Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[3.3] Black Magic vs. Mighty Spellpower

With the 3.3 changes to Enchant Weapon - Black Magic (+250 Haste Rating Proc), will this be a viable alternative to the +63 Spellpower enchant?
    Anyone tested it on the PTR?

Re: [3.3] Black Magic vs. Mighty Spellpower

Supposedly it is better, But I'm already around 890 haste so that extra 250 haste might be to much for my mana to handle, but will have to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by NymSCD
    Supposedly it is better, But I'm already around 890 haste so that extra 250 haste might be to much for my mana to handle, but will have to test it.
    Yes, that much haste could really become a bit problematic, imagine yourself with the Fetish of Volatile Power, Icy Veins, Bloodlust and the Proc.
    Even without the proc, I'm nearly as fast as the gcd in such a situation.

Yes for 1hand weapons as swords and daggers...if you have the mana, that is
    Dunno for Staves :-\

Additionally...this procc does have an 30-35 sec internal cooldown...at least this is what i learnt after an some tests...but since i play caster only this could be just like any other chance on hit entchant-cooldown :P

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism
    If I recall correctly, 250+ haste buff will approximate to around 75+ constant haste. Depending on your class, spec, and current haste level, this can be better or worse than spellpower (which has no cap). Check out the relevant Elitist Jerks thread for your spec to see the stats-to-DPS conversion rates.
    i.e. for an arcane specced mage it will be better, since haste gives your AB more dps boost than spellpower does..., and AB is the main spell :>

Quote Originally Posted by Koltak
    Yes, that much haste could really become a bit problematic, imagine yourself with the Fetish of Volatile Power, Icy Veins, Bloodlust and the Proc.
    Even without the proc, I'm nearly as fast as the gcd in such a situation.
    who cares about Fetish of Volatile Power^^ n00b detect0r :P just doesnt gives you that much dps as embrace of the spider and that +128 int thingy :>, not even the heroic version
    then just dont use all cooldowns if you have bloodlust active at least not the haste-ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfx
    who cares about Fetish of Volatile Power^^ n00b detect0r :P just doesnt gives you that much dps as embrace of the spider and that +128 int thingy :>, not even the heroic version
    Well, then give me please some luck with the loot, my only alternative would be the +hit trinket from Razorscale :/

Also, it's clear that I shouldn't use all the haste cooldowns, when it would mess with the GCD, it was just meant as an example how much haste one can get these days.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Koltak
    Well, then give me please some luck with the loot, my only alternative would be the +hit trinket from Razorscale :/

Also, it's clear that I shouldn't use all the haste cooldowns, when it would mess with the GCD, it was just meant as an example how much haste one can get these days.
    For Arcane, Talisman of Resurgence and Abyssal Rune (go run ToC 5--you don't really have an excuse not to just go get this if you're sporting Volatile Crappy). If you can't get Abyssal Rune, I believe even Sundial of the Exiled is better. So two badge items.

For Fire, Living Flame is probably better along with Sundial. Abyssal Rune, too (see above).

Black Magic seems like a wash with Spell Power on MH weapons. 75 haste ~= 63 sp in itemization. For Arcane, haste scales better than spell power, so Black Magic seems better, but you open yourself up to RNG pains (i.e. proc black magic during a phase where you can't really DPS or not proc it during your cooldowns). It's a case where you need to take Rawr numbers with a grain of salt and consider the trade off of constant strength versus. a powerful proc and DPM vs. DPS. Realistically, either should produce respectable results.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Black Magic seems like a wash with Spell Power on MH weapons. 75 haste ~= 63 sp in itemization. For Arcane, haste scales better than spell power, so Black Magic seems better, but you open yourself up to RNG pains (i.e. proc black magic during a phase where you can't really DPS or not proc it during your cooldowns). It's a case where you need to take Rawr numbers with a grain of salt and consider the trade off of constant strength versus. a powerful proc and DPM vs. DPS. Realistically, either should produce respectable results.
    The one thing that makes Black Magic favorable is the KICK ASS animation of your main hand. SWIRLY THINGS <3

Quote Originally Posted by Troskarin
    The one thing that makes Black Magic favorable is the KICK ASS animation of your main hand. SWIRLY THINGS <3
    MMM shiny! I cant even imagine how fast my AB will go if I had that enchant, I admit that already now when I get heroism + icy veins I get lost for a second because those AB-s fly off so fast!

20~ dps higher then 63 spellpower assumeing you're not haste capped 20 ~ dps less then 81

Hmm...coincidence that they're changing that enchant to proc haste at the same time they're making haste almost too important for shadow priests? >_> Hmm.

I smell TBC BM hunters revenge...in the form of a clothie.

First: Thanks for the advice with the Talisman of Resurgence, never took a really close look at the Badge items. (The Abyssal Rune was the first thing for me to get after 3.2.0 hit the Servers)

Second: From the replys I would say, that this enchant is at least worth trying out, even with my (missing) rng luck
    Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alamia
    MMM shiny! I cant even imagine how fast my AB will go if I had that enchant, I admit that already now when I get heroism + icy veins I get lost for a second because those AB-s fly off so fast!
    Add power infusion, a haste pot and the BM-proc to that and you quite fast AB's (probably too fast for GCD though).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae
    Hmm...coincidence that they're changing that enchant to proc haste at the same time they're making haste almost too important for shadow priests? >_> Hmm.

I smell TBC BM hunters revenge...in the form of a clothie.
    SPriests are so far behind they need the help. Also, SPriest mechanics basically screw them over. Channeled spells are much trickier to chain cast, and your latency generally hurts them more. Their filler spell is channeled, while we only have to channel for our proc spell.

Very true. Then again, blizz promised us spriests a nice non-channeled nuke for Cataclysm!

Maybe that's why there are so many bad shadow priests around. Clicking buttons with timing is a lot harder than smashing your 4 key till your screen turns pink from powerauras then hitting 2 and going back to 4, i guess. Like whack a mole with one mole vs 10 moles, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Maybe that's why there are so many bad shadow priests around. Clicking buttons with timing is a lot harder than smashing your 4 key till your screen turns pink from powerauras then hitting 2 and going back to 4, i guess. Like whack a mole with one mole vs 10 moles, perhaps?
    I approve this metaphor!

Maybe that's why there are so many bad shadow priests around.
    Your perfect rotation isn't rewarding to begin with, why bashing on the people that can't get it off, it's not like you guys can make it into hardmodes either way.

/Mean off

S.Priests need love.. somewhere else other than shadowform, that's wall of text enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukli
    it's not like you guys can make it into hardmodes either way.
    Hi my name is Skarrd. I have insanity25 and an ironbound for months but my guild can't do hardmodes.

15+ Year Old Account

Hi my name is Skarrd. I have insanity25 and an ironbound for months but my guild can't do hardmodes.
    I think by 'you' he meant Shadow Priests.