Deleted

3.3 UH DK looking for help

I wanted to make my DK alt UH in 3.3 (currently blood), since this new SS looks promising.

however, I would like some pointers.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/?talent#jfVMM...zxbuIqo:MLrM0V is the spec i am thinking about (14/0/57). i just wondered, is it any good, or have i missed any good talents?

now, instead of a fixed rotation, i would have the following priority system: BP-FF-SS-BS - DC. would this be a good system, or would i be better of with a true rotation?

do i need to gear fully for STR and crit after hit and expertise cap? or is the expertise cap not needed? and can the shadow portion of SS be parried apart from the physical part?

and are there any other hints you can give me?

and please, don't point me to an EJ sticky/theorycrafting thread. If i wanted to search through 100's of posts and pages searching for the information i needed, i would do so. however, i don't have the time nor will to do that, so i ask a source where i can ask that. I don't have any problems with EJ, i just think they are now working more to the letter of their rules, rather than the idea as any sane and open man would (like banning people for forgetting to capitalize the start of their sentence, instead of just accepting that people can make errors, and should not be punished for the slightest misstep). but that aside.

if anyone can help me, please do so. i don't have any experience with UH DK, apart from a short, 5 min tryout in acherus so many months ago.

Re: 3.3 UH DK looking for help

3.3 Unholy is going to be the good old ss spam :]
    I've already tested every spec (Blood, DW and 2 Unholy specs) and 17/0/54 ss spam seems to pull amazing dps. my problem is unholy blight, I still don't know whether this talent is worth 1 point
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericdaroude
    3.3 Unholy is going to be the good old ss spam :]
    I've already tested every spec (Blood, DW and 2 Unholy specs) and 17/0/54 ss spam seems to pull amazing dps. my problem is unholy blight, I still don't know whether this talent is worth 1 point
    Yes, it's worth 1 point...

EDIT: For the OP, here's the current theoretical max dps spec http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...k2qE,FpQ,10623

In 3.3 we will be using a longer rotation with reaping, so you will need epidemic. Dark Conviction is way better than necrosis. Use glyph of IT, Ghoul and DD.

Deleted

i wonder if it would be a bit better to shift a point from somewhere into imp UH presence. this allows you to use another boot enchant, instead of tuskarr's. also, you won't need to shift into UH presence for movement heavy fights. the 8% speed increase could be very useful sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i wonder if it would be a bit better to shift a point from somewhere into imp UH presence. this allows you to use another boot enchant, instead of tuskarr's. also, you won't need to shift into UH presence for movement heavy fights. the 8% speed increase could be very useful sometimes.
    I don't know about everyone else, but, i haven't felt the need to switch into UH Pres since Heigan. And I don't use speed enchant on boots.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingwraith
    I don't know about everyone else, but, i haven't felt the need to switch into UH Pres since Heigan. And I don't use speed enchant on boots.
    ###

10% UB is very sucky IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    The sim is correct, it isn't generally well known but war token really is a six thousand dps increase over deaths choice.

###

10% UB is very sucky IMO
    Still over 1% DPS increase for 1 talent point.

I know you said don't mindlessly link EJ, but...

The Unholy thread at EJ is actually already updated for 3.3, with the best spec for 3.3 in the 3.3 section. They also go over every change in 3.3 and describes how it affects Unholy.

... So here is the link: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t72364-u..._3_like_leave/

First off, Glyph of Boneshield does nothing for dps because, if you've hit, the tank is not doing his/hers job. Replace it with Glyph of the Ghoul. Glyph of Scourge Strike is ok, but you can get the same effect without the need of a glyph. Swap the GoSS with Glyph of Icy Touch since it affects the frost fever portion, making your diseases even stronger.

In 3.3, with the mechanics of SS(it double dips in damage increasing effects), you should be hitting harder and not faster, so swap move the two points in IUP to Epidemic. Also, SS scales ridiculously well with crit, and you need to be using as many SS as possible, so move points in Necrosis to Dark Conviction and Reaping with 1 point moved from Morbidity to fill reaping. So you should end up with one linked above by Noxia.

###

10% UB is very sucky IMO
    It is still way better than the alternatives, like filling out Morbidity(trading 10% dot for 5% dd) or IUP(utility talent that replaces a boot enchant that is not really needed).