Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: 3.3 - Ephemeral Snowflake - Best in Slot?

Quote Originally Posted by Shahh
    Will be BIS at low gear levels like spark of hope. At decent gear levels, need sp trinkets.
    Well i doubt their going to be doing ICC(successfully) unless its easy as hell, but you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis
    Hi, I'm a holy priest, and I <3 me some innervates. More mana means a lot more heals for me.

PS saying always isn't always a good idea. Things change.
    While things do indeed change, SP > all has been pretty much the rule since wow began, with the exception of a few theory-crafted builds that died fast.

And as for you needing innervates your probably either carrying other healers or are attending content above your gear level.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia
    (CAPS INTENDED)
    CONFIRMED TO NOT PROC FROM JUDGEMENT OF LIGHT.

Druids, enjoy your awesome trinket like you did with http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45703 while we paladins bathe in our own tears, hoping for an intellect trinket to show up in the loot lists.
    meteorite crystal dropped in the same instance as spark so it's not exactly a big deal; beyond that I'm not sure how someone in ICC gear is going to be having mana problems as a paladin. Should be pretty close to 40k raid buffed going into ICC anyway...

I guess resto druids could take it so they can give Innervate to arcane mages, find myself doing that from time to time hehe

I don't think the trinket is good at all personally.

I would much rather take a SP trinket over it. Another person already said it throughput better for a druid than anything else and if you are doing the highest level of content available then it is an underwhelming trinket because you should not be going oom without it if you are using your own innervate (which as a resto druid you should be imo).

And other healers should not even be having mana issues to the point where they need your innervate...the only time they should need it is if they die and get a brez. And even in that case there are feral dps druids and moonkins who should more readily spare an innervate than a resto druid. As far as buffing an arcane mage's damage the same thing can be said.

I'm honestly a huge fan of this trinket. I haven't gone below 80% mana on any fights since grabbing it. On one of the boss encounters last night, Replenishment was responsible for 32k of my mana returned while the return from the trinket gave me 47k mana. The thing is just stupid.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

I tried it on my Disc priest...its pretty awful. I already DE'd it lol
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Do blizzard really suck that bad at the theory that they couldn't see wild growth being so OP, that the cost of lifebloom would fall through the floor?

An interesting thing is that circle of healing is just 11mana returned. Holy crap! USEFUL. Guess i'll stick with my Spark of hope, i love that thing.

I'm not sure who would use the thing now really, maybe a druid who's desperate... erm, well that's about it really, shamans don't give a crap about mana unless they SPAM chain heal, and even then they'll get back a minor amount of mana, again making this useless.

Shame, i was looking forward to not having to worry about mana (Even more so than normal) But nevermind. I'm sure i'll get by with just upgrading everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapuh
    let water shield drop?
    Stopped being an issue in 3.2 when they changed http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=16198. Notice it now says 'as if consumed', shaman don't really oom anymore - well not without considerable effort.

Really as it looks right now, given how many things it's not working for, this trinket is only great for somebody gearing up a new alt who thus needs the regen over all else.

Can any drood please test the nerfed version. With 830mp5 while casting i still need my own innervate :X.

AHH COOL! That's some sweet sarcasm you got there.

Simple thing is this works well with hots, maybe better than Spark of hope over time, however with single casts such as nourish and flash heal, the mana gained is... well it's pathetic.

Yes with wild growth it would of been amazing(ly overpowered) but druids rarely have mana problems anyway, try and get a lifebloom off every clearcast and you've got 490 mana back.

Just healing 1 person with lifebloom gives back 99mana, (110-121 with talents, living seed and glyph of lifebloom) however putting lifebloom on more than 1 person will still give back approximatly the same amount of mana, because of the cooldown. That's not considering the fact that other hots or even heals may give back the mana then the following lifebloom tick WILL NOT give back mana becaue of the cooldown.

Any AoE heals are useless with this now, Beacon of light (Dunno why a holy pally would want this anyway but just in case) will be pointless, PoH, CoH all pointless.

I probly already pointed most of this out but a so called "Healer" trinket isn't even useful to all Classes. Spark of hope, useful to everyone, less so pallys and shamans, but still a huge mp5 trinket.

This trinket MAY be of most use to a damn paladin due to FoL hots, it's a free component to a spell that can give back some nice mana.

it was bugged with no CD, now it has the standard CD and is proccing a LOT less

lol? shamans cant go oom?, did u see any shaman that is spamming his heals in heroic modes? (normal modes too but depends on how the fight is long),

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

I liked it lots before it got nerfed..but now that it was nerfed, should I replace it w/my illustration?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslider
    Can any drood please test the nerfed version. With 830mp5 while casting i still need my own innervate :X.
    Uh... with replenishment?

well for those wanting to know what it does after nerf it's ok i guess if you need mana. if it tickes every .25 sec i read on a diff fourm it still gives like 220 mp5 if you can get all your hots to line up just right. say it ticks.25ticks again .50 ticks again.75 ticksagain 1 sec. so can tick 4 times a sec 44mp5 sec or 220 mp5. but thats lineing up all hots every .25 sec and even then add in latency and such so i would guess average player would get about 180ish mp5. i know i roll most hots i can on tanks in raid and what i can for dps/heals. now heroics it might not be as good seeing you normaly dont have to roll so many hots so not as much of a chance to get that proc every .25 sec. .25 sec is taken from http://www.plusheal.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&p=52097. but even then they have no back up on it it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by xGLxAnubis
    Priests and shamans aren't nearly as mana efficient as druids, and being able to make sure they never go OOM, my raid becomes that much more effective.
    Priests - ok, but shaman? It's been a very long time since i even came close to oom and that goes for any shaman i know. Priests can run into trouble from time to time but more often than not, innervate is given to that daft mana user that had to receive a rebirth cos they didnt see the pretty flames.

Post nerf, definitely not. Even for just longevity trinket and not competing against healing output trinkets.

That said, I like using it on my holy or disc priest in certain situtations due to being able to keep up Prayer of Mending, multiple Renews, glyphed Prayer of Healing, Penance, and glyphed PW:S. Don't knock the on use haste either, very helpful in patching up large amounts of incoming raid and/or tank damage.

Or you could just keep the illustration, and continue using the valor idol for mana regen.

I don't know how you go oom with that much mp5. I doubt you're at the haste cap too, so by all logic, you should have MORE mana available vs before 3.3