Is there a attunement for Icecrown Citadel?

Was wondering if there any info on a attunement process for Icecrown Citadel? I have been told by officers of my guild that there is going to be a attunement process for Icecrown Citadel, just wondering if there is any info if this is true or not.

Re: Is there a attunement for Icecrown Citadel?

No.
    The three five mans are unlocked by each other. That's all I've heard.

yeah theres no attunement for the raid. Blizz has said they dont want to do attunements anymore.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lac
    yeah theres no attunement for the raid. Blizz has said they dont want to do attunements anymore.

at a guess what your officers may have ment is that you need to complete normal modes before you are able to enter heroics ( or at least the raid leader need to have completed normal mode)

Should there be an attunement? Yes

Will there be? No

nope there are none.,.. every noob can enter and faceroll it..

Yeah, there's an attunement.

It's called "Show me your gear score and achievement."

Other than that, no...No epic quest; nothing. Still, that sort of thing works for a place like Icecrown, where Tirion and Darion basically busted down the front door and built a camp. This isn't like Black Temple, where we had to sneak in through the sewer system (Which was really awesome because it revealed that indoor plumbing DOES exist or did exist thanks to the Draenei.) in order to fight our way to Illidan.

Attunement would have been better for ToCr if it wasn't such a faceroll raid; at least it would have made it ten times more interesting if you had to be a Champion to enter ToC and a Crusader ranked member of the Argent Crusade in order to enter ToCr. I would have felt more tied to the instance...That's how I've always felt about attunements. It brings players close and makes them feel a particular way about the place they'll be raiding next.

The only necessary attunement I can think of for ICC would be fully completing ToC 10 at the very least, as part of a quest chain to defeat the encounters given by that one Argent Crusade chick chilling at the entrance of the Crusader's Pavilion. Tirion does openly state that only those who successfully survive the encounters in the Trials will be able to join the assault on Icecrown.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be cool if there were multiple ways to attune? An epic quest for rogue heroes of the Alliance that don't want Tirion's bureaucracy in order to take their revenge on the Lich King, and those others who wanted to prove themselves could do the ToCr chain. You'd be able to bring new depth to your character...If you enjoy RP anyways.

10+ Year Old Account

the attunement is that you be alive and breathing. thats it

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

Yep, it's something similar to http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/btattunement/