can someone give the the basics of frost tanking?

can someone give me the basics of frost tanking? like MT and multi targets plz i havent play my dk since the start of LK and i have no clue how to play him anymore can someone help me plz.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: can someone give the the basics of frost tanking?

Quote Originally Posted by Markin
    can someone give me the basics of frost tanking? like MT and multi targets plz i havent play my dk since the start of LK and i have no clue how to play him anymore can someone help me plz.
    Tanking for instances/heroics or raids?

15+ Year Old Account

"I am smiling. I am perky. I am the girl scout on your front porch offering cookies for money.
    I am your biscuit prostitute. I hope our transaction is savory."

Tanking doesn't have tight rotations like dps does, so you can play around a bit.

For example, for aoe tanking you can start with a howling blast on the mob most in the center, you might even want to combine this with the glyph for HB. Then you can drop a DnD or PS+pest+BB.
    You can also pull a mob with icy touch, drop DnD, PS+pest+BB
    Just keep spamming DnD and HB for awesome aoe threat (and obviously keep your diseases running on all the targets)

For single target tanking it's basically a DPS rotation where you use less frost strikes because of runestrike, and you might want to hit any of your cooldowns (IBF/UA/AMS) in case things get nasty. Might even drop in a death strike if you think your healers suck and you would die without the ~3k heal it gives.
    Besides that, just DPS rotation, keep diseases up and spam Obliterate, use RP for runestrikes first, and frost strike if you have enough. HB's only on multiple target fights or with a Rime proc.

Sorry it might be a bit of a messy read, I couldn't get myself to make it a nice list or so

The only thing I'd add to Exclusive's post is to macro UA w/ blood tap and work it into your rotation.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!