Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: shaman shapshifting?!?

nowhere, and it will NEVER gonna happen...

who would still take a shaman if others could do bloodlust, they need SEVERE buffs.
    otherwise a ghost wolf wont be a viable raiding option...

and we all know that these shamans wont stop qqing until a ghost wolf will top the meters.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2645
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=9634

druids shapeshift
    shamans "turn into"
    so take whatever from that

also druids forms are like a warriors stances or a pallies auras etc, there not counted as spells or abilities whilst ghostwolf is counted as a spell hense why we can shapeshift out of
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=12825 which says that you cant use spells or abilies why.
    and maybe polymorph immunity is just part of the unique ability

and it does seem silly that shammy's are counted as humanoids in ghostform, not that it makes much differance.
    Death Knight, Druid, Hunter, Mage, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, Warlock, Warriorbest thread ever
    [url=http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/*updated*icecrown-what-really-happened-spoilers-ahead-!/]http://www.mmo-c

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    So if you are arguing that the wolf is a ghost and therefor not sheepable e.G., you might as well going to the ghosthealer, since ghosts normally are dead...

uh an besides when we are at it anyway. yeah it IS like travel form of druid.
    Druid can switch and so neglect polymorhs and slows, while a wolf has other abilities, like, beeing nearly invisible which you shamans tend to foget about to be a cool feature. since when has been hard to see ever helped anything? oh look, arena, with targeting addons, or maybe the big ass red name over my head? and, I'm sure NPCs need to see to graphics, to see me and so on (incase you didnt get that, its sarcasm)

Jackshit, i really cant stand it seeing a shaman asking for buffs or new abilities.
    You freaks can walk water Like we're the only ones that can do that? and even just breathing on us makes us fall in, compared to say.. oh.. seal form to catch up and a single moonfire to stop us from waterwalking?, resurrect and druids cannot?, resurrect yourself and druids dont have different version and raise others in combat? , heal oh! druids can too!, make melee DMG i think we're on a trend here (feral cough, and you can TANK too!), make caster DMG hmm, tough one here.. oh.. i dunno.. owlkin?!, slow others oh wait! druids can do this too, interrupt casts druid need to shift for this, but they can interupt just as faston a (i think 6 seconds CD), beeing hard to see in travel formread paragraph above , pushback others (especially in BG´s) talented, and OH WAIT! Druids have it too! , call for freaking OP wolveshmm. sounds like treants. if beeing enhancer, bloodlust/heroism, having a totem for nearly everything (just pointing out some AOE slow earthbind and stomp totem),...

SO Dude dont ask for more, be thankful that you HAVE a travel form in which you can switch while in combat, everyone besides druids and you has to wait until out of fight and then use their mount, there is noi infight fleeing for us mortals. cept that, oh.. paladins and dk's have passive movement speeds of 15%, hunters with 30%, and then there are slows, and I dont know, stuns and omg.. druid roots! And as to inflight fleeing, guess what? its much easier to run (in kitty w/ dash for 100% epic ground mount speed) away and as soon as your out of combat, to shift to flight for, then to run away (at 30% or less), stand there for 1.5 seconds to cast a mount which gets interupted as soon as you are put back in combat
    While I'm not one of those that think Ghost wolf needs a buff other then making it instant for the base spell (as in not needing to waste 2 points), it annoys me that you really think shamans are that much more OP that you need to slap down any form of suggustion, specially from the most OP class in the game point of view (see what I did there?).

Guess what, I have both a Shaman and a Druid. My druid easily does more damage then my shaman in feral then my shaman in enh easily when they have about the same ilvl gear. I havent gone boomkin myself, but I have boomkins in my guild that do comparable dps as the elem shamans. And guess what? Druid healers are more OP then Shaman's. Stop QQing about what others have, and actually look at your own class subjectively instead of 'the grass is always better on the other side' mentality.

I think Ghostwolf should be instant, and make it so we're not considered both humaniod and a beast at the same time, but that is just my opinion, and I dont think its something that can be considered broken and needs to be changed. So if it doesnt get a buff (and 90% chance it wont), I wouldnt be disappointed as its such a minor point for a shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan
    So if you are arguing that the wolf is a ghost and therefor not sheepable e.G., you might as well going to the ghosthealer, since ghosts normally are dead...

uh an besides when we are at it anyway. yeah it IS like travel form of druid.
    Druid can switch and so neglect polymorhs and slows, while a wolf has other abilities, like, beeing nearly invisible which you shamans tend to foget about to be a cool feature.

Jackshit, i really cant stand it seeing a shaman asking for buffs or new abilities.
    You freaks can walk water, resurrect, resurrect yourself, heal, make melee DMG, make caster DMG, slow others, interrupt casts on a (i think 6 seconds CD), beeing hard to see in travel form, pushback others (especially in BG´s), call for freaking OP wolves if beeing enhancer, bloodlust/heroism, having a totem for nearly everything (just pointing out some AOE slow earthbind and stomp totem),...

SO Dude dont ask for more, be thankful that you HAVE a travel form in which you can switch while in combat, everyone besides druids and you has to wait until out of fight and then use their mount, there is noi infight fleeing for us mortals.
    lol you have no clue.
    "Druid can switch and so neglect polymorhs and slows, while a wolf has other abilities, like, beeing nearly invisible which you shamans tend to foget about to be a cool feature"
    ? wtf you using as grapic card. time to get new one dude if you cant see a shaman in ghostwolf. ghostwolf is 130% speed and cant be slowed under 100%. thats the only advantage of it. druids just reshapeshift and cant be slowed at all. they cant be sheeped/hexed , and it cant be dispelled.also druids can still do stuff while shapeshifted. ghostwolf can only autoattack.
    "Jackshit, i really cant stand it seeing a shaman asking for buffs or new abilities." are you retarded? if i see a shamy in pvp its my first target.
    many people consider shamans free hk's.
    and what a retarded list you made there of abilities shamans have. resurect , slow others, interupt casts, heal? lol, like most other classes can. i gues you got owned by some shamans in bg and are pissed now , not cause they are op , but cause you suck.
    go lvl a shaman and try some pvp. then talk again.
    btw you talk about being happy cause we have travelform. like no other classes have a fast get away in combat : pala's :talented movementspeed increase, mages blink , warlocks teleport , druids travelform , rogue sprint,hunter aspec.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Chainz

it would be nice to have GW passively be instant, i mean blizzard forces atleast 7 points into enhancement tree just for survivability i would freaking love to go resto hybrid into elemental for BURST!!!!

BTW Ghost wolf will move your speed up to 140% being virtually invisible doesn't do a thing to your lovely floating red name. out of all i wonder how many people have actually played a shaman?

Edit: i thought i might add that shapeshifting as a druid might provide immunity to CC such as Polymorph and Hex But it opens you up to so much more E.G. Travel/Bear/Cat you are now open to Scare Beast and Hybernate CC, Tree's of life and open to being banished just because druids have a counter to one CC doesn't mean the counter isn't flawed by opening them up to another form of it. Same goes with Lichbourne lol at DK who got shackled by a priest :P

Edit again cause i can: Also take note of mana cost GW 3% base mana-Travel 13% base mana happy happy joy joy

im playing as shaman in wotlk and i dont see shaman being any good in pvp. only thing they have good is burst and healing as resto.
    But if they are attacked as lets say elemental they die without able to do anything as all of our burst dmg requires casting, resto is good to overheal people but you still cant escape a shit and enhancement is just wolf = i.win button.

I do suck in pvp as shaman, but i still dont like our role in PvP. my mainspec is elemental.
    talking about BGs here, nearly every other class can easily take on 2 players in BGs without having much trouble. but shamans only have one cc with long cooldown and its usually taken off with trinket, let alone we ourselves cant escape any roots after our trinket is used. (excluding enha-talent)

I usually get just pwned by crap geared rogues and decent geared DK/paladin/warrior helping him.
    But when i get the chance, i can 2 shot people with enough bad gear. + basicly every class has interrupt these days, its harsh being only full casting requiring burst DMGer.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka
    im playing as shaman in wotlk and i dont see shaman being any good in pvp. only thing they have good is burst and healing as resto.
    But if they are attacked as lets say elemental they die without able to do anything as all of our burst dmg requires casting, resto is good to overheal people but you still cant escape a shit and enhancement is just wolf = i.win button.

I do suck in pvp as shaman, but i still dont like our role in PvP. my mainspec is elemental.
    talking about BGs here, nearly every other class can easily take on 2 players in BGs without having much trouble. but shamans only have one cc with long cooldown and its usually taken off with trinket, let alone we ourselves cant escape any roots after our trinket is used. (excluding enha-talent)

I usually get just pwned by crap geared rogues and decent geared DK/paladin/warrior helping him.
    But when i get the chance, i can 2 shot people with enough bad gear. + basicly every class has interrupt these days, its harsh being only full casting requiring burst DMGer.
    Shamans may suck at 2v2 But CL and CH Makes the diffrence in 3vs3 5v5 Shammy's work best in larger groups ^^ Try it

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthis
    it would be nice to have GW passively be instant, i mean blizzard forces atleast 7 points into enhancement tree just for survivability i would freaking love to go resto hybrid into elemental for BURST!!!!

BTW Ghost wolf will move your speed up to 140% being virtually invisible doesn't do a thing to your lovely floating red name. out of all i wonder how many people have actually played a shaman? not very many it seems, however even tho i made that my point in a previous post, there are SOME people who turn off names. I dont know why, specially on a pvp server, but some do.

Edit: i thought i might add that shapeshifting as a druid might provide immunity to CC such as Polymorph and Hex But it opens you up to so much more E.G. Travel/Bear/Cat you are now open to Scare Beast and Hybernate CC, Tree's of life and open to being banished just because druids have a counter to one CC doesn't mean the counter isn't flawed by opening them up to another form of it. Same goes with Lichbourne lol at DK who got shackled by a priest :P

Edit again cause i can: Also take note of mana cost GW 3% base mana-Travel 13% base mana happy happy joy joy
    but then, you have to consider what else they get out of it when they switch. Most people will not switch to travel form to get away, they switch to cat. Which gives them dash, making them at almost 100% movement speed. If they were feral to begin with, they also get +30 movement speed as a base, and -50% to AoE damage. Well worth the extra 10% base mana specially when they only need to do it at most twice. A shaman, would have to switch over and over again if they're fighting a priest or another shaman, it can be bashed off if we're rooted/stunned/mezzed long enough for a prot war, it can be spellstolen by a mage (tho they wont change). That 3% per shift adds up.

Again, like I said in a previous post, I dont think ghostwolf NEEDS a buff, its perfectly fine now, but making it instant as a base spell would be great and help shaman survivablity (which in PvP, is absolute crap compared to the majority of other classes) alot regardless of spec.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Scionofmars
    I remember during the wotlk beta, when they tried to change how Ghostwolf worked so it would be exactly like Druids shapeshifting. I then remember people getting really pissed about that phrase, when they used that excuse of why they took it away. Great times.

Back on point, as Acidragoon said it was the reason they gave when they tried to change it previously. Soo many fun spells were lost during that beta.
    wtb hunter invisibility back!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanksenior
    Because it would make them overpowered?
    Haha, I hope you're being ironic!

KCee Cat form is 35% base mana im only really looking in the caster view though i dunno too much about feral, a druid has to powershift to remove its snare and slows its a useful feature in deed but it does consume alot of mana and virtually everything slows so ghost wolf's secondary effect is always handy well usually you might be fighting the odd paladin or priest. what im trying to say is that powershifting can be expensive just so you can get that distance from the target it might be worth it. but to a Caster mana is a valuable resource that powershifting can easily chew though.

Also if GW has become naturally instant cast what would you have the talent do

In other notes why am i in an argument with you when im in agreement to your ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenthis
    KCee Cat form is 35% base mana im only really looking in the caster view though i dunno too much about feral, a druid has to powershift to remove its snare and slows its a useful feature in deed but it does consume alot of mana and virtually everything slows so ghost wolf's secondary effect is always handy well usually you might be fighting the odd paladin or priest. what im trying to say is that powershifting can be expensive just so you can get that distance from the target it might be worth it. but to a Caster mana is a valuable resource that powershifting can easily chew though.

Also if GW has become naturally instant cast what would you have the talent do

In other notes why am i in an argument with you when im in agreement to your ideals.
    35% base mana .. thats 2 seconds not casting and its all back as resto druid

Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon
    Because that would be taking a class's unqiue ability.
    I sense much sarcasm in you, yes...
    No Darten, Elemental exists so resto shamans don't have to spend a minute to kill mobs when doing dailies.

I agree with whoever said that they should give ghost wolves extra abilities. It jut makes it so I dont want to take ghost wolf ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Denaka
    I agree with whoever said that they should give ghost wolves extra abilities. It jut makes it so I dont want to take ghost wolf ever.

why
    its fine
    plus the best thing about it is, you can get from the ah to the bank faster without having to bring out a mount..

Quote Originally Posted by Vaudevillian
    To be honest I believe they should have some extra abilities in Ghost Wolf Form. Possibly a passive -30% damage taken and some of the Feral spirit Abilities, Like the stun or the snare immune/speed boost. If you need damage, you have to pop out of ghost wolf. To keep in line, they could possibly implement this in a glyph, and make it have a cooldown so that people won't be ghost wolfing spell casts and such. Otherwise Ghost wolf can possibly help against a rogues openers, or simply retreating under heavy fire.

god i would kill for a stun

Quote Originally Posted by KCee
    While I'm not one of those that think Ghost wolf needs a buff other then making it instant for the base spell (as in not needing to waste 2 points), it annoys me that you really think shamans are that much more OP that you need to slap down any form of suggustion, specially from the most OP class in the game point of view (see what I did there?).

Guess what, I have both a Shaman and a Druid. My druid easily does more damage then my shaman in feral then my shaman in enh easily when they have about the same ilvl gear. I havent gone boomkin myself, but I have boomkins in my guild that do comparable dps as the elem shamans. And guess what? Druid healers are more OP then Shaman's. Stop QQing about what others have, and actually look at your own class subjectively instead of 'the grass is always better on the other side' mentality.

I think Ghostwolf should be instant, and make it so we're not considered both humaniod and a beast at the same time, but that is just my opinion, and I dont think its something that can be considered broken and needs to be changed. So if it doesnt get a buff (and 90% chance it wont), I wouldnt be disappointed as its such a minor point for a shaman.
    It's amazing the way people skew facts into their favor by completely ignoring other mechanics that classes have. That's really all I have to say to your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by heeroyuy99
    this may be true, but i don't see why that is a bad thing. but druids can do whatever they need to do in a form. a shaman in ghost wolf can move, no casts or spells.
    and a druid in travel form can move, no cast or spells either....

Quote Originally Posted by Quag
    and a druid in travel form can move, no cast or spells either....
    and cant get slowed or hexed or sheeped
    And last but not least mages (but only together with a disc priest)

'damn im oom, lets reset the fight and go drink, evocate, shadowfiend, hymn of hope, hymn of something else, mana jade, you name it! Lame!

First you get instant ghostwolf with imparing effect cleaner and now you want another druid ability? Then why would druid be viable in arenas beside cyclone. And nowadays casting cyclone become hard since cyclone still considered as nature spell and 1 interrupt or silence would be deadly. (ofc you can fake cast but. think about mage lock shaman team in 3v3. 1st cyclone = wind shear fake 2nd cyclone mage silence 3rd lock silence. 4th windshear again 5th grounding totem) Say me what to cast now?. And you are able to run away from warrior with earthbind and hamsting free. OMG dont say me you want other things in arenawise. You are currently overpowered as hell.

First only druid had Hots. Now you have hots.
    Second only druid has instant form changes. Now you have it too.
    There is 2 instant heal skill in druid. Now you have it also.

WHAT YOU WANT MORE? Free 255k gold+ 2.9k arena team?
    /enrage..
    To be a king, first one should be a man!

suwâyyah Eu Darksorrow