flaming folks that are flaming a guy just trying to help by flaming another guy that is just trying to help.
    You decipher his attitude how you want and I will how I want I didn't see anything fun and sarcastic good humor related. What I saw was rude harsh and over criticizing someones attempt at helping people.

However since apparently you don't know the difference starting a reply by saying " Thanks for your work, Can I give you some suggestions to improve your own code? " would have come off 100% different then immediately jumping down someones throat for how they formatted something which is what we saw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    So, c# version is released now! Feel free to criticize it :-)

p.s. since i'm bored now - you can request any wow-related application to be written =) (but i will need the most concrete task possible - i can't make the program with one 'make me feel awesome' button ;-) )
    p.p.s. Synthaxx, i moved the pascal code into the [quote] tag, because it seemed wall'o'text-like without it.
    Last edited by Dantrag; 2010-07-20 at 06:04 PM. Reason: found minor bug, 2.0 files were reuploaded.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison