Poll: Do you think factions should be combined in Bgs / WG !

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Combine Horde and Alliance in BGs / WG

Ive been playing wow on and off for a few years and have noticed that bgs (and now wintergrasp aswell) is never a balanced affair.

Im still getting games that start 15vs8 , some factions get stuck with 10-15 min ques and wintergrasp can be a 5 vs 100 battle. The solution? throw all que'd players into a random draw and split teams evenly. Srsly wow can pretend there is some big open war between the alliance and horde but everything in-game contradicts that anyway. In most pve events alliance and horde work together , on most pve servers alliance and horde help each other at times. Even on pvp servers i see it happen frequently. Seriously i hate some races of my own faction more than some of the enemy factions races !!! , this in itself is reason enough.

Basically doing this would eliminate the "omg horde always win av" and "My server never wins winter-grasp QQ". I admit with regards to winter-grasp some fiddling would be required to keep the buff for winning applied fairly. But bgs would be an easy thing to fix with this.

My final point? well ive seen a crap ton of people xfer to the other faction since the option became available. Many suggest its because on their battlegroup , their faction never wins bgs and the whole experience is maddening. I am privy to be in a situation where i have both alliance and horde chars on such a server and one side has massive ques while the other never wins =/.

Re: Combine Horde and Alliance in BGs / WG

kinda defeats the basic purpose of the BGs to begin with. faction vs faction combat.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

My final point? well ive seen a crap ton of people xfer to the other faction since the option became available. Many suggest its because on their battlegroup , their faction never wins bgs and the whole experience is maddening. I am privy to be in a situation where i have both alliance and horde chars on such a server and one side has massive ques while the other never wins =/.

While this IS a big problem on many servers at the moment, yours sadly is not the right solution.
    Naaren, Savior of Azeroth

when I was a little kid, my mother told me not to stare unto the Sun...
    ...so once when I was six, I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Luztra
    kinda defeats the basic purpose of the BGs to begin with. faction vs faction combat.
    I dunno but after the way they ruined AV and made wsg + ab more "honor grind" friendly , i kinda stopped caring about that. Well actually i stopped caring when i saw bloodelfs were teamed up with orcs / trolls and taurens. That really killed any sort of faction-ship for me.

No
    hahaha. no.

blood elves teamed up with orcs/trolls/taurens because there was no one else for them to team up with. they weren't going to side with humans, because it was humans that betrayed them (see: arthas)

blood elves teamed up with orcs/trolls/taurens because there was no one else for them to team up with. they weren't going to side with humans, because it was humans that betrayed them (see: arthas)
    Ive read the lore , i found it stupid. Don't get me wrong , i play largely alliance and don't want those queers on alliance ether. But yeah there is really no reason for alliance and horde to hate each other in the game. I mean 95% of players here flame varians character because he doesn't seem to want peace.

What im trying to say is , once apon a time it was kinda good vs evil corrupted orcs. Now its just Red vs Blue and with people faction xfering all the time, i think alotta players feel the same lack of loyalty to their previous and new factions. I wouldn't suggest this kinda thing if the lore supported a popular faction vs faction war. But it simply doesn't imho and from what ive read it is reflected in many posts.

Just to give some perspective...

I've played an MMORPG with strong factions (WoW) and one with technically no factions, but voluntary and sometimes temporary alliances (AoC). In that regard, the "factionless" MMO is SO much more fun.

You roll into a town to find it being assaulted by a group of D-bags trying to kill quest givers and quest doers. Do you side with the defenders, or help the assaulting forces to smash them? You encounter someone who's in an epic battle with a mob, do you stop to help, keep going, or kick him while he's down? (you can do that encountering ANYONE, not just opposite faction)

Plus, you get to communicate with everyone on your server, engage in diplomacy on all levels, negotiate alliances or engage in wars.

There is WAY more potential in a faction-less system, trust me.

1)Please stop making the same retarded topics all over again and again and again and again.

2)Get a clue about the lore? Or just go play WC3ROC/TFT, seriously, get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Accuser.
    Just to give some perspective...

I've played an MMORPG with strong factions (WoW) and one with technically no factions, but voluntary and sometimes temporary alliances (AoC). In that regard, the "factionless" MMO is SO much more fun.

You roll into a town to find it being assaulted by a group of D-bags trying to kill quest givers and quest doers. Do you side with the defenders, or help the assaulting forces to smash them? You encounter someone who's in an epic battle with a mob, do you stop to help, keep going, or kick him while he's down? (you can do that encountering ANYONE, not just opposite faction)

Plus, you get to communicate with everyone on your server, engage in diplomacy on all levels, negotiate alliances or engage in wars.

There is WAY more potential in a faction-less system, trust me.
    ya, Lineage2 was pretty much epic win on this aspect

ya, Lineage2 was pretty much epic win on this aspect
    I know this isn't tech an mmo but its an morpg......... diablo 2 was epic!!!!

I think he had a good point. I mean if you see a bunch of members of your own faction doing something against your ethical code , do you just help them because they are your faction? most people don't and shouldn't. But honestly who takes time to talk lore in bgs? all i see is some fun senseless carnage. The currency of honor itself is a kinda flawed name. You could call it squango's and people wouldn't care.

15+ Year Old Account

I would much prefer cross-faction raiding. That would be fun!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present