Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Ashbringer - For the Lore Kind

Quote Originally Posted by Sony
    The best way to understand and follow the Lore of thr Ashbringer, Watch this movie machima and on youtube, just follow, part 2, part 3 and etc you get it.

Enjoy

The first Part shows the fight and how they found the crystal and also how they cleansed it. Really nice movie, a must watch for all Wow players.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fozx0...eature=related

Tales of the Past is stupid. All it is is Naruto meets DBZ meets WoW. This thread had some potential until you dragged that in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    It's important to remember that Blizzard kindof seems to wish that they could retcon everything involving the Ashbringer and Naxx in EPL, because it's obvious they weren't ready for that part of their story to conclude, and realized too late that they had jumped the gun on it. If you keep up to speed with the comic, they have even retconned Atiesh, because Garona is now 'in lore' considered to be the one who went through the labors of reassembling it so that Med'an could wield it.

I've just kindof accepted at this point that 'oh shit, Naxx 60 never happened.' It's only briefly mentioned once during the death knight starter zone, and very haphazardly in a letter that basically says 'it just started moving, and then poof, Naxx was gone, hooray!'
    In my own little world i like to think that WoW isnt canon, but thats just me, and its not true anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably farming Leather to fund my mount habit

Since seeing the event in COT Escape from Durnhold keep, I always wondered what the Naruu made if the thought of one of the greatest forces of good on Azeroth running about with a blade made of one of there "dead" brethren.
    Proud member of the "Who cares about no beta, Cataclysm's out now" club.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall
    Tales of the Past is stupid. All it is is Naruto meets DBZ meets WoW. This thread had some potential until you dragged that in here.
    Add in horiffically-bad voice acting done by people that sound like they're in middle school, really, really bad dialogue ("Arthas! God is pissed at you!"), a character that's such a blatant Gary Stu it's painful, and a storyline that's so bland and predictable I could guess the next plot "twist" is with the sound off, I'm surprised that thing is as remotely popular as it is. It reminds me of Eragon.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Tales of the Past sucked...a lot. Tried to watch it once before. Just... no. But I have to say, Eragon was worse, because that was actually GOOD beforehand. A DBZ style lich king smackdown is just a bad idea from the start.

On topic, I agree that the Ashbringer probably won't see much use after Arthas, because I am with the opinion that Bolvar 'lavaman' Fordragon will assume the new duties of the Lich King, and keep them in line so they won't need to be pwned in the face by Tirion anymore.

I think that something epic should happen with the Ashbringer, eg: remember the frostmourne room? I agree that we will probably get our souls sucked in there. I hope that Tirion's does too, and he uses the Ashbringer to get us out, and some other souls Arthas ate, like Uther's or Terenas's, something like that. Then after this happens, as like a phase transition, Arthas gets mad and destroys the Ashbringer, which causes an explosion of Light that brings the people whos souls got freed back to life. Because, you know, even if Uther's soul were to come back, he'd still be dead. But it would be SO cool to have Uther + Tirion jump Arthas and kick the crap out of him! Or at least weaken him so we can do it, and then credit them in the lore :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan
    Inscription: Flying Parchment: Similar to Flying Carpet, only it looks like the Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahk
    Tales of the Past sucked...a lot. Tried to watch it once before. Just... no. But I have to say, Eragon was worse, because that was actually GOOD beforehand. A DBZ style lich king smackdown is just a bad idea from the start.
    I don't really remember Eragon ever being good. It was always just LotR with Star Wars' plot and a blatant Stu main character for me, the following two books just confirmed that Paolini is a hack that puts the worst Michael Bay movie to shame.
    This line will not change of my own volition until Knaak stops screwing Warcraft Lore to write more bad fanfics.

Thanks Amuno!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Izhara
    Add in horiffically-bad voice acting done by people that sound like they're in middle school, really, really bad dialogue ("Arthas! God is pissed at you!"), a character that's such a blatant Gary Stu it's painful, and a storyline that's so bland and predictable I could guess the next plot "twist" is with the sound off, I'm surprised that thing is as remotely popular as it is. It reminds me of Eragon.
    Regardless of all your negative comments, it's still the most popular wow machinima for a effing reason: The editing is well done and the voice over and music apparently is better than that of most machinima out there. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by NaitFury
    Regardless of all your negative comments, it's still the most popular wow machinima for a effing reason: The editing is well done and the voice over and music apparently is better than that of most machinima out there. gg.
    That's like saying Wesley Crusher is the most popular ensign in Star Trek. The editing is good, but not great. The voice overs are godawful, even Chronicle of the Annoying Quest has better voices. The music is... meh. And it's one of the most popular WoW machinima? Big deal. Go run around a server, and pick out how many people there are playing a blood elf with a weeaboo name. Popular doesn't always mean good. Just look at Twilight.

Thanks Amuno!

That's like saying Wesley Crusher is the most popular ensign in Star Trek. The editing is good, but not great. The voice overs are godawful, even Chronicle of the Annoying Quest has better voices. The music is... meh. And it's one of the most popular WoW machinima? Big deal. Go run around a server, and pick out how many people there are playing a blood elf with a weeaboo name. Popular doesn't always mean good. Just look at Twilight.
    The best part is that the music is from other movies and Naruto.

And spot on comparing it to Twilight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rspec
    It will, it wont have any purpose once the Scourge is defeated
    As long as frostmourne exists The ashbringer shall exist to counter it

You take that back Wesley Crusher sucks and everybody knows it. Nobody likes him.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    You take that back Wesley Crusher sucks and everybody knows it. Nobody likes him.
    Not even the actor (who regularly assassinated the character in his blog).

Thanks Amuno!

i suppose we'll figure out eventually. they worked so hard on that lore. I'm sticking with the theory that it's a naruu or Naruu artifact (they mentioned ata'mal crystals, that could work)

maybe when he smites the lich king with it, a naruu bursts out and gives us a cool speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I believe that the crystal that Alexandros found that eventually became Ashbringer is the Ata'mal Crystal known as Brilliant Star, which I believe to have been corrupted by the warlocks. It was lost on Draenor, taken from Velen by the orcs, so it could very well be possible.
    "The reign of a nation is infinite, where as the leader is finite."
    -The Commander