Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: 100k Tanks in Cata?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    didnt they say at blizzcom that tanks would have more or less the same hp as everybody else and it will be their talents and gear that will make them tank (while keeping the caster cannot tank philosophy)
    no, but they did say that for etc plate dps wont have 9k more hp then cloth like we do now, but the tanks will have hugely more health then casters and dps

As a paladin I have 46k unbuffed at the moment, which translates to ~57kish fully raid buffed. I'm also still lacking some essential pieces, like the 258 trinket and belt (for extra socket). I expect full BiS ICC tanks will see 53kish unbuffed, mid-60s buffed.

Blizz already said they want to increase stamina across the board in Cataclysm. I wouldn't be surprised to see heroic geared Cataclysm tanks at 80k, hitting 100k at tier or two into the expansion.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Yizren
    i believe with ICC there gonna start stacking heavy stam on gear and less avoidance to streamline incoming damage, and it will be a major concept in cata
    That's pretty nice if true, since it will also sort alot of differences between current tanks. That being said, I expect either a buff to some cooldowns or a nerf to others to streamline it even more.

Unbuffed I'm at 44.5k atm as warrior with alot of BiS items, could prolly get to 46 orso with everything BiS I think. Didn't really calculate.

Still, 100k raid buffed is ALOT, I doubt we will see that until atleast 2 patches into Cata.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Inc Emerald Dream expansion:
    1000000k health.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by dannzi
    no, but they did say that for etc plate dps wont have 9k more hp then cloth like we do now, but the tanks will have hugely more health then casters and dps
    But, wasnt the HP buffer part of balancing melee vs ranged?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

10+ Year Old Account

not 100k but i predict it will be something along the lines of anywhere from 60k in heroic/blues to 80k in full raid epics.
    remember since we only gain 5 levels half the gear currently out in LK will probly be used to raid with in cata too.

Deleted

I think about 65k in cata bules, maybe 80k in epics,

but nothing ARP cant fix :P

Blizz has stated that they want to nerf avoidance and buff block and HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixen2112
    im fairly sure i read a blue post about stamina being increased over all next expansion, just more on gear etc. that being said i wouldnt be suprised to see it in the 100k range if not close to it.

This. I'm pretty sure Ghostcrawler said something along those lines at Blizzcon.

maybe with last stand and such

Our druid tank in ToC25 had 75k hp at the Twins x_x

10+ Year Old Account

If u were paying attention, u would have known that a blue post somewhere has stated that we will be shocked over stats on Cata gear. It stated that even the Dev team were shocked...

Looking at this, i believe that the 100k mark will be easily reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I hope they increase stamina more than they did from TBC -> WOTLK.

Even with only 5 more talent points some scary hybrid DPS builds open up for most classes.

Bring on the stam!
    Also, talent trees will be completely redone and we won't get new talent points 81-85... We will get the Path of the Titans which will allow us to further "spec" and improve our spells/abilites/stats.

EDIT: Fetching a quote from page 1
    Summergale 85 Paladin - Holy/Prot dual specced.
    The Insane Progress:
    Steamweedle: Exalted (done: 999/1000)
    Bloodsail: Honored (done: 1618/12000)
    Darkmoon: Friendly (in progress: 275/6000)
    Ravenholdt: Revered (in progres: 4000/21000)

Yes.

Played around a little on chardev, probably forgot some buffs, and I don't have a feral druid so I'm not sure about the spec/gear, but I just went for straight stamina and I don't think anyone would complain having this as a tank:

http://chardev.org/?profile=324104

52638 hp in caster form, with Fortitude, MoTW, Commanding Shout, Kings (Sanctuary doesn't work, bug) and well fed.

68108 hp in bear with the same buffs.

Now, there are some other things that do not work:

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=67753 Does not work, so add that effect, together %'ages from talents and...
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61336 Survival instincts, doesn't work either.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=46372 Neither does the glyph.

It seems like the glyph and the talent work like 30% + 15% = 45% so take 68108 x 1.45 (+45%) = 98756 hp.
    and if those 45% stack AGAIN with the http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=24894 talent, well.. then we're definetly reaching 100k even before cataclysm.

And before someone complains: Yes I know this is not constant tanking HP, so to answer the original question
    Quote Originally Posted by Campagnolo
    Do you think tanks will push 100k fully buffed by the end of cata?
    Yes. I do think so, because like someone said, they are simplifying the stats (more raw str, stam, agi for example) and we are already at almost 70k without cooldowns.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Quote Originally Posted by Emsarrev
    But, wasnt the HP buffer part of balancing melee vs ranged?
    I think that was more of a made up by players old wives tale, besides there are plenty of other ways to do that. The real reason health pools had bins which looked like {ranged/healers, rogues/cats, plate dps, tanks} is because of the way itemization worked.

Ranged/healers 6 stats on gear (either stam/int/spirt/sp+2 or stam/agi/int/ap+2) USUALLY, some rare cloth has 5 stats, no spirit, craved by dps
    Rogues/cats 5 stats on gear (stam/agi/ap+2)
    Plate dps 4 stats on gear (stam/st+2)

Where the +2 stands for the green stats of which nearly all epic gear seems to have 2 (not including sp/ap, counted separate above) {hit, mp5, crit, haste, arp, expertise}

The more stats on any particular piece of gear the less you get of each individual stat, try looking around your next raid and you can see that while mage vs priest health varies only a little (especially if priest is shadow and is avoiding spirit gear) there is always a big variation between cloth and leather and plate as above. Mail is either 5 or 6 stated, one way to tell a resto/ele shaman from an enh is resto/ele usually has more health the difference is 5 stats vs 6. For example the T9.245 caster shaman sets have 463 stam and the T9.245 enh set has 445 stam, that's an average of 36 health per piece, which adds up over a whole gearset.

On topic, I expect defense on plate gear to be turned into mastery and thus to have tank health grow at a steady pace from where it has, perhaps reaching 100k, but not in the first raid tier. Mage health may double going into Cataclysm's first raid, I doubt tank health will. I also very much expect the first raid tier of cataclysm to have ilvls barely above ICC hardmode loot, in the same way we see ilvls moving from TotC to ICC which may turn out wrong but we will see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Id be surprised if tank health wasnt around 100k at 85.

I think OP meant sustained HP anyway and not proc/oshi- button hp, because once you go down that road you can turn this thread into a silly lulzavbufflukatme-thread

im pretty sure bear tanks poping survival instincts or other cooldowns could hit 100k, but idt any tanks will have that as baseling hp or even raid buffed hp

I was in a 25-man raid the other day where one of our Feral tanks had 72k+ hp.

It's going to be more than doable in cataclysm...

Quote Originally Posted by Kyou
    [Shadowmourne, I went to Icecrown and was hoping for The Ashbringer but all I got was this lame axe]
    Ret Pride

Quote Originally Posted by kakefarmer

Also, talent trees will be completely redone and we won't get new talent points 81-85... We will get the Path of the Titans which will allow us to further "spec" and improve our spells/abilites/stats.
    be glad, if they gave rogue another 10 points, mut AND shadowstep. fear in PVP.

one of my guilds feral tanks breaks 100k ez with CDs
    shamans suck soo much, but we are the best class in the game.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shock/advanced