Mage and the new water elemental .. how will it effect invisibility

I just want to know what will happen with the new glyph of water elemental and what will happen when you go invisible.. The creature hugs you all the time as it is . And causes enough problems at the moment, when you try and escape from combat threw the use of invisibility. I’m sure invisibility and water elemental will become a no go.. Unless you can get it to stay in combat with your enemy, it always follows the mage making you practically visible to everyone as it is

Re: Mage and the new water elemental .. how will it effect invisibility

Quote Originally Posted by Hailfel
    I just want to know what will happen with the new glyph of water elemental and what will happen when you go invisible.. The creature hugs you all the time as it is . And causes enough problems at the moment, when you try and escape from combat threw the use of invisibility. I’m sure invisibility and water elemental will become a no go.. Unless you can get it to stay in combat with your enemy, it always follows the mage making you practically visible to everyone as it is
    Don't know how it is at mages, but you can put your pet on stay at the pet bar. At least as hunter.

That and the glyph isn't meaned for pvp, cause they removed the freeze effect which makes it just a dps pet.

Made by Cazy!
    Massively Oversized Avatar removed - Cilraaz

Arrr yes your right .. Its just glyph of water elemental is an essential to frost PVP at the moment .. Yet on the other hand it’s a great improvement to the frost build regarding PVE

Yeah you have to glyph of water elemental and eternal water, eternal water is the new if I remember it correctly. Nothing changes for a pvp frost mage. expect the frozen core buff -1 sec casting time frostbolt after ice lance critical strike
    3.0-1.8=1.2 sec frost bolt, try that out with berserking and icy veins, nice burst if you got the chance to do a combo

Made by Cazy!

frost for pve ? mmm, no.

On the pvp side - they could make it like a hunters pet - just call it when u need it and dismiss it

True, normal behaviour applies. It will follow you, which has the same effect as a "I'm with stupid ->" T-shirt.
    Macro should do the trick. But like already has been stated, the frost nova is a big help in PvP, you shouldn't glyph it for PvP purposes.
    Saving for Cata.

Glyph it, set it to stay, go invisible and go someplace nearby, make an ambush with your rogue friends. NOBODY WILL EXPECT THE LONE WATER ELEMENTAL IN WARSONG GULCH

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    frost for pve ? mmm, no.

On the pvp side - they could make it like a hunters pet - just call it when u need it and dismiss it
    the whole reason they do all those changes is to make frost for pve? mmh, yes.
    Doubt its enough but if you really want to play it you won't be screwed in dps too much. They wont do anything with pvp. frost mages don't need a buff. They are fine.

Made by Cazy!

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    frost for pve ? mmm, no.

Mmm, yes. Why on earth would any non-mouth breathing PVPer want to remove the ability for their pet to freeze targets? That is the only important part of the pet in PVP. The change is ENTIRELY based on improving frost in PVE, along with making Deep Freeze cause damage to bosses and the Frozen Core change.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    Yeah you have to glyph of water elemental and eternal water, eternal water is the new if I remember it correctly. Nothing changes for a pvp frost mage. expect the frozen core buff -1 sec casting time frostbolt after ice lance critical strike
    3.0-1.8=1.2 sec frost bolt, try that out with berserking and icy veins, nice burst if you got the chance to do a combo
    Wasn't a buff, and they removed it.

Water elemental can still use it's nova on the PTR with this glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    Water elemental can still use it's nova on the PTR with this glyph.
    In the previous build, yes. In the build released yesterday, not anymore.

Either it was a bug or Blizzard was just trying it out to see how it would play in PvP.

I think some kind of compromise would be nice...maybe have the elemental die when you use freeze (sacrifice), have it take damage when it freezes, make freeze cost 75% of the elemental's mana or have the cooldown of freeze extended when the elemental is glyphed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiga
    In the previous build, yes. In the build released yesterday, not anymore.

Either it was a bug or Blizzard was just trying it out to see how it would play in PvP.

I think some kind of compromise would be nice...maybe have the elemental die when you use freeze (sacrifice), have it take damage when it freezes, make freeze cost 75% of the elemental's mana or have the cooldown of freeze extended when the elemental is glyphed.
    Meh, I don't think it would be as big of a deal in srs bsns arenas anyway. WE has a tiny health pool and any good team would just kill it off the bat if it was a perma-pet. Not a big deal either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Glyph it, set it to stay, go invisible and go someplace nearby, make an ambush with your rogue friends. NOBODY WILL EXPECT THE LONE WATER ELEMENTAL IN WARSONG GULCH
    it sounds funny, but unfortunately Invisibility is like a bag on your head... you can't see others
    (I remember back in Vanilla when Blizz allowed seeing the complete game world whilst invisible)

Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    it sounds funny, but unfortunately Invisibility is like a bag on your head... you can't see others
    (I remember back in Vanilla when Blizz allowed seeing the complete game world whilst invisible)
    ah yes.. the days I would stack a reck bomb and gulp a invis potion near a group of horde then proceed to look for anyone sitting down..
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakuru
    Don't know how it is at mages, but you can put your pet on stay at the pet bar. At least as hunter.

That and the glyph isn't meaned for pvp, cause they removed the freeze effect which makes it just a dps pet.
    Not to mention you never QQ'd about Mirror Images ALREADY DOING THIS.

I award this thread with the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAOxY_nHdew
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by afkalmighty
    ah yes.. the days I would stack a reck bomb and gulp a invis potion near a group of horde then proceed to look for anyone sitting down..
    Lol reck bombs were hilarious. Smack boars in durotar, 1 shot horde chillin outside dueling.