10+ Year Old Account

ShockAndAwe FPS problem

Anyone else getting the SUPER drop in FPS with the newly updated ShockAndAwe? My fps goes from 70 to about 15 as a soon as i turn on the priority frame. And if i log out and back in all my settings are reset to default. Am I the only one with this problem? And if so can someone help me fix it? would be much appreciated!

Re: ShockAndAwe FPS problem

Happened to me 2, installed it using wow matrix and got the version 5.20, try get an older version, like 5.10, fixed it for me atleast

10+ Year Old Account

where might i be able to find an older version of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger
    where might i be able to find an older version of it?
    At the internet, my friend.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ad/396420.aspx

yee.... your fps is 70 alright...thats kinda cool since maximum is 60

There is no Actual max... if you have Vert Sync enabled on it will max out at your monitors refresh rate. With that disabled your graphics card will do its best. For instance currently i am fluctuating between 300-340FPS. Granted that's in SW but still.

Capping your FPS to 60 ( Which is what i generally do) is a possibility (/console maxfps 60) or keeping vert sync enabled helps prevent shearing or seeing scan lines if your Graphics card is out performing your monitors refresh rate.
    The only thing i know is that i know nothing

Deleted

Hmmm interesting - hadn't noticed that myself at all.

What is your language your client is in? Can you post a ticket with the details please as I'll need to priority fix that as soon as I can, so the more details you give me the better.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Getting the same problem over here, a prepostorous FPS drop, coupled with a cute error:

" AceLocale-3.0: ShockAndAwe: Missing entry for 'Stormstrike if no Debuff' "

From what i read about, it's the priority system giving those bugs, but since i was in the middle of a totgc25 anub run when i updated it, i just reverted back to 5.10, told my CL i had to relog, and carried on with the raid.

English (European) client here!

Had the same problems with the new 5.2.0 from the Curse Client.
    Went back to 5.1.0, and everything was fine.

Things i noticed when i loged in with 5.2.0 the first time:
    - 3000+ LUA errors
    - No priority frame shown
    - Priority frame choice 3 to 6 were empty in the default config
    - All settings were gone

Changed all settings to the way i like it again, relogged, and all settings were gone again. ^^

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuspt
    Getting the same problem over here, a prepostorous FPS drop, coupled with a cute error:

" AceLocale-3.0: ShockAndAwe: Missing entry for 'Stormstrike if no Debuff' "

From what i read about, it's the priority system giving those bugs, but since i was in the middle of a totgc25 anub run when i updated it, i just reverted back to 5.10, told my CL i had to relog, and carried on with the raid.

English (European) client here!
    THIS is the sort of error report I like, clean simple and to the point. The error could be the key culprit, however I'm at work and unable to test it.

It should have been "Stormstrike if no debuff" not "Stormstrike if no Debuff"!!!

Fixed in v5.22 can you give me a heads up if that fixes it please. Hopefully the packager will bundle up the new version and stick it on Curse.com very soon. I committed the change almost an hour ago and still no sign of it on Curse.com

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Levva
    THIS is the sort of error report I like, clean simple and to the point. The error could be the key culprit, however I'm at work and unable to test it.

It should have been "Stormstrike if no debuff" not "Stormstrike if no Debuff"!!!

Fixed in v5.22 can you give me a heads up if that fixes it please. Hopefully the packager will bundle up the new version and stick it on Curse.com very soon. I committed the change almost an hour ago and still no sign of it on Curse.com
    Version 5.21 fixes the FPS breakdown for me. However, it still has the stromstrike error.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Shockandawe 5.23 fixes everything.

Good job!

Deleted

V5.24 should apply the same fix for those using non-English clients.