Confused after using Rawr... looking for some help.

Hey guys, I have a problem. This is actually my char:
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...?r=Uldum&n=Hao

Many people adviced me to use Rawr to optimize my gear and I've done it and there must be something I'm missing.

As you can see, I'm using 2p T9 bonus (hands and legs), Head from Triumph tokens, Chest from LW (it cost me a huge amount of money), Neck from Conquest tokens, and so on... everything gemmed with full ArP. I'm almost there for soft cap as I'm using Grim Toll.

Well, after using the optimize option of Rawr with the pieces I have in bank and so on, it constantly tells me that I should change my Head and Chest for the ones of T8.5, my neck for Charge of the Eredar, my belt for Relic Hunter's Cord and every single armor regemmed for agility, agility+haste and agility+sta...

And I'm feeling really confused. I know T8.5 2p bonus is quite nice... but is really that good that should leave my actual chest and head? And why should I regem everything for agility?? :S

Any good advice, please? Thanks

Re: Confused after using Rawr... looking for some help.

You have 412 ArPen from gear. We said the balance point where arpen becomes more valuable than agility is around 400 but it's possible that it's a little bit higher.

Your weapon is hurting you. Any of the current tier polearms or staves will give you 60-90 ArPen which will boost you way over 412 ArPen.

And if you're going to go for a socket bonus, go for the 8 agility in your helm rather than the 8 attack power in your shoulders.

The armory seems to not reflect well my ArP. I have 650 at the moment. I know my weapon sucks, but no single weapon seem to feel like dropping in my raids... kinda frustrating.

What I wanted to know is whether I should keep my items or should I change to what Rawr advices me. I was thinking to ask a GM to restore the mats and badges spent on them, and reuse my 2 pieces of T8.5, but I'm really lost a this moment.

Thanks for your answer anyways .

Any other advice? ^^

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by getefix
    You have 412 ArPen from gear.
    getefix is just talking about the ArP that comes on your gear when he says 412, not the gems you put in it.

Ahhh, sorry, I misunderstood. My English is not that good :P. Then, what should I do? Stay with ArP? Regem? Use 2p T8.5?

RAWR is calculating with 100% uptime on mangle, rip, rake and SR, wich is imposible for you to manage, therefor agi is rated higher than ArP until you get around 1k of it i think.

Never use RAWR as a guide, but more as a guideline. My char is currently at 888 ArP and RAWR still wants me to gem ArP.

Agi might become better in 3.3 when rake can crit with 4x T10, but nothing is certain at this point tho, so stick with ArP for now. I know that i will aim for the hardcap wich is 1400 when ICC comes. Crafted legs and new cloak is gonna help me a good part of the way, and same with JC and BS wich im lvling now and will give me 82 ArP extra aswell.

edit: And holy crap you got a lot of hit.. NEVER EVER go over 8% hit. Ferals dont need hit as much as other classes, it just helps out on our rotation, but useally other stats are better for us like Agi or ArP. Every point you got in hit is TOTALY wasted

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll stick with ArP then.
    On the subject of hit rating, if you see my gear, I have no single enchant or gem with it, it all comes from gear XD. I know I have way too much hit.

Again, thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao
    Thanks very much for the advice. I'll stick with ArP then.
    On the subject of hit rating, if you see my gear, I have no single enchant or gem with it, it all comes from gear XD. I know I have way too much hit.

Again, thanks .
    pick gear that doesn't have hit on it if you can. hit rating is as useless for you as spell power.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Something I've seemed to notice on RAWR is that by default it doesn't include arp pen gems in its set of gems to suggest.

Try going into the gem settings and add fractured rubies in all colour slots in a custom gem set along with its default ones (not the meta gem slot obviously) and RAWR will probably start suggesting arp pen gems for your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mowen
    Something I've seemed to notice on RAWR is that by default it doesn't include arp pen gems in its set of gems to suggest.

Try going into the gem settings and add fractured rubies in all colour slots in a custom gem set along with its default ones (not the meta gem slot obviously) and RAWR will probably start suggesting arp pen gems for your gear.
    This is the problem most of the time.

Edit gemming templates.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

If you are using default gemming templates, when you add an all fractured set don't forget a Fractured/Deadly/Shifting/Fractured set as well.

I have the impression that RAWR rather wants to drop dead before it'll suggest ArP gemming. For RAWR it is like Crit all the way.

But that being said: will it be a good idea to change my greatness card (90 agi) with the new 5-man 'grim toll' trinket?

15+ Year Old Account

depends on what your other trinket is. if it's another arp-trinket, replace that with the new one instead of replacing greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria
    depends on what your other trinket is. if it's another arp-trinket, replace that with the new one instead of replacing greatness.
    Unless its mjolnir.

You should hardcap in 3.3 anyways.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Unless its mjolnir.
    even if it's mjolnir.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=45931 vs http://ptr.wowhead.com/?item=50198

Well its the banner trinket, so it'll hurt if i had to drop that one, so why keep greatness and not the banner of victory? With it i have now around 540 rating.

Yeah, did you look at them? 10% chance on crits vs 15% chance on hit. I'm going to take it you didn't look at them or you'd know mjolnir is better. Or you're bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bavarcarus
    If you are using default gemming templates, when you add an all fractured set don't forget a Fractured/Deadly/Shifting/Fractured set as well.
    No one should ever use a Shifting Dreadstone. Ever. Nightmare tear or Fractured Cardinal Ruby. See explination above.

15+ Year Old Account

since they all have a internal cooldown just as any trinket with an equip effect on it, they will likely proc always just as the CD is ready. on a standard 5-10 minute fight they will have the same uptime, trust me.

since they all have a internal cooldown just as any trinket with an equip effect on it, they will likely proc always just as the CD is ready. on a standard 5-10 minute fight they will have the same uptime, trust me.
    Check a sim if you want. The current trinkets don't proc right when they come off cooldown either. The new one will have about 50% less chance to proc.

Mjolnir is better. Back to "you're bad."

Needle Encrusted Scorpion was better however, before they nerfed it to 678 ArP. It had the same chance to proc with a 30 second ICD.

Edit: I think I got my math wrong. I think it's 75% less likely to proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry
    Yeah, did you look at them? 10% chance on crits vs 15% chance on hit. I'm going to take it you didn't look at them or you'd know mjolnir is better. Or you're bad.
    No one should ever use a Shifting Dreadstone. Ever. Nightmare tear or Fractured Cardinal Ruby. See explination above.
    the shifting one is just put in as something for the blue sockets, it's very very unlikely that a set bonus would be good enough to make rawr use it but the main point of having that set of gems is for the deadly getting yellow slots.