Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

100k Tanks in Cata?

Right now I can hit about 48K fully raid buffed and I know there are some peeps out there over 50k, maybe well over. I'm expecting some of the fully ICC geared tanks are gona push 60k..

With that said, Cata is gona have to step it up.

Do you think tanks will push 100k fully buffed by the end of cata?

Speak!

Re: 100k Tanks in Cata?

Probably not 100k, but I'd guess around 80k-85k should be quite doable, remember that this time around we "only" get 5 more levels and i don't think they'll go that overboard with stamina increases.

i hope not, it seems like too much. Of course, at the begining of wrath i felt that 28k was too much lol.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

i think they will cause HP values always increase exponentially (they aren't just multiplied by 2 at the end of each exp) most likely 100k will be reached by the end of cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    In short, go back to heroics, farm some t10, get hit capped, learn to gem, get real professions, read the sticky, then delete your toon, mail me your gold, and pick up Aion.

Once upon a time...

YES.

The end.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

I hope they increase stamina more than they did from TBC -> WOTLK.

Even with only 5 more talent points some scary hybrid DPS builds open up for most classes.

Bring on the stam!

rather much doubt it - but who knows, i mean the tanks get to 60k ish now with BiS gear and raidbuffed

i believe with ICC there gonna start stacking heavy stam on gear and less avoidance to streamline incoming damage, and it will be a major concept in cata
    hahaha. no.

feral tanks will hit it yes other tanks highly doubt it warriors yes with there last stand only.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

does it matter? healers will heal appropriate to that health, bosses will hit appropriate to that health aswell
    others will higher health pools aswell (was some stories about clothers getting a huge boost in hp in cata)
    offtopic, imagine anub 25 hc having people with so much health<3
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz
    feral tanks will hit it yes other tanks highly doubt it warriors yes with there last stand only.
    Uh, with last stand and appropriate buffs I have no trouble believing a warrior tank could hit 100k in ICC gear.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

didnt they say at blizzcom that tanks would have more or less the same hp as everybody else and it will be their talents and gear that will make them tank (while keeping the caster cannot tank philosophy)

15+ Year Old Account

Didn't BC tanks end up capping out at like 32-35k fully raid buffed?

If you go by that math, and the fact that really gear progression from BC to Wrath wasn't as huge a jump as vanilla to BC, i think 80k will likely be the highest anyone will come to in Cataclysm.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

If I gem only sta30 in every socket in my current feral gear, then I'd be already over 60k raidbuffed... and that's with me slacking as herbalist as one prof (alchemist as other), and just using toc5+uld trinkets for stamina (champions hate me).

What scared me today though... was realizing I had hit over 45k health in catform (in tank gear).
    ;p

our bear used his cds and got 92k in pdok 25 O.o
    Time waits for no one.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.

im fairly sure i read a blue post about stamina being increased over all next expansion, just more on gear etc. that being said i wouldnt be suprised to see it in the 100k range if not close to it.

i hope there is a big increase in stamina for all classes.

at level 70 as a cloth priest, it was hard to get over 8k. its a lot better in wotlk. im now at 20k. it makes doing old content (like older instances) much easier with more health. I want to one day be able to solo level 70 heroics

Already sitting at 59k fully raid buffed on my feral tank, and I still have a lot of upgrades available. With Survival Instincts up I can easily reach 80k. I can see my health reaching 6 digits in ICC mixed 25 and hard mode gear.

im almost positive they will. Cata is changing stats, and blizz has said that since they are dropping defense from gear they will increase stamina. A druid tank in BIS TOC gear can have 60k + depending on how they gem. Im guessing 75k in BIS ICC gear. Easily hitting 100k with last stand typ cooldowns on arthas progression is something im expecting.

GC already said somewhere that they're upping the amount of stam on gear. Tanks are going to have over 50k unbuffed easily with 3.3 (already seen 47k as of yesterday) and the health pools of tanks always double every expansion, so we will easily see 100k+.