I'm bored leveling as Demon.

I'm looking for a spec that is new and exciting. I wanna drop mobs before they touch me.

Help me make this lock fun again.
    "if i seem to be getting smaller ... its because i'm leaving"

Re: I'm bored leveling as Demon.

Checking the forums...like the lock lvling guide...might be a good idea. We don't make playing the toon fun, try something different spec wise. Everyone has different personal preferences, but we aren't here to babysit and make the game fun for you.
    Destro crits are such a gamble for aggro sometimes....I find myself always saying, "Big crits no wammies...BIG CRITS NO WAMMIES"

I leveled 60->80 as destro before I hit 70 I was crit'in 6-7k Chaos Bolts.
    If you want to drop scrubs quickly and efficiently go destro 60-80

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    Destro is viable, but be warned, you will be a glass canon.

So I went Destro, got a common spec/Glyphs and did 2 levels in Outland with it. I'm missing a bit but I figure a little hit rating will help that.

I love the 3 button kills. I know some people will get bored with that, but I personally like mobs to drop within 4 casts.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK
    quickly: yes
    efficiently: no

Destro doesn't have an efficient way to restore HP and you tend to 'overkill' things. Affliction is FAR more efficient and far more resilient and then efficiency and resilience allows you to pull a lot more mobs at once than you could as destro which means that even though destro can kill 1 mob faster than affliction, affliction can kill 10 mobs MUCH faster than destro.

If you are looking for something more exciting than demo to level, then you can go destro for big crits, which can be exciting or you can go affliction and pull tons of mobs and solo nearly every group quest without breaking a sweat.

Go destro if u wanna have fun.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx

Destro doesn't have an efficient way to restore HP and you tend to 'overkill' things. Affliction is FAR more efficient and far more resilient and then efficiency and resilience allows you to pull a lot more mobs at once than you could as destro which means that even though destro can kill 1 mob faster than affliction, affliction can kill 10 mobs MUCH faster than destro.

If you are looking for something more exciting than demo to level, then you can go destro for big crits, which can be exciting or you can go affliction and pull tons of mobs and solo nearly every group quest without breaking a sweat.
    /Win

The only problem with affliction is... not enough mobs around :P
    Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken. Quack.

Quote Originally Posted by Merckx

Actually, if I kill a mob with 3-4 spells an move on by the time and affliction lock has killed his 10 I've killed 15+.

Also I can heal myself for a decent amount with Soul leech.

well the poster on top of me, i leveled from lvl 1-80 doing destro only, and i had fun all the way, i would also be able to pull 10 mobs and kill them in no time.
    so yeah i agree that with affliction you just press 3-4 buttons on every mob and they die, but with destro u can nuke them all, plus having to actually move around and get far from the mobs is more fun than having all 10 of them hitting you and you not losing life.

in the end its just like this:

1) if you like big crits and nuke everything go destro
    2) if you like being unkillable (by players) go affliction
    3) if you want to 3 shot players go destro
    4) if you wanna kill people without losing life then affliction

but in the end its really your choise.
    just remember M.M.O.R.P.G -- Many Men Online Role Playing as Girls.

a dps dies, raids goes: "meh is just a dps"
    a healer dies, raid goes: "OH SHIZ A HEALER DIED!!"

Quote Originally Posted by gstone
    well the poster on top of me, i leveled from lvl 1-80 doing destro only, and i had fun all the way, i would also be able to pull 10 mobs and kill them in no time.
    so yeah i agree that with affliction you just press 3-4 buttons on every mob and they die, but with destro u can nuke them all, plus having to actually move around and get far from the mobs is more fun than having all 10 of them hitting you and you not losing life.

I am enjoying Destro way more then Afflic and Demon. Afflic may be unkillable but its boring and repetitive. With Desto I get those big crits that make it exciting..

Quote Originally Posted by DuskwoodElemental
    I am enjoying Destro way more then Afflic and Demon. Afflic may be unkillable but its boring and repetitive. With Desto I get those big crits that make it exciting..
    that is why my chiose was destro i love that spec and i will always use it to nuke ppl with my awesome crits of 15k-20k
    just remember M.M.O.R.P.G -- Many Men Online Role Playing as Girls.

a dps dies, raids goes: "meh is just a dps"
    a healer dies, raid goes: "OH SHIZ A HEALER DIED!!"

Destro is fast killing.Affli is good on solo
    You can't use this while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by gstone

Everything in that statement except for pretty much number 1 has exceptions to the rule. It's a little thing called experience and geared players....if those are involved 2-4 are bullshit unless you're playing against noobs or idiots (both are close to the same).
    Destro crits are such a gamble for aggro sometimes....I find myself always saying, "Big crits no wammies...BIG CRITS NO WAMMIES"

I'm leveling as affliction right now with no heirloom items and with a voidwalker.

I usually pull 2 or 3 things at once and end the fight very very close to full health and full mana. The only time i need to rest is if I pull too much and die.

15+ Year Old Account

Post from the leveling guide:

"Gherkin, I have a problem. Looting all of hellfire peninsula takes too much time - longer than actually killing everything. Any suggestions?"

R.I.P. YARG

well personally i liked lvling demo but for what your asking go destro.

p.s you might have some mana issues but you'll kill very fast
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)