Thread: Ardent Defender

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Ardent Defender

Does Ardent defender always proc when you are about to die(if its not on cool down) or are there some requirements to make it proc?
    because i was in WSG and i died multiple times and it never procced.
    thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by Separate
    "Blood Elf Rogue was not a appropriate occupation, please refill the selected box before continuing."

Bullshit
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky
    Kanye West? Is that you?

Re: Ardent Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Reyndeyn
    lawl, noob.

No there isn't, it's just bad luck. There are millions of bugs, wouldn't surprise me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

ok thank you. i was just double checking
    "Blood Elf Rogue was not a appropriate occupation, please refill the selected box before continuing."

Bullshit
    Kanye West? Is that you?

Im a noob because I posted a link to the talent from Wowhead?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeef
    lawl, noob.

No there isn't, it's just bad luck. There are millions of bugs, wouldn't surprise me.
    you need defense in your gear for it to heal you.

To the OP if your in wsg and wearing all pvp gear then I'd assume you wouldnt get healed cause you didnt have defense on.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Cellox

Quote Originally Posted by cellox

To the OP if your in wsg and wearing all pvp gear then I'd assume you wouldnt get healed cause you didnt have defense on.
    O ok thanks so it'll heal up to 30% of my health depending on my defense?

Bullshit
    Kanye West? Is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvin
    O ok thanks so it'll heal up to 30% of my health depending on my defense?
    Yes, even says so in the tooltip of the talent.

Im a noob because I posted a link to the talent from Wowhead?
    No, the OP was talking about the life saving bit, you were talking about the damage reduction.
    I may look busy, but I'm just confused.

He was asking when it procs. AFAIK it procs when you are below 35% health according to the tooltip. So I answered his question.

He was asking when it procs. AFAIK it procs when you are below 35% health according to the tooltip. So I answered his question.
    actually i was asking if there are conditions to the life saving part because it didnt proc for me.

Bullshit
    Kanye West? Is that you?

or are there some requirements to make it proc?
    This made me think you were asking when it procs. Just a misunderstanding

This made me think you were asking when it procs. Just a misunderstanding
    AD is two separate things. One, damage reduction when below 35% health. Two, the restoration of some hitpoints when you fall below 0.

The second proc depends on having defense rating (having 540 defense will allow it to heal the most it can), and has a bug with a very small set of attacks which ignore damage reduction (chaos bolt comes to mind).

Best tank cooldown, bar none.

ok thank you all for your help

Bullshit
    Kanye West? Is that you?

15+ Year Old Account

actually i was asking if there are conditions to the life saving part because it didnt proc for me.
    It probably did proc and since you had no defense you immediately died because you didn't receive any healing from it or very little. Also in WSG, you wouldn't even notice if it procced anyways unless you had a dedicated healer on you as if you were tanking boss level mobs. You have 4 people beating on you and maybe a HoT on you, you'd barely notice it went off even if it did heal you to 30%.

One thing to add: Chaos Bolt ignores Ardent Defender, because Ardent Defender absorbs the damage, that would otherwise kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreth
    AD is two separate things. One, damage reduction when below 35% health.

No longer does that, now it only reduces the hit that takes you below 35% HP (Unless I missed the change back?).. And it will not fully mitigate it.

EX: You have 40% HP and take 6%, only that last 1% that would put you at 34% is reduced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by cellox

Actually, you don't need defense in order to proc it, it always will.
    The thing is that you need defense in order to have the proc heal you, but it will always proc(when you don't have the debuff).

Just look for the massive pillar of light, that's when it procs.

Naturally, if you don't have any defense, you won't get healed.. But that doesn't mean it didn't proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Actually, you don\'t need defense in order to proc it, it always will.
    The thing is that you need defense in order to have the proc heal you, but it will always proc(when you don\'t have the debuff).

Just look for the massive pillar of light, that\'s when it procs.

Naturally, if you don\'t have any defense, you won\'t get healed.. But that doesn\'t mean it didn\'t proc.
    Why did you bother posting? He said

And you just said the exact same thing. You act like you were correcting him just to say what he did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Quote Originally Posted by Copain

No longer does that, now it only reduces the hit that takes you below 35% HP (Unless I missed the change back?).. And it will not fully mitigate it.

EX: You have 40% HP and take 6%, only that last 1% that would put you at 34% is reduced.
    Not quite, your example is right but this one is also correct:
    EX: you have 34% health, you would be hit for 20% of your health reducing you to 14%, 14<35 so this damage is reduced by 20%.

Ardent Defender, great talent? Or greatest talent?
    Sanctity, level 110 Blood elf protection Paladin of <Fallout> on Tarren Mill EU