Fresh 80 Ele Shaman Gear

I am approching level 80 on my alt and was wondering if anyone had a list of gear that I should get in order to start raiding and such. I have decent money for BoE's but I'm not going to make him the crafted 245 chest right off the bat (maybe the wrists though). So between BoE's, Heroics, Badge gear and the like, what should I strive for? A slot by slot list would be great.

Re: Fresh 80 Ele Shaman Gear

First, make sure to do the daily heroic every day for Triumph Badges x2.

since this is your alt, you may have triumph badges saved on your main to purchase crusader orbs to make 245 pieces such as the cloth Bejewled Bracers and perhaps the cloth Merlin's Robe.

I think the 5man ToC drops a SP Dagger which is a nice beginner weapon.

If you have the gold buy the Kirin Tor rings or make the JC Spellshock Ring (ilvl 200).

Just look at the heroic dungeon's loot list and run the ones daily until you get everything you need.

Use the older badges for Runed Orbs for 226 patterns (Sash of Ancient Power, etc).

Since ToC10 and 25 Regular are so easy, I would not bother with any Ulduar loot unless your guild has alt runs which are capable of doing some of the hardmodes for 239 loot.

Gearing alts has been made pretty easy. I myself just finished a lock last week and already decked out in t9.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Just adding to crab's response, make sure you get hit capped, it's very important.

For raiding, 263 as Alliance, 289 as Horde.

From 5 mans, there is a trinket from Heroic VH that has 73 hit on it and a "Use" ability. That's a good way to start, gem for hit until your capped.

So for the crafted pieces I see you listing the cloth pieces rather then the mail ones. Are the mail ones that bad?

Taking from my own list, dinged lv80 on my ele a week ago. This list it's not time consuming at all, perfect for an alt. There might be some other good drops out there, crafts or reputation rewards, but i think this list is quite close to pre-raid BiS, and it's ridicously fast to acquire all those drops. Obviously i could suggest T8.5 pieces with TONS of Emblem of Conquest, or even T9 parts. But all those things will come LATER, and you need some gear to get now, am i right? Hope it helps

Head: lv219 cloth (hc ToC)
    Neck: lv200 (norm ToC) or lv219 (hc ToC)
    Shoulder: lv200 mail (norm ToC) or lv219 cloth (hc ToC)
    Back: lv 200 crafted or lv219 (hc ToC)
    Chest: lv219 cloth (hc ToC) -even with spirit is good to start with)
    Wrist: lv245 crafted cloth are awesome and kinda cheap
    Hands: lv200 cloth (norm ToC) or lv219 leather (hc ToC)
    Waist: lv226 Emblem of Conquest (mp5 but still a nice chunck of haste)
    Legs: lv219 leather (hc ToC)
    Feet: lv219 cloth (hc ToC) or lv219 leather (hc ToC) - i prefer cloth ones
    Rings: lv200 from hc UK and hc Stratholme (both with haste), lv219 (hc ToC). There's a lv200 with haste also at exalted Argent Crusade if i remember well.
    Trinket: lv200 (hc ToC) - never thought about a second one, having alchemy for now my 59sp/50haste is nice
    Weapon: lv219 dagger (hc ToC), lv219 mace (hc ToC, has mp5)
    Shield: wait for lv219 from normal new instance in 3.3 (can't remember which one), it has mp5 but it's still good. If friends can boost you a bit there's a couple of easy drops from ten men, one from Maexxna, the other from XT-002.
    Relic: as an alt you won't be swimming in Emblems of Triumph, i'd suggest you get the Emblem of Valor one (boost to LB and CL).

EDIT: armory link, got a good half of those items equipped so you can see: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...m&n=Cornacchia

Regarding crafted mail... all lv226 and lv245 have mp5, they're more for restoration rather than elemental.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT