Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 3.3, World 3rd Tribute to Immortality, Blue posts

Tuesday Question: Is Patch 3.3 this week?
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/21376271669-what-will-you-do-first-when-33-hits-tomorrow.html#rp_143]No, not tomorrow. [/blizzquote"]

As long as nothing goes wrong, it should be deployed on live servers next week. (Not official, etc etc)

Patch 3.3 Menu Update
    The Patch 3.3 menu has been updated with a bunch of new articles and categories. The last batch of articles should be available tomorrow, I'll spend the rest of the week updating and polishing them to make sure they're pretty for the release on live servers.

I still want to do a couple of things with these pages but at least the basic information should be here.

I'm also going to boost my ego for a second and thank all the people reading the site daily, apparently I was the most viewed user on Youtube yesterday. (AH! AH! In your face Surprised Kitty!!)

World 3rd Tribute to Immortality in Korea
    Tribute to Immortality first kills are fun, each new kill happens on a new continent. This time a Korean coalition of multiple guilds known as "Team Force" completed the achievement on November 30th according to this post! Congratulations to them.

Blizzard Entertainment is now on Facebook!
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    Become a fan of Warcraft®, StarCraft®, or Diablo® to get a constant feed of news, videos, events, contests and more. Once you join, you will be able to interact with fellow gamers, comment on updates, ask questions, and share gamer tips. We have big plans in store for our Facebook community, so get connected and enjoy the ride through Blizzard's social media universe.

Warcraft: http://www.facebook.com/Warcraft
    StarCraft: http://www.facebook.com/StarCraft
    Diablo: http://www.facebook.com/Diablo
    Blizzard Entertainment: http://www.facebook.com/Blizzard

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Why you won't get a release date for 3.3
    We've explained many times over why we don't provide release dates for patches. Yes, we have a target date for the patch, however there are still numerous obstacles that could push back that target date by multiple weeks. We understand that publicly releasing a date and then pushing it back would lead to a far worse outcry on the forums than we see when simply letting players speculate about when the patch will be released. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Are Death Knights unpopular?
    They aren't. If you mean they are less popular than warriors as main tanks, that's true. But that is also the case for druids and paladins, whom some of you claim are self-evidently overpowered.

But DKs are very popular in cutting edge guilds for dps and quite popular as off tanks. This is hand waving, and I don't have any concrete numbers to back this up, but my suspicion is that DKs are either the most popular off tank or else are number two after warriors. Warrior + DK is a very popular tank setup for many guilds capable of clearing heroic raid content.

One conclusion that I think you can draw from looking at what classes and specs the very good guilds bring is that there is a lot of variation, and certainly much more than in BC. (Source)

Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Subtlety Tree
    That's a good assessment. Ultimately, we'd like for more talent trees to look like Subtlety. Trading utility A for utility B is an interesting decision. Trading utility A for more dps is not an interesting decision; the latter is always going to win.

Somewhat related, for the pure dps classes it's likely that there will always be a spec with the theoretically highest dps. It's going to be nigh impossible to make multiple talent trees provide identical dps regardless of gear improvement, encounter specifics or group synergies. Our goal instead is just to get things close enough that players are willing to sacrifice a little bit of dps for a playstyle they really enjoy. (For some players, losing any dps is unacceptable, but I also know enough hardcore players that I can say with some confidence that you can't just make a blanket statement that all competitive players feel this way.)

I don't think we're there with rogues yet. Assassination is now a serious contender in end-game raiding, but Subtlety isn't and hasn't been since HAT was in a silly place. I think we're a lot closer with mages. Arcane may be the highest dps in a general sense, but there are fights on which Fire will win. Frost is a lot closer than it used to be, to the point where someone who just loves Frost won't feel like they are horribly gimping their group's progress. (It probably still needs to be slightly higher than where it is, but we'll see what Icecrown is like.) We eventually want to get rogues, locks and hunters closer to where mages appear to be in 3.3 (and work on mages more too of course).

Honor Among Thieves was a good attempt to get more combo points, and therefore damage, into the tree. It ended up having the scaling problem that a lot of our abilites have -- it's easy for it to be too weak in a small, 5-player group and to be too powerful when it's scaling off of 25 players. (Restricting it to a group doesn't really help because you can just fill that group full of folks who crit a lot, and raids provide a lot more buffs to guarantee crits.)

I do agree with the general feel of Subtlety being high finisher damage and cps through alternative routes, and that's a kit we want to keep going forward. I also agree that Ghostly Strike, Hemo and Backstab all could use more "juice" (by which I don't just mean higher dps). I'll also add that I think we went a little overboard in emphasizing damage over utility in Lich King PvE, especially in the earlier raid tiers. Who needs a good Sap when you're AE'ing everything down?

PvP-wise, utility can be a lot more useful than in PvE. However, as I've said before we think we've kind of let rogues get into too much of that glass cannon state. They either keep someone controlled and blow them up, or they themselves get blown up. We would still like to tone down some of the rogue CC and increase some of their passive (not cooldown-based) survivability. It's a little weird that leather classes are generally more fragile than cloth.

We try very hard not to give due dates on some of these changes. When you read through threads like this, I think you can see why. The risk of sharing some of our long-term plans is players then get frustrated when the changes don't materialize in the next patch. We have a very long list of changes we'd like to make to WoW, and if we tried to get them all into whatever the next patch is going to be, those patches would just get continually delayed. When I say "long term" I'm trying to say not to look for a change any time soon (because we haven't made the change yet) but that we recognize the problem and have some ideas we'd like to try out. This philosophy is the whole genesis of the infamous "Soon" and "When it's ready."

In other words, it isn't that we don't care -- just that we have a lot to do. If you buy that, then all you can really argue with is our prioritization for what we do first and I totally acknowledge there are subjective elements to that as well as considerations that aren't necessarily transparent to the community. I have no doubt that you might prioritize things differently were you in our shoes.

I know the Blizzard pace of development can be frustrating for some people, but when you look back at the history of the company, it's hard to argue that it doesn't work for us. (Source)

Re: Patch 3.3, World 3rd Tribute to Immortality, Blue posts

I don't think we're there with rogues yet. Assassination is now a serious contender in end-game raiding, but Subtlety isn't and hasn't been since HAT was in a silly place. I think we're a lot closer with mages. Arcane may be the highest dps in a general sense, but there are fights on which Fire will win. Frost is a lot closer than it used to be, to the point where someone who just loves Frost won't feel like they are horribly gimping their group's progress. (It probably still needs to be slightly higher than where it is, but we'll see what Icecrown is like.) We eventually want to get rogues, locks and hunters closer to where mages appear to be in 3.3 (and work on mages more too of course).
    I think most will agree.. we hope HAT will NEVER make a return either...
    It dumbs down rogues to a "1" button class, rather than SS, SnD, Rupture, Evisc. Which, granted, isn't much, but it beats the one button by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    (AH! AH! In your face Surprised Kitty!!)
    Awwww ("\ =^,^= /")

Check this one too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC4eEuURH8c

Tuesday Question: Is Patch 3.3 this week?
    No. Most likely next week.
    You win boub
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Oh and before anyone asks.

[10:57:11] what do I get if I link the Surprised Kitty in today's news?
    [10:57:24] you wont - so nothing
    [10:57:29] <[CP]Voisin> You would be totally awesometastic Bibi-, but yo wont
    [10:58:42] Bibi-: you wont do that

Good site with ICC tactics anyone?

15+ Year Old Account

Yeah Boub..the Surprised Kitty sort of just exploded, good to know you beat it for most viewed yesterday, awesome work, love the videos!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Armoury

The kitty exploded ??? Awwwwww ...

The surprised kitty should have won,so cute!

Seriously? Being a healer is getting fucking boring. They constantly update and balance DPS classes and to a lesser extent tanks but priests have been the same since the beginning of Ulduar. Oh, other than that planned Divine Hymn buff with 2 minutes shorter cooldown. ¬¬

Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Oh and before anyone asks.

[10:57:11] <Bibi-> what do I get if I link the Surprised Kitty in today's news?
    [10:57:24] <Marzenia> you wont - so nothing
    [10:57:29] <[CP]Voisin> You would be totally awesometastic Bibi-, but yo wont
    [10:58:42] <Marla> Bibi-: you wont do that
    That is totally forged! Marla would never doubt you Bibi...

15+ Year Old Account

zomg im mentioned by bibi! Im famous now! <3

10+ Year Old Account

Nice to see Updated Patch 3.3 panel

did they pug tribute to immortality and then they made the grp "team force" ?? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin
    zomg im mentioned by bibi! Im famous now! <3
    Voisin you little troll! 103 posts? Not enough you spam the channel??
    I guess it lis like that wit CRAB PPL! <3

Quote Originally Posted by magicism
    Seriously? Being a healer is getting fucking boring. They constantly update and balance DPS classes and to a lesser extent tanks but priests have been the same since the beginning of Ulduar. Oh, other than that planned Divine Hymn buff with 2 minutes shorter cooldown. ¬¬

Then please, do tell, what is so horribly wrong with priest right now then?

suprised kitty!

This thread is suddenly about cats.

Dexx Tarr, imo.

Or Tao ka-ka!
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Best blue post in a while. People need to learn that Blizzard are constantly prioritizing things, and just because you whine about something on the forum won't make it happen.
    Never look into the eyes of a horse.
    Your soul will forever be lost in the void of a horse.

Anyone else noticed the warriors HP on that SS ?
    Not even 37k hp , Buffed ??

Unlike the guild-base raid moods in the US and Euroupe, Korean WoW players prefer having an independant raiding team or pug for playing PvE contents. Therefore, Most of PuGs are running under quite serious character screenings and very, very strict gold bidding rules in order to 'preserve' their well-being runs. This unique mood helps korean servers carry multiple successful PuGs even for A Tribute to Immortality achievement run.

However, It has some side effects.. First, most players have very intense anticipation among each other so if your character fails once or two in the raid then, you will be fined or blacklisted from major PuG runs. Second, its gold run. You should bring a lot of gold to gear your chacracter up.This is why Korean WoW economy is suffering from servere gold inflation. They need to buy gold from cheap chinese labors when they hit lv 80 or farm their gold for 24/7 just like chinese farmers. Simply if you don't have gold you can't get your gears. Of course, In the opposition, if you bring a lot of gold as shopper, will treated well even if you don't know any strat .

* trying to fix some typo.