2.2k team vanished

was helping a friend of mine out, he was disbanding his arena teams and were asking for the commands to do so and guess what, i typed /teamdisband 2v2 right in the chat and boom, without even thinking my 2v2 team on 2.2k rating were gone... wtf shouldnt there be some kind of confirmation or anything, just gone?

Anyone who been in the same shit and know any way to get the team back? TY

Re: 2.2k team vanished

GM TICKET?

see if they can help by explaining what happened

Yeah just ticked them, should solve the problem

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account

The lack of confirmation screens var leaving/disbanding is pretty annoying. Last week some guys tried to fool a guild member into /gquitting when he wanted the command to disband his Arena team. I told them it was no fun anymore after Blizzard introduced the new confirmation screens for /gquitting.

One of the guys went "Really?" and promptly left the guild...fun yes, but pretty lame
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

25 People standing before Anub, 50 trys left.

Raidleader has held a motivation speech and is about to start it.
    "Do you really want to perform a ready check?" yes/no

Raidleader thinks OMG a confirmation, well so be it and clicks yes.
    People click yes, twi times, one time for the confirmation that they really wanted to click yes.
    Fight starts

"Do you really want to cast arcane blast on Anub rekhan?"
    >hmmm lemme think about this hard question for a while,..., YES thats why i clicked it.<

"Are you really sure? Your target probably wont like it and try to hit you once it gets it."
    >Uhm good point there, but i guess i´ll take the risk YES<

"Are you sure you want to cast another arcane blast?"
    >ahhh well i got so much other spells i could use, good question ... but YES<

"I mean you did one arcane blast and now want to cast another one, while not three seconds have passed, that means your next arcane blast you try to cast now will cost you 135% more mana than you previous one"
    >erm oh mana, hmmm got a point there, but looking at my mana and the duration of the fight i tend to say YES<

"tend or beeing sure?"
    >*slowly loosing nerves* wahhhh , YES<

"Btw we now made sure you want to cast another arcane blast, but i noticed you didnt switch targets, so really cast the second arcane blast on your SAME target?"
    >*getting aggro* you silly machine, there is just ONE target, no adds spawned until now, so YES<

"ah there you told it yourself, adds will spawn soon, are you sure you want to cast a second arcane blast on your target even when adds will spawn soon?"
    >EVEN THEN, YES<

"But your target is undead, so arcane blast is what you still want?"
    >holy crap YES<

"sorry to tell you, but you were a little slow answering my confirmations, and now they time where you got your arcane blast debuff expired. under these circumstances, are you really sure you still want your next cast to be arcane blast?"
    >no, tell me this is NOT true!!! and yeah even in this unlucky case YES i still want to cast arcane blast<

"somewhen soon your target will burrow, sure your arcane blast will fit in before?"
    >no, not sure, but YES i´ll do it anyway!<

"by now there had spawned some adds, so you are still sure you want to cast arcane blast on anub? maybe you want to switch to one of the adds or even AOE them?"
    >uh, oh erm, where did we start arguing? Now i remeber, my answer is YES!<

"Arcane blast does DMG and therefor will get you up in the aggro ranks, sure you can afford this and still want to cast it?"
    >the fuck i have omen here, the tank is WAY ahaed of everyone, and you bloody computer asking me silly questions taking away my DPS time so hard, i literally NEVER could pull aggro continuing like this, so YES.<

"Besides, you may have overseen it, but you have various ranks of arcane blast you could cast, you picked rank 12 which is the most powerful one, is that really what you want to do?"
    >what are you talking about? YES<

"so you want to cast massive damage on you target, which may cause your target to have pain or even die from it, are you sure?"
    >YES; thats EXACTLY my intension, so YES DO IT!<

"Ok, you really want to hurt you target i got it. But i notice others already hurting it, e.G. this rogue who did a sinister strike 5 seconds ago, and now tries to backstab it. Under these circumstances you still stand by your choice?"
    >*flipping out* YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!<

"Dont you feel low for beeing such a badass, wanting to hurt others full will and full power? we still could stop the process, just gotta say YES!"
    >YES i really want to do it, no WAIT, wait my answer is NO i do NOT want to stop it.<

"hmmm seems you didnt really grasp the concept of yes and no, so i better ask once more, YES = attack with arcane blast - NO = dont do anything."
    >YES<

"you want to answer a confirmation with "YES", are you sure you want to do this?"
    >giving up<

Ok, i may be slightly exaggarating, but still my opinion stays. There is no need for such confirmations for following reasons:
    1. People tend to overread them anyway and still click yes.
    2. People tend to get used to this which aint good. You aint got a confirmation real life as well, e.G. when pulling the trigger of a gun and there it really would be quite important.
    3. People which do NOT make up their head and think before they act, should live with their actions, that´ll make em learn.

my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan

Ok, i may be slightly exaggarating, but still my opinion stays. There is no need for such confirmations for following reasons:
    1. People tend to overread them anyway and still click yes.
    2. People tend to get used to this which aint good. You aint got a confirmation real life as well, e.G. when pulling the trigger of a gun and there it really would be quite important.
    3. People which do NOT make up their head and think before they act, should live with their actions, that´ll make em learn.

my two cents
    Hilarious read, but dude, he made a very innocent mistake and ending up losing his high-rated team. No need to be a dick. A confirmation would be wise here.

I would say u to lie at gm and say that ur bro disbanded it.
    but imo its not blizzar fault that if u type /teamdisband 2v2 that it disbands it,thats way too hard to misswrite

Quote Originally Posted by Banditen
    was helping a friend of mine out, he was disbanding his arena teams and were asking for the commands to do so and guess what, i typed /teamdisband 2v2 right in the chat and boom, without even thinking my 2v2 team on 2.2k rating were gone... wtf shouldnt there be some kind of confirmation or anything, just gone?

Anyone who been in the same shit and know any way to get the team back? TY
    Sounds like a good idea to start over and get 2.2k again.
    Jacquel is
    The Real On Use Bubble Leak Evaluation!

also a good idea to just read when you go to make the team and the guy says type /disband2v2 to leave the team and NOT type it when you get a rating

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Trenai
    I would say u to lie at gm and say that ur bro disbanded it.
    but imo its not blizzar fault that if u type /teamdisband 2v2 that it disbands it,thats way too hard to misswrite
    Yes, lie to the GM who knows you are the Arena Leader and tell him your brother is an ass instead of telling him that you were trying to help someone.

Be simple, tell the truth. And try to be online for the response, you may need to argue your case, logically.

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex
    The lack of confirmation screens var leaving/disbanding is pretty annoying.
    I have see 0 ("zero") PvPers who didnt face this one or more times...

P.S. pray for GM, and pray that u're play at EU-US... other loc has much worse GM support then us-eu does.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P