Best scorch spec

What's the best mage scorch spec(Improved Scorch 3/3)?

Re: Best scorch spec

It's:

18/51/00 Fireball spec (+2 talentpoint wherever you want them). OR
    00/51/18 Frostfire spec (+2 talentpoint whever you want them).

Personally I prefer the spec:
    Force a warlock to spec Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Troskarin
    Personally I prefer the spec:
    Force a warlock to spec Demo.
    lol.

Anyway, the first spec he listed would be your best choice for single target, the second is better for aoe. I'm actually not sure where arcane-scorch is on the dps list nowadays, but it may be above FFB.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Arcane with scorch is at the bottom of the "list", if you're going arcane go full blown arcane. Your fire spec of choice really depends on what content you're pushing, if your guild is forcing you to pick a fire spec and you're in the lower 4 of ToTGC25 I'd to TTWFB, but on anub I'd pick FFB, no questions asked. In addition to that, if your guild isn't up to ToTGC25 yet, I would probably pick TTWFB because in the earlier instances there are not many fights that 100% depend on aoe, save 0 light yogg or some other fights that are pretty trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Miniafroftw
    Your fire spec of choice really depends on what content you're pushing, if your guild is forcing you to pick a fire spec and you're in the lower 4 of ToTGC25 I'd to TTWFB, but on anub I'd pick FFB, no questions asked.
    Maybe I've been out of it too long, but why is FFB good on anub? I was under the impression that FFB was a terrible spec now that t8/t9 gear is readily available (from heroics, no less) - that's about the point where FFB's scaling problems drag it behind FB/TTW, as I recall.

My favored spec: Force the lock to go Destro with 5/5 ISB and make him SB once every 30 seconds (it's less of a DPS loss for the lock than it is for the mage last I checked, as SB is in their DPS priorities anyway - even if it's pretty low down) or wait until 3.3 for nummy frost specs.

FFB on Anub is great for the AoE of the adds as well as placing Living Bomb on them. You would normally have 4 adds that are dragged under Anub and you LB them all and AoE them with Blizzard so the boss and they all get hit by all the LB's and the Blizzard at the same time.

It's the only fight in ToGC that requires any AoE... there for Arcane is pretty much fail and TTW isnt as good as FFB

If I'm not mistaken, according to Simcraft (if that's anything you like to go off):

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...ampleOutputPTR

Arcane/scorch is higher than fireball or frostfire.

Quote Originally Posted by KresnikHellfire
    If I'm not mistaken, according to Simcraft (if that's anything you like to go off):

http://code.google.com/p/simulationc...ampleOutputPTR

Arcane/scorch is higher than fireball or frostfire.
    Note that this is a 53/18 spec, but it is using optimal dps rotation and not keeping scorch up.

If you're also going to keep scorch up, it's more beneficial for those scorch casts if you're fire specced. A 20/51 spec would almost certainly overtake arcane-scorch then.